Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 03:00:47 am

Author Topic: Preparation for year 12  (Read 955 times)  Share 

TaemiSeok

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Preparation for year 12
« on: October 16, 2018, 04:11:19 pm »
I'm a year 11 student who starts year 12 in less than two weeks and I'm freaking out.
I just got my yearly exam back and I totally flopped it excluding the essay which I did pretty well in.
Anyway, I have about a year to get my act together but I have no idea how or what to do...
The summaries I have for my year 11 syllabus is around 30 pages typed out in Cornell notes on word and idk if I should summarise those again or not.
I really suck at memorising things and I don't know what to do or where to start.
If any of you guys have tips for legal studies at all, please help!!!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
Re: Preparation for year 12
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:52:46 pm »
Hello! Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay :-)

Are you doing the HSC or VCE? Just wondering because you said you start year 12 in less than 2 weeks but most schools start this week.

In regards to what you said:
- Nope, don't waste your time summarising your year 11 notes. You're pretty much on a clean slate in year 12 - it's all new content from day 1 :-)
- For memorising, don't use linear notes if you know you're not good at it. Try something else! Writing essay plans including the cases and legislation you're going to use was more effective for me because while I had notes, I could refer to them instead of just reading them. Engaging yourself in class discussion also helps a ton.
- Make sure you do as many past papers as possible if you know you do well in essays.

Those are just a few tips -- best of luck for year 12!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW