Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:10 pm

Poll

Do you own a digital pen note taking device?

Yes
3 (27.3%)
No, but I want one
6 (54.5%)
No, don't care
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: HSC study tool for digital note taking devices  (Read 879 times)

edbread

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
HSC study tool for digital note taking devices
« on: August 13, 2017, 04:23:53 pm »
+1
Hey all, i've been thinking about developing an HSC study tool that takes advantage of devices where you can use a stylus to write directly on the screen (eg surface pro, ipad pro). I'm curious how popular these devices are, does anyone here personally own one?

Specifically i'm thinking about subjects where there's a significant written problem solving element, like maths, physics, etc. Any interest in something like this?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: HSC study tool for digital note taking devices
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:28:00 pm »
+2
Hey all, i've been thinking about developing an HSC study tool that takes advantage of devices where you can use a stylus to write directly on the screen (eg surface pro, ipad pro). I'm curious how popular these devices are, does anyone here personally own one?

Specifically i'm thinking about subjects where there's a significant written problem solving element, like maths, physics, etc. Any interest in something like this?

Welcome to the forums!! ;D

I do own an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil :)

If you are seriously considering investing energy developing a tool for people, you'll want to make sure you've done proper market analysis. Make a survey! Ask for subjects taken, the devices they own, how those devices are used (academically and personally) - You want a really good picture of who you'd be making the thing for, and whether they'd be interested in your tool, before you do anything else :)

edbread

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 04:37:23 pm »
thanks for the warm welcome  :D
I've zuszhed up my post with a poll for the time being, might put a survey together soon!

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 05:14:20 pm »
+1

Hi!
I use a Microsoft Surface Pro, and I use the stylus every day! It's really convenient to use, whether it's to draw diagrams, add annotations, or switch between applications :)
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?