Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 03:36:16 pm

Author Topic: Written exam for lote  (Read 4878 times)  Share 

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
Written exam for lote
« on: November 17, 2019, 10:59:17 pm »
Hey,

so the written exam for italian is in a couple of days and i feel a bit weird positing on this inactive as forum, but does anybody tricks and tips on ways to study coming the last 2 days, ive done all practice exams and ive been watching movies in italian, dont know what else to do lol?

sk2000

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
Re: Written exam for lote
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 11:50:46 pm »
+2
Hey,

so the written exam for italian is in a couple of days and i feel a bit weird positing on this inactive as forum, but does anybody tricks and tips on ways to study coming the last 2 days, ive done all practice exams and ive been watching movies in italian, dont know what else to do lol?

Examiners love it when you can show an intimate knowledge of the language. So make sure you know your congiuntivo, imperfetto, condizionale, passato prossomo and trapassato, futuro and when exactly to use them. You could use passato remoto but only if you're highly confident as its unexpected at this level. Also, you could use memorise and throw in some common italian expressions like the modi di dire that will show examiners you are familiar with the spoken language.

To study, I recommend to keep doing what you're doing - italian movies/youtube videos (WITHOUT ANY SUBTITLES) are great for your listening practice. Also however do tons of writing practice using the most complex tenses and sentence structures you can form. A great site is context.reverso.net, you can throw in some words (in english) to check if your italian expression is right as it's kind of late to get it marked by your teacher. Use prompts from previous exams or just come up with your own - I usually think of a random storyline and keep making it up as I go, like I said incorporating complex structures and tenses. Reading italian books is also a great way to pick up on grammatical structures and new words!

Good luck!
2019: English [43], Chemistry [44], Italian [44], Business Management [41], Methods [37]
ATAR: 97.65

2020: Bachelor of Science (Chemical Systems) @ UniMelb
2023: Masters of Engineering @ UniMelb