Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:55:07 am

Author Topic: Can I get the ATAR required for my preferred course?  (Read 572 times)

bukubukuchaguma

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Can I get the ATAR required for my preferred course?
« on: September 08, 2019, 11:52:11 pm »
Hello, got my trial results back as well as my overall ranks, I am concerned that I may not be able to get into my desired course at UNSW comp science and engineering combined (93 ATAR guarantied entry. UAC course code: 425850). Here are my OVERALL ranks and other relevant information:

English Standard: 22/165
Mathematics: 66/127
Physics: 11/57
Engineering: 3/16
Software: 6/14

School ranked between 120 and 160 in the state over the past 4 years.
3 people with 99.95 ATAR's at our school last year.

Can I still make it into that degree if I do well in HSC? Thanks.

EDIT:
UNSW gives bonus points for:
1 for a band 5 in physics
2 for a band 6 in physics

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:11:04 am by bukubukuchaguma »

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: Can I get the ATAR required for my preferred course?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 12:56:19 am »
+2
Hey bukubukuchaguma!

Welcome to the ATAR Notes forums! Computer Science and Engineering combined sounds like an awesome course. :D :D

With regards to your atar, some of your ranks are great, and it really does depend on how you have been going this year in terms of marks.

If you have been in the high 80's to mid 90's in most subjects, you may achieve it? (I'm not sure, just my thoughts) ???

Your school is ranked pretty good as well.

And because UNSW gives bonus points for Physics in that degree, then thats an even better push for your atar. ;)

As always, there are always different paths to get into your desired course, if you don't get the required atar.8)

The HSC will be over for you in a couple of months  ;D(I think....)so if you work hard and put in the time and effort, in these last months anything can be achieved. ;D

I hope this helps!

Coolmate 8)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:58:46 am by Coolmate »
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5