Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:34:08 am

Author Topic: writing over the lines - it this ok?  (Read 1801 times)  Share 

Elsa//768

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +16
writing over the lines - it this ok?
« on: October 31, 2019, 02:31:25 pm »
Hi guys!
Sooo I just finished the Psych exam (yay). However, because my handwriting is REALLY big, I went over the allocated lines quite a lot for most of the questions... I ensured that I did not write in the 'DO NOT WRITE' dark bands and ensured that everything was inside the outer borders (i.e. the giant square)... But I am still a bit nervous so... will my answers get cut off?
Thanks!!

Mod edit: changed title from all caps
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 03:31:25 pm by Bri MT »
2018: Revolutions (46); Biology (47)
2019: EAL (46); Methods (47 ); Psychology (49 ); Legal Studies ( 39)
ATAR: 99.65
Possibly offering tutoring for 2020!
After all, tomorrow is another day.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: WRITING OVER THE LINES- IT THIS OK?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 02:37:04 pm »
+1
Hi guys!
Sooo I just finished the Psych exam (yay). However, because my handwriting is REALLY big, I went over the allocated lines quite a lot for most of the questions... I ensured that I did not write in the 'DO NOT WRITE' dark bands and ensured that everything was inside the outer borders (i.e. the giant square)... But I am still a bit nervous so... will my answers get cut off?
Thanks!!
VCAA assessors are nice in the way that they do they generally do their best to read each students handwriting. If it is difficult to read they won't just give you zero they will try to decipher it. If they can't understand it they can flag it and get another assessor to have a look at this. (information from one of my past teacher's who was a biology assessor).  Not sure exactly what you mean by you wrote "over the lines" but everything within the box for the answer will be read even if you write below the lines.

yourfriendlyneighbourhoodghost

• Forum Obsessive
  • sleep now and dream, study now and live your dream
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:39:30 pm »
VCAA assessors are nice in the way that they do they generally do their best to read each students handwriting. If it is difficult to read they won't just give you zero they will try to decipher it. If they can't understand it they can flag it and get another assessor to have a look at this. (information from one of my past teacher's who was a biology assessor).  Not sure exactly what you mean by you wrote "over the lines" but everything within the box for the answer will be read even if you write below the lines.

Thank you for stating that because I am always nervous the assessors will take one look at my kind of messy handwriting and will just give it a zero.
2018: Studio Arts [37]
2019: English [38] Psychology [38] Vis Com [36] Software Development [40] Further Maths [35]
ATAR: 87.95 ❤️

2020-2023 Bachelor of Arts @ Unimelb

Elsa//768

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:42:18 pm »
I see I see. I did ensure that all of my writings are within the outer borders (i.e. the BIG SQURE) so I should be fine. Phewww. Thank you so much!!
2018: Revolutions (46); Biology (47)
2019: EAL (46); Methods (47 ); Psychology (49 ); Legal Studies ( 39)
ATAR: 99.65
Possibly offering tutoring for 2020!
After all, tomorrow is another day.