Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:03:53 am

Author Topic: RMIT or La Trobe for engineering?  (Read 5105 times)  Share 

bobisnotmyname

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
RMIT or La Trobe for engineering?
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:16:15 pm »
Hey guys I'm currently deciding what uni I should go to, I was fortunate enough to received an ATAR that can get me into any uni. I was thinking of RMIT but the uni accomodation cost are very expensive in Melbourne, while at La Trobe in bendigo it's a lot cheaper, about $5000 a year and will be closer to home since I live near the NSW border. So what should I do, I was thinking of doing the new La Trobe general engineering degree for two years then transferring into mechanical/electrical engineering at RMIT if I still wish to go there. Is this a good plan?

huaxiadragon

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Life is like Tetris, You can't take it back
  • Respect: +31
Re: RMIT or La Trobe for engineering?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:37:07 am »
+1
As an Electrical engineer who graduated and knows many engineers who went to Universities like RMIT I would definitely recommend you to go to RMIT University, at least for the final 2 years.

The Subjects at RMIT are easier, and the internship program offered is fantastic, I've known people who received internships to go to Germany and work at Audi, BMW, AIrbus in Europe etc.

Not sure whether transferring would work for you, it maybe result in you needing to extend your degree since some of the credits may not be transferred, but I would definitely recommend you to spend at least the final 2 years of your degree at RMIT. 
ATAR 2010: 98.15
Chemistry: 50

2011-2013 (UoM | Bachelor of Science | Electrical Systems Major)

2014-2015 (UoM | Master of Engineering | Electrical | First Class Honours)

2016-2017 (Graduate Electrical Engineer)

2017+ Senior Engineer (Electronic Maintenance)

My Personal Guide on How I studied to get a 50!
Huaxiadragon's Experience in getting a 50 in Chem (Guide to How I studied)