Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 06:28:07 pm

Author Topic: Writing an Imaginative Piece  (Read 2711 times)  Share 

Tyler_

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Writing an Imaginative Piece
« on: November 18, 2019, 12:18:57 am »
Hey everyone,
Every year, VCAA provides the option to write some sort of story or imaginative piece in the final exam. Has anyone here attempted these questions before, and if so, would you have any tips or advice to do well? Every year it seems that VCAA seem largely disinterested in responses and find them to be seemingly horrible.

Not sure whether to brave it through and write to this question in my exam on Wednesday or stick to something simpler.

Any thoughts? Drop them below
Tyler
VCE Student
2018: Biology

Carlamaker

• Adventurer
Re: Writing an Imaginative Piece
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 10:34:04 pm »
I'm planning to do it. I guess we'll see how it went in the coming replies haha. (Unless they decide to not put that option in... That would suck).

You're questioning whether to do it or not. Hopefully you haven't decided to do it on a whim, because this writing type isn't something that most Japanese SL kids have had much experience in.

- Have you done any practice writing pieces in this form?
- Have you read native Japanese pieces written in this form?

I think saying yes the two points above would make it alright for you to choose the imaginative piece. If no was your answer to both, unless you're very confident in your Japanese, maybe steer clear. It's true that every year most of the students who pick this prompt don't do too well. But if you're confident and up to the challenge, go for it.

Don't forget your Genkō yōshi rules and to shove as many grammar patterns in there as possible.

Carlamaker

• Adventurer
Re: Writing an Imaginative Piece
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 06:23:34 pm »
So did you write about a qt anime girl jumping out of the television? That prompt was pretty wack