Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:05:28 am

Author Topic: Germany topic-conservative elites  (Read 2686 times)  Share 

JoyMaalouf

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Germany topic-conservative elites
« on: September 25, 2017, 03:35:37 pm »
Hey guys! Might be a silly question but why are the conservative elites important in the Germany topic? I've read over information about them but I'm just not understanding haha. Thanks!!

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: Germany topic-conservative elites
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:52:37 pm »
+2
Hey guys! Might be a silly question but why are the conservative elites important in the Germany topic? I've read over information about them but I'm just not understanding haha. Thanks!!

Yeah I didn't understand it at first either. I'm pretty sure it's in regards to the army, junkers, judiciary etc. of Germany during the Weimar Republic and they were important because they all held important roles within the Government and were in fact against democracy and would contribute to its downfall (eg. the role of the army in bringing hitler to power through men such as hindenburg and schliecher) hope that helps!
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

JoyMaalouf

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 03:57:16 pm »
+1

Yeah I didn't understand it at first either. I'm pretty sure it's in regards to the army, junkers, judiciary etc. of Germany during the Weimar Republic and they were important because they all held important roles within the Government and were in fact against democracy and would contribute to its downfall (eg. the role of the army in bringing hitler to power through men such as hindenburg and schliecher) hope that helps!

Helps so much! Thank you

Phoenix11

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 04:04:36 pm »
+3
Hello!
How's it going?
Okay, so first off, I have no idea about this topic and I had to search it up to understand what it was actually saying thanks to my lack of historical facts but I researched so that counts for something. :)
Anyways, I found that the conservative elites actually helped Hitler gain power(dictatorship). So basically the elites consisted of Old right and New right which combined to help Hitler gain the position of Chancellor. The New right included the Nazi party which gained enough support for Hitler to become chancellor.
The Nazis acquired a lot of support because wealthy landowners and such did not want a communist nation like the Nazis so they were very popular back then. So Hitler got a lot of votes partially because people did not want Communism.

Then there was the 'Shabby Deal' which was a group of conservative elites (Hindenburg, Schleicher and Von Papen) who decided to bring Hitler into a government where it would be a composition of both the Nationalists and the conservatives. They did this because they were scared that the Nazis were going to seize the power as the elites (Schleicher and Von Papen) decided that it would be easier to control Hitler inside the government rather than the outside.

Later, Hitler was invited by Schleicher to become vice chancellor with Von Papen(chancellor). Schleicher did this because he wanted Hitler to be 'squeaking' in a corner.

Still, Hitler was able to come to power even though his party had no magnetism in the vote anymore as the Conservatives shouldn't have welcomed him to power.

:) :) :) :)
I hope this answered your question.
Phoenix11-
Work hard in silence and let your success be your noise.
😄

JoyMaalouf

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 08:49:54 pm »
+1

Hello!
How's it going?
Okay, so first off, I have no idea about this topic and I had to search it up to understand what it was actually saying thanks to my lack of historical facts but I researched so that counts for something. :)
Anyways, I found that the conservative elites actually helped Hitler gain power(dictatorship). So basically the elites consisted of Old right and New right which combined to help Hitler gain the position of Chancellor. The New right included the Nazi party which gained enough support for Hitler to become chancellor.
The Nazis acquired a lot of support because wealthy landowners and such did not want a communist nation like the Nazis so they were very popular back then. So Hitler got a lot of votes partially because people did not want Communism.

Then there was the 'Shabby Deal' which was a group of conservative elites (Hindenburg, Schleicher and Von Papen) who decided to bring Hitler into a government where it would be a composition of both the Nationalists and the conservatives. They did this because they were scared that the Nazis were going to seize the power as the elites (Schleicher and Von Papen) decided that it would be easier to control Hitler inside the government rather than the outside.

Later, Hitler was invited by Schleicher to become vice chancellor with Von Papen(chancellor). Schleicher did this because he wanted Hitler to be 'squeaking' in a corner.

Still, Hitler was able to come to power even though his party had no magnetism in the vote anymore as the Conservatives shouldn't have welcomed him to power.

I hope this answered your question.

Very very well explained!! Thank you:)

Phoenix11

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 08:51:17 am »
+1
All good!
Happy to help.
😄
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:18:51 am by Phoenix11 »
Phoenix11-
Work hard in silence and let your success be your noise.
😄

Never.Give.Up

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 05:39:13 pm »
+2
The conservatives elites contributed to the down fall of the democratic governments. They never supported them and had faith in democracy.
Further to this...they supported SPD when democracy was going well, undermined SPD when democracy was failing.... ;)
a reason why they were such a significant factor of the downfall is because the SPD did not clean out the judiciary system etc. so it was very biased towards the right. Hence, Hitler wasn't killed for treason, nor was he jailed for 5 years like he was originally sentenced, it was only 9 months, and as he was right-wing, eventually gained support of the conservative elites- army etc. -by killing his own SA.... ;D and so on...