Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 06:01:51 pm

Author Topic: Joseph Goebbels Thesis Statement.  (Read 1669 times)  Share 

LoneWolf

• MOTM: March 20
  • Trendsetter
  • 2020!
  • Respect: +8
Joseph Goebbels Thesis Statement.
« on: November 06, 2019, 01:05:23 pm »
Hey People,

We have just received our first assessment task with the question;

* 'Assess the significance of your chosen person or event to German history between 1933 and 1939.'

Now, I have chosen Joseph Goebbels and have come up with these 2 theses:

The role of Goebbels was one of intrinsic worth and utmost importance to the Nazi party as he was responsible for brainwashing the civilian population with Nazi beliefs and doctrines.

The role of Goebbels was one marked by indispensability and of utmost importance to the Nazi party as he was responsible for brainwashing the civilian population with Nazi beliefs and doctrines.

Can some of those history master please voice their opinions for/against my theses and help me please?
Business Studies
Economics
Modern History
English
Maths

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Joseph Goebbels Thesis Statement.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 11:16:24 pm »
+1
Hey People,

We have just received our first assessment task with the question;

* 'Assess the significance of your chosen person or event to German history between 1933 and 1939.'

Now, I have chosen Joseph Goebbels and have come up with these 2 theses:

The role of Goebbels was one of intrinsic worth and utmost importance to the Nazi party as he was responsible for brainwashing the civilian population with Nazi beliefs and doctrines.

The role of Goebbels was one marked by indispensability and of utmost importance to the Nazi party as he was responsible for brainwashing the civilian population with Nazi beliefs and doctrines.

Can some of those history master please voice their opinions for/against my theses and help me please?
Hey there,

I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier! (Uni has been insane and my finals are coming up soon ;-;)

I just wanted to say that I like your theses - you've made it very clear that you're going to argue that Goebbels played a significant role. Just a few small things:

- Refer to Goebbels as Joseph Goebbels first and then address him by the surname to shorten it (it's just a naming convention in essays)
- I think a better word instead of "brainwashing" is "indoctrinating" - brainwashing alludes to being forceful (and while they did use death camps for those who disagreed with the Nazi regime), Goebbels' main aim in propaganda was to be subtle but also have a clear message (I think the quote was how they didn't want to just "persuade, but to work on the people until they have capitulated to us" - just do a quick fact check with this!)

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW

LoneWolf

• MOTM: March 20
  • Trendsetter
  • 2020!
  • Respect: +8
Re: Joseph Goebbels Thesis Statement.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 04:54:42 am »
Thanks very much,
Yes, i understand, thanks so much!
Business Studies