Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:33:58 am

Author Topic: Multimedia Teacher Doesn't Know Anything About Subject  (Read 5484 times)  Share 

yolandarobson

Multimedia Teacher Doesn't Know Anything About Subject
« on: July 25, 2012, 05:19:11 pm »
Hey guys,

I want to hear what you think about your multimedia classroom 'experience' I guess.

My teacher is honestly the most incompetent person ever, I'm not just saying that.
There are students in my class who haven't even begun SAT's that were due last term and the teacher literally doesn't care and is letting them hand it in whenever. Do other people get this too?

I'm not exaggerating when I say overall my teacher has probably sat us down and made us pay attention in his class no more than 10 times over the 1/2 and 3/4 class.

He gave us a trial exam last week and literally no one knew ANYTHING on the exam because he hasn't EVER taught it to us! (Everyone except me used their phones to get their answers, the teacher saw but didn't say anything)

All the assignments we've had to do we've had to be completely autonomous because he doesn't know how to impart any knowledge when it comes to any of the programs. So therefore, we don't even know what we're looking for half the time!

I know I sound like a whiny boobhead but I want to know if this is how the subject is supposed to be!
In all my other subjects we have direction and a constant flow of knowledge but in this class, as much as I love it and actually do well in it, it's not rewarding and I always feel lost! I don't want to come to the end of year exam and fail because he didn't tell us anything!

Does anyone else have this problem?

Meeeeep

summerlilymoon

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Multimedia Teacher Doesn't Know Anything About Subject
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 10:47:35 pm »
My teacher is exactly the same... I don't understand it's so shit. don't even know what the topics are for It :(

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 11:00:04 pm »
My teacher is exactly the same... I don't understand it's so shit. don't even know what the topics are for It :(

What steps have you taken to address these problems? Have you spoken to your teacher and explained you don't know what the "topics" are? If this situation is as bad as you are making it out to be, then this should be addressed ASAP at your school.

Like, I know it's really easy to blame the teacher and a lot of students do it... but if no action has been taken on your end, how does anybody know your concerns if they aren't given an opportunity to address them?

Thanks
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 11:03:09 pm »

Also welcome to AtarNotes!