Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:19:35 am

Author Topic: Monash Law Transfer  (Read 1884 times)  Share 

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
Monash Law Transfer
« on: August 22, 2017, 05:22:53 pm »
Hey guys,

I've got a desire to enrol in the bachelor of laws at monash uni, however a 98 ATAR seems very intimidating in terms of achievement! Because of this, I was wondering how hard it is to transfer from one course at monash (say arts or commerce) into the law degree? What sort of marks should I be aiming in these respective courses, in order to guarantee a transfer?

Thank you!
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
Re: Monash Law Transfer
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:40:02 pm »
+6
Hey!

Hard is a pretty relative term. What's hard for one person might be crazy easy for another so, it's a pretty impossible question to answer!

I transferred into Law. My ATAR was like 93, and my uni average at the time was probably around 86 or 87. Personally, I found getting the uni grades a lot easier than getting my ATAR. But I've met people who found getting their ATAR way easier. Imo it's very achievable to transfer in if it's something you focus on. If you treat your first year of university the way most students treat their Year 12, you end up doing very well. A lot of people 'chill' in their first year of uni, but if you got at it hard af, you can get pretty solid marks.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Calebark

• biscuits of disappointment
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +2741
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:46:15 pm »
+3
This isn't really answering your question, but it may be helpful nonetheless. Monash recently introduced new pathways for disadvantaged students, so if you qualify, have a look at this.
🐢A turtle has flippers and a tortoise has clubs🐢

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 05:51:11 pm »
Hey!

Hard is a pretty relative term. What's hard for one person might be crazy easy for another so, it's a pretty impossible question to answer!

I transferred into Law. My ATAR was like 93, and my uni average at the time was probably around 86 or 87. Personally, I found getting the uni grades a lot easier than getting my ATAR. But I've met people who found getting their ATAR way easier. Imo it's very achievable to transfer in if it's something you focus on. If you treat your first year of university the way most students treat their Year 12, you end up doing very well. A lot of people 'chill' in their first year of uni, but if you got at it hard af, you can get pretty solid marks.

Thanks for the speedy response! I feel like the concept of transfers is explained pretty poorly by schools, as most of the focus is on achieving a specific ATAR, so it is very reassuring to see that not all hope is lost if that score isn't achieved! Thanks for the advice.

This isn't really answering your question, but it may be helpful nonetheless. Monash recently introduced new pathways for disadvantaged students, so if you qualify, have a look at this.

I don't qualify for this pathway, but it seems like a good scheme nonetheless!
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash