Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:00:28 pm

Author Topic: Does trying out for 2nd round hinder timetable opportunities?  (Read 567 times)  Share 

bazinsky

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Does trying out for 2nd round hinder timetable opportunities?
« on: January 16, 2019, 04:57:08 pm »
I've been accepted into Melb Uni for my second pref but I'm thinking of trying out for 2nd round offers to see if I can get into my first (also at Melb Uni). AFAIK 2nd round offers are released on Feb 4, which is AFTER 90% of places in first year subjects are taken (Jan 31). How is it possible to enrol in desirable classes if I were to accept my 2nd round offer?  :o

Also separate Q: I've already accepted my first round offer - should I enrol as well or wait and see if I get my 2nd round offer?

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Does trying out for 2nd round hinder timetable opportunities?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:09:04 pm »
+2
Enrol and accept. Offers lapse if you don't fully enrol before the specified date, which usually involves enrolling in subjects too. Your offer email should state what you need to do.

Can always withdraw later on before the cut off/census if you end up getting your 2nd round desired one.

It really depends on the uni dates/what they specify as to when preferences etc. need to be submitted. In some cases you may just have to take what you can get for the first semester. You aren't bound by the times/days forever, it's important to remember that. In terms of enrolling in the actual subject/unit itself, if you are issued an offer then provision is made for you to enrol in it so there has to be room, otherwise they wouldn't offer you the spot in the first place.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:12:39 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile