Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:55 pm

Author Topic: Postgrad  (Read 499 times)  Share 

Xiao8

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Postgrad
« on: March 27, 2020, 12:46:12 pm »
I'm currently doing my second year of biomed at MU and was thinking of applying next year for 2022 med. I was wondering though, if I don't make it into med will I still have time to apply for a different 2022 postgrad course? Or is it possible to apply for both at once, even at the same uni?
How late/early do postgrad applications generally open?

Thanks for the help!

sweetcheeks

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +83
  • School: ---
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Re: Postgrad
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 05:19:05 pm »
+2
Hi

You can apply for medicine as well as other post-graduate courses at the same time. Doing so won't impact the outcome of the offers (many people will receive multiple course offers). Applications usually open around late September/ early October and may close around December (some courses, which may be less popular, may be open until just before the start date of the course). Most courses (unless those that are highly competitive) will also give you a substantial amount of time to think about the offer before you need to accept it. This information can usually be found in the subject/course guides, so I highly recommend looking at them if you want to know when applications open and close.

Next year (and maybe even in semester 2 this year), subject coordinators will make announcements of upcoming postgraduate information sessions, where course-specific information will be explained and you can ask questions.