Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:56 pm

Author Topic: JMSS 2021 Entry  (Read 111636 times)  Share 

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS 2021 Entry
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2020, 08:16:03 pm »
Science has always been of my favourite subjects in school, and an interest out of school. Science, being such a broad topic means that there is just so much to learn, and I think it's cool how any phenomena can be explained (even if it takes forever) through science. Questions like, why things drop? or why water doesn't fall of the Earth can all be explained through the concept of Gravity. It's the little concepts that can explain such complex ideas that makes science cool, at least in my opinion. This is also why I enjoy math it's about transforming complex patterns, into easy to-understand expressions. A relationship between the circumference and diameter of a circle, is described as pi. I've greatly enjoyed math and science in school, and this has largely stemmed from my general curiosity, no matter what the subject would be. I think it's great that JMSS, while being a 'science school' still offers so much more, science is a real important part of world, but there is also still so much other stuff in the world. Science and math are largely calculating, but people say I'm a more of a creative person. It's probably why I love drawing, photography, filmmaking, and literature so much. I think JMSS's community being revolved around learning, as well as having better facilities would greatly motivate me. I still have no idea of what I want to do in the future, but being placed into a position where I'm able to learn about new arising science subjects, without neglecting my interests for other subjects, will help me discover pathways I was never even aware of. Even if I don't get in to JMSS I'll still have an undying passion for science, it's just unfortunate that I'm going to miss out on such a life-changing experience.
that's cool but what do u mean by: 'it's just unfortunate that you're going to miss out on such a life-changing experience.' I think you'll get, everyone seems to be genuinely interested on this forum and will at least make it past the testing stage. Im pretty sure we all did well.

ihavenolife:(

• Trendsetter
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2020, 11:49:32 am »
that's cool but what do u mean by: 'it's just unfortunate that you're going to miss out on such a life-changing experience.' I think you'll get, everyone seems to be genuinely interested on this forum and will at least make it past the testing stage. Im pretty sure we all did well.

I don't quite understand what you mean, sorry
no

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2020, 12:20:40 pm »
I don't quite understand what you mean, sorry
Do you think you will get in? cuz you wrote that u think u won't and it will be unfortunate. i said i think that most of us, if not, all, on the forum will at least make it to the interviews.

• Trendsetter
« Reply #273 on: August 11, 2020, 12:32:34 pm »
Do you think you will get in? cuz you wrote that u think u won't and it will be unfortunate. i said i think that most of us, if not, all, on the forum will at least make it to the interviews.

I was meant to say IF I don't get in. I just gotta hope I did good enough to at-least get an interview.
no

moderatefaith

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2020, 03:11:53 pm »
Science has always been of my favourite subjects in school, and an interest out of school. Science, being such a broad topic means that there is just so much to learn, and I think it's cool how any phenomena can be explained (even if it takes forever) through science. Questions like, why things drop? or why water doesn't fall of the Earth can all be explained through the concept of Gravity. It's the little concepts that can explain such complex ideas that makes science cool, at least in my opinion. This is also why I enjoy math it's about transforming complex patterns, into easy to-understand expressions. A relationship between the circumference and diameter of a circle, is described as pi. I've greatly enjoyed math and science in school, and this has largely stemmed from my general curiosity, no matter what the subject would be. I think it's great that JMSS, while being a 'science school' still offers so much more, science is a real important part of world, but there is also still so much other stuff in the world. Science and math are largely calculating, but people say I'm a more of a creative person. It's probably why I love drawing, photography, filmmaking, and literature so much. I think JMSS's community being revolved around learning, as well as having better facilities would greatly motivate me. I still have no idea of what I want to do in the future, but being placed into a position where I'm able to learn about new arising science subjects, without neglecting my interests for other subjects, will help me discover pathways I was never even aware of. Even if I don't get in to JMSS I'll still have an undying passion for science, it's just unfortunate that I'm going to miss out on such a life-changing experience.

ahahaha this is a fuckign mad copypasta holy shit

• Trendsetter
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2020, 03:20:54 pm »

ahahaha this is a fuckign mad copypasta holy shit

U genius, how did u figure out¿

.-.
no

• Trendsetter
« Reply #276 on: August 11, 2020, 05:38:42 pm »
i guess i got big trolled. fock i feel like everyone's cringing at my posts right now.

How did you get trolled ??
no

Discover123

• Adventurer
« Reply #277 on: August 15, 2020, 07:45:42 pm »
hey guys just wondering if any of your know when Suzanne results are coming out and how many people they usually accept?

AMC for life

• Trendsetter
« Reply #278 on: August 15, 2020, 07:48:42 pm »
hey guys just wondering if any of your know when Suzanne results are coming out and how many people they usually accept?
They usually except 10-20. I emailed them asking result dates but they said they are not sure on Wednesday

Discover123

• Adventurer
« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2020, 08:03:34 pm »
They usually except 10-20. I emailed them asking result dates but they said they are not sure on Wednesday

ok thanks so nervous what are your preferences 

EggBoiRules

• Adventurer
« Reply #280 on: August 16, 2020, 11:53:48 am »
hey, I applied for 2021 Year 10, if anyone has any questions or wants any tips for study, feel free to!

PersonO__O

• Adventurer
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2020, 03:34:31 pm »
Does anyone know when the interview results for JMSS will come out, cause supposedly the first round of interviews is on the 27th?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 03:36:03 pm by PersonO__O »

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2020, 04:37:42 pm »
wait did anyone get interview invites?

aaron6785

• Trendsetter
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2020, 04:38:18 pm »
Does anyone know when the interview results for JMSS will come out, cause supposedly the first round of interviews is on the 27th?
do u mean interview invitations?

Pearsoncomeatme

• Adventurer
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2020, 07:10:00 pm »
Hollup, I did my interview like wayyyy back on August 8th, and they told me results would be back in 48 hours, or I must've misheard.