General Discussion > Accountability and Motivation

strawbs wants to get fitter

(1/5) > >>

strawberries:
I don't really need to provide much context because being fit is good for you etc.

I don't really have a goal in mind other than being the best I can be :)
Every day, I hope to be doing at least some form of exercise - although it's hard when I have work if I leave in the morning and come back in the evening (if I can't, then I'll make it up the next day)

Atm, I'm running (pretty much) every day. Tbh, I've skipped a few runs when I fail to organize my life and write essays instead. But yeah usually I do around 4-4.5kms. Canberra actually has a lot of nice running tracks which I didn't discover till this year :o
There's a running group at my college which goes on a few runs each week, which are usually like 5-7kms, usually in the black mountain area (which is quite hilly and rocky which I kinda hate but it's good for you)
I've also done quite a bit of sports this year, playing for my college. In term 1 I did frisbee and touch footy, and last term I did AFL, hockey and basketball (even tho I'm pretty bad at most of them but they were fun). I'm also doing social netball at uni 2 nights a week during term.

So yeah I hope I'll update this regularly. Atm the uni term is over so it's exam period and there's no sports running atm :( so it's just running everyday (I also really want to join a sports club and play and train regularly?? But idk what sport to do??)

strawberries:
last week: ran ~18km across 4 days, so ~4.5km each day

today: tried a new route and ran ~6km in ~35mins, hopefully I can improve my time over the coming days. I'd love to hit around the ~30min mark for this route eventually

Poet:
Hey strawbs! It's really great to hear you're keeping fit, and it's quite motivating to see you continue even with the stresses of uni life 💙

With sports season not far away, you asked for suggestions and I really would recommend soccer or hockey for you. Both are fairly basic sports - the rules are simple and fairly intuitive once you get to know the game, and they both mainly involve running.

I played hockey for a few years and it remains my favourite sport, because it engages the legs, arms and basically your whole body. Also, depending on how much you want to run, you can take defence, wing or striker, a lot like soccer. Except you're moving the ball with a stick and you can't touch it with your feet.

Gameplay for both soccer and hockey requires endurance and bursts of speed, agility and quick-thinking (and personally team sports are much more motivating than solo exercise).

That's just my recommendation but I wanted to encourage you to keep going, well done so far! 💙

Joseph41:
Awesome work!

strawberries:

--- Quote from: Poet on June 18, 2019, 10:29:12 am ---snip

--- End quote ---
thanks Poet for the recommendations! Yeah I was thinking something like soccer being something I'd like to try but I'm not sure how to go about it haha

today: ran the same as yesterday but I was 2mins slower. I don't know how that happened lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version