Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 06:33:14 pm

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287078 times)

Fraser-T

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #855 on: November 17, 2019, 02:23:27 pm »
+6
Hi Everyone!
1. What state & year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Victoria, Year 11. my subjects are English Language, Systems Engineering, Physics, Economics, Further Maths, Software Development 3/4
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
I don't think there are any movies I actually hate so I'm not sure what to put here
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
The Lockheed AC-130 gunship is a heavily armed, long-endurance, ground-attack variant of the C-130 Hercules transport, fixed-wing aircraft. It carries a wide array of ground attack weapons that are integrated with sophisticated sensors, navigation, and fire-control systems.
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I'm interested in technology and watching things thought to be science fiction brought to life. I'd like to be part of that process one day.
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm just an average teen. (I know thats not a paragraph but I'm not good at those)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #856 on: November 17, 2019, 05:08:57 pm »
//
Great to meet you Fraser-T! What do you do outside of school? ;D

Fraser-T

• Adventurer
« Reply #857 on: November 18, 2019, 08:56:58 am »
+2
Great to meet you Fraser-T! What do you do outside of school? ;D
play games and watch youtube pretty much, I'm pretty generic

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #858 on: November 20, 2019, 07:25:55 pm »
+7
I know I've been around for a while, but I've never actually answered these questions myself. (And, this will finally put me over the edge; I'll hit 1000 posts on the leaderboard!) ;D

1. What state & year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in Year 11 as of tomorrow. ;D (Class of 2021)

Oohh, this is a hard one. I don't watch a lot of movies, so I probably just turn things off if they don't interest me. All of the Despicable Me sequels are a waste of time. I also really, REALLY hated "A Bug's Life" as a kid. I'm not sure why, but I don't think I could ever watch it again. Oh and most movies that are super overplayed (Frozen).

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Lol, I'd be hiding. Or the first one to get infected. I don't think I could use a weapon, even if I had to.

A good person. I just want to make the world a better place; leave things a little better than I found them.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'm 100% crazy (in a good way, I hope) and throw myself into everything I do. There have certainly been ups and downs, but I'm just enjoying the ride. ;D

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Make Your 2993rd Post!
« Reply #859 on: November 26, 2019, 05:38:14 pm »
+12
J41's comment about people making their first post reminded me I haven't done one of these yet.

I'm in my 2nd year of the Bachelor of Science Advanced - Global Challenges (Honours) @ Monash, Clayton, Victoria but I don't restrict myself to just Vic on the forums :)
I'm majoring in ecology and conservation biology and minoring in mathematical statistics

I don't hate any movies but I have been disappointed in many. One example of this that comes to mind is the Scorch Trials (Maze Runner sequel)

An effective cure (assuming I'm not on the zombies' side)

I want to leave things better than I found them. When this isn't possible I want to make sure I at least don't have net negative impact.

I've loved learning for as long as I can remember but learning is only capable through ignorance, and sometimes it's hard for me to acknowledge my gaps. I'll keep trying; after all, I've got lots of practice at over-analysing & I consider myself pretty resilient. I learnt independence and determination from a young age and knew I wanted to use those to make the world a better place. It's taken years of trying to learn interdependence for me to better understand and practice it (still definitely on that journey) but everything I've learnt recently tells me that interdependence is far more the answer to the world's challenges than independence.

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #860 on: November 26, 2019, 09:25:30 pm »
+8
Haven't done this as well, might as well do it now ;D

I've from NSW, just graduated this year. I took Advanced English, 2U and 3U maths, physics, chemistry, ancient history and science extension.

Any cliche romance movie, really burns me when the cinema is not used to portray reality the way it really is.

Probably a katana. Always wanted to be a samurai.

Just want to make at least one person's life a bit better physically (diseases etc), emotionally(helping someone get through tough times etc) or intelectually (helping someone understand something). I don't really want to achieve anything big unless it proves as a tool that I can use to better help someone's life.

A lazy underachiever until year 10, where I actually began to think about the world and how nasty it can be. I was overwhelmed with trying to get good marks in year 11 and 12, losing a sense of my altruistic goals, and experiencing some really dark times, because I did not talk to anyone about what made me dreadful or anxious. However, it was a transformative year where I learned a lot about productivity, mindset etc. where the biggest lesson was that if you want to achieve, you need to work for it daily and consistently, doing it in a smart way. No shortcuts. I hope now to use these lessons and just help others right now, all the more while immersing myself in cinema and literature ;D.

Also, I am absolutely flabbergasted that laura_ reached over 1000 posts. Absolutely flabbergasted!
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

david.wang28

• MOTM: MAR 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Always do everything equanimously
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #861 on: November 26, 2019, 11:18:19 pm »
+11
Haven't done this yet, but I'll do it now.
I'm from NSW, a year 12 graduate this year. I did Advanced English accelerated, 2U maths accelerated, Business studies accelerated, 3U and 4U maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I don't hate any movies; I just don't like movies that are cliched and make me fall asleep.

A tank. I want to steamroll the zombies!

I want to build machines to benefit the society, whilst considering various factors such as efficiency, environment and durability. I want to achieve what I believe I can achieve.

Someone who was not interested in getting into university until year 10. That was the year when I really put in the effort to do the subjects I wanted to do. However, I was only allowed to do 2 non-ATAR subjects, because I didn't get the required grades for my subjects in year 10. This was due to loss of passion of studying in year 7,8 and 9, which stemmed from family pressure to get into a selective school when I was in primary school (which I vehemently opposed). I experienced sad times when I was bullied from year 7 to 10, eventually driving me out of that school into a state school where no one was interested in going to a prestigious university. However, years 11 and 12 were the years I experienced the most improvement in self-confidence and grades, and I communicated more with various people. Hence, my self-esteem has risen. I want to live this type of life right now, not the one during years 7-10.
Selection rank: 95.25

2020-2024: Bachelor of engineering and computer science @ UNSW

therese07

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #862 on: November 28, 2019, 12:41:27 am »
+5
Haven't done this, but it seems fun so here it goes ;)
I'm a recent graduate from NSW! The subjects I did was English Advanced, Mathematics Advanced, Chemistry, Investigating Science, Studies of Religion and PDHPE, 11 units altogether

This was hard to think of, but I'd have to say Adam Sandler's "Jack and Jill".  Note that I don't hate it, I just have a strong dislike towards it. I have nothing against Adam, but I just didn't find the plot or the characters interesting or comedic.

Bold of myself to assume that I'd actually stay alive for more than half a minute if there was a zombie apocalypse. But if I somehow manage to be alive, I'd definitely want my 'weapon' to make me invisible. That way, I could get out of the chaos and be somewhere much more peaceful. 

I want to be someone who inspires other people, makes an impact through advocacy. I want to inspire others to live up to their best potential, and let them know that their voices should be rewarded, not stifled.

Someone who consistently wants to beat their own records, yet simultaneously, forgets the notion of "self care". For the most part, a walking paradox; being orderly, but living in a mess, not caring what others think, but wanting to prove others wrong, wanting to be smart, but also the dumbest person to come across
2020: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Law @ Macquarie University

slimthicc45

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #863 on: December 18, 2019, 11:36:04 am »
+4
I am in NSW in year 10 going into year 11. My subjects are Eng Adv, Maths Adv & Ext 1, Bio, Chem and Music 2 (my other subject is photography but it is a non-ATAR subject)

I don't exactly hate it, but I'm going to have to say Home Alone mainly just because I've seen too many times and it's kind of overrated

I feel like having a sword would be cool even though you would have to actually go near the zombies. Also having an endless supply of throwing knifes would be cool.

I want to be someone who helps people. Because that i would like to achieve a high ATAR in order to do a degree in medicine to be become a doctor.

Erutepa

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • evenin'
  • Respect: +775
« Reply #864 on: December 18, 2019, 01:46:30 pm »
+5
I am in NSW in year 10 going into year 11. My subjects are Eng Adv, Maths Adv & Ext 1, Bio, Chem and Music 2 (my other subject is photography but it is a non-ATAR subject)

I don't exactly hate it, but I'm going to have to say Home Alone mainly just because I've seen too many times and it's kind of overrated

I feel like having a sword would be cool even though you would have to actually go near the zombies. Also having an endless supply of throwing knifes would be cool.

I want to be someone who helps people. Because that i would like to achieve a high ATAR in order to do a degree in medicine to be become a doctor.
Welcome to the forums slimthicc45!
That is an interesting mixture of math/science and art. Of these subjects, do you have a clear favorite at the moment? Is photography something you've just picked up recently, or is it a long-time hobby of your's?

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!
Qualifications
 > Have counted to 227
 > Can draw really good spiders
 > 2 Poet points
 > 6.5 insanipi points
 > 1 Bri MT point

JimDADDY2009

• Fresh Poster
  • ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
« Reply #865 on: January 03, 2020, 11:56:21 am »
+4
Victoria and am in year 9

Sausage Party, not enough that funny and overrated

maybe a mystical sword that kills anything it touches

a good person that people like and look up to

I'm a hyped-up year 9 student who's fairly athletic and interested in also performing well at school. I don't know what else to say cause I haven't done much in my life yet.
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

GLOCK BOP DROP

(╯°□°)╯︵( .o.)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #866 on: January 03, 2020, 11:58:00 am »
+1
Victoria and am in year 9
Welcome to the forum! ^-^

Which subjects are you taking in your year? :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

JimDADDY2009

• Fresh Poster
  • ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿
« Reply #867 on: January 03, 2020, 12:10:39 pm »
+2
Welcome to the forum! ^-^

Which subjects are you taking in your year? :)

next year I am in retreat for term 1. which means I get to do no work and just chill on the school farm.
For the rest of the year, I am in the advanced maths class. I am also doing English. 
My electives are a major in Heath n Physical Education as well as engineering.
Minors in game design and development as well as PE

what subjects are you doing
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

GLOCK BOP DROP

(╯°□°)╯︵( .o.)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #868 on: January 03, 2020, 12:23:15 pm »
+1
next year I am in retreat for term 1. which means I get to do no work and just chill on the school farm.
For the rest of the year, I am in the advanced maths class. I am also doing English. 
My electives are a major in Heath n Physical Education as well as engineering.
Minors in game design and development as well as PE

what subjects are you doing
A retreat on the school farm sounds amazing! :O
I'm also highly jealous that game development is a subject at your school! :O

Me? I'm just about to start my 4th year of uni haha (working with genes and stuff) :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #869 on: January 04, 2020, 08:12:25 am »
+2
I'm a hyped-up year 9 student who's fairly athletic and interested in also performing well at school. I don't know what else to say cause I haven't done much in my life yet.
Great to meet you JimDADDY2009! Do you play or watch many sports? ;D