Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:15:30 am

Author Topic: Feedback - Hendersons/James Ann/Spectrum ?  (Read 6244 times)  Share 

CosTheta

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Feedback - Hendersons/James Ann/Spectrum ?
« on: June 16, 2019, 02:46:02 pm »
Hi All,

To people who have been to these coaching(or any other than these), do you think they made any difference ?
I only went to Hendersons (full course) and were getting superiors in their mock exams but the actual exam was on a different level altogether- much harder  :-[
Can people who have been to James An/Spectrum give their opinion ? I am asking as I have a sibling who would appear for the exam next year so wanted to help her.

Louis23

• Forum Regular
Re: Feedback - Hendersons/James Ann/Spectrum ?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 02:53:23 pm »
Ive heard great things about James Ann, but in my case i went to Edu Kingdom. Trustme dont go there,
they teachers might be nice and all but they dont TEACH u anything. They just give tests thats it. idk about the other Edu Kingdoms around in Vic but dont go to the Hallam one.

Btw what school u trying out for im trying for nossal, good luck.

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 03:39:16 pm »
james an is not much help other, trust me tuitions help you only with speed, with knowledge, you need to self-teach. Probably why selective exams are getting harder (to test knowledge more than speed (im not too sure). Tell ur sibling to self study, or teach them as this may help better

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 05:10:19 pm »
Hi All,

To people who have been to these coaching(or any other than these), do you think they made any difference ?
I only went to Hendersons (full course) and were getting superiors in their mock exams but the actual exam was on a different level altogether- much harder  :-[
Can people who have been to James An/Spectrum give their opinion ? I am asking as I have a sibling who would appear for the exam next year so wanted to help her.
Tbh, tutors are really not worth it, I got legit no help from spectrum, the test was way harder.

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 05:19:19 pm »
Tbh, tutors are really not worth it, I got legit no help from spectrum, the test was way harder.
i went to spectrum too, it didn’t help me at all actually. I found it easier to just learn by yourself, you have more options and can freely learn that way

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 06:57:53 pm »
i went to spectrum too, it didn’t help me at all actually. I found it easier to just learn by yourself, you have more options and can freely learn that way
Yeah, what campus did u go

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 07:04:52 pm »
Yeah, what campus did u go
st albans campus

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 07:10:28 pm »
also, i go to a school with 2 campuses. I was wondering if they count people from different campuses as one cohort all together or do they count it as an individual cohort for each campus?
thanks in advance

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 07:11:37 pm »
st albans campus
Wtf that’s where I go, I’m probably in ur class lol. U were in the selective class? Cause I was lol

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 07:12:11 pm »
also, i go to a school with 2 campuses. I was wondering if they count people from different campuses as one cohort all together or do they count it as an individual cohort for each campus?
thanks in advance
I go copperfield and they will count it as one whole school(kings park and Sydenham)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:14:43 pm by ProbotMelbourne »

MemeMaster

• Trailblazer
  • memes
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 07:22:05 pm »
unpopular opinion but James an actually really helped me
like if I did the test without going to James an, I’d actually get like 3 marks on the maths but I’m not sure about other people :)
bork

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 08:05:43 pm »
Wtf that’s where I go, I’m probably in ur class lol. U were in the selective class? Cause I was lol
i went for a term and left bc i wasn’t improving and i had already “gained entry” into the VIE guarantee course

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 08:07:56 pm »
I go copperfield and they will count it as one whole school(kings park and Sydenham)
how many people are doing it from your campus? my cousin goes to kings park campus and she stated that about 5 people were writing the test from kings park. Are u from the sydenham one?

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 08:13:07 pm »
how many people are doing it from your campus? my cousin goes to kings park campus and she stated that about 5 people were writing the test from kings park. Are u from the sydenham one?
Yeah, 10 people are giving it from the Sydenham one. Were u in the morning class or the afternoon class? I went for the whole course and I was in the afternoon class lol.

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 08:30:52 pm »
Yeah, 10 people are giving it from the Sydenham one. Were u in the morning class or the afternoon class? I went for the whole course and I was in the afternoon class lol.
ahhh that’s probably why, i went to the morning one.