Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:58:23 am

Author Topic: YEAR 12'S 2020  (Read 567 times)  Share 

lmaoissajoke

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
YEAR 12'S 2020
« on: December 12, 2019, 02:32:40 pm »
hey guys I was wondering if its a good idea to finish all my 3/4 content over the holidays just to make sure i have the time to nail down the content or do you think it is useless.

Acynatic

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: YEAR 12'S 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 02:42:03 pm »
+4
Look I wouldn't worry about Unit 4 but let me tell you, if you go over the unit 3 content (even just reading the textbook, watching Edrolo, etc.) over these holidays you will be MASSIVELY advantaged. You can basically use class as revision and you'll hugely cut down on homework (cause you can do it in class). That's what I did over the holidays and it paid off that term.

Even if all of unit 3 seems too much just go over the first chapter of all of your textbooks, cover the first area of study, whatever. It'll get you ahead of everyone else.
2018: Methods (47), Accounting (46)
2019: English (44), Physics (47), Spec (49), Software Development (50)
ATAR: 99.90

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
Re: YEAR 12'S 2020
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 12:18:45 pm »
+2
hey guys I was wondering if its a good idea to finish all my 3/4 content over the holidays just to make sure i have the time to nail down the content or do you think it is useless.

I agree with Acynatic, dont worry about U4 focus on U3... I also was considering finishing all the content in the summer holidays but ultimately, you'd be better off doing U4 in the next term or two holidays if anything. best case scenario is you might, maybe, possibly remember a little U4 stuff when you get to it but you wont really have an advantage. What I personally plan on doing is:
Summer Holidays - Unit 3 Content: Make notes, flashcards, watch Edrolo, start studying for first term SACs (particularly english)
Easter Holidays - Unit 4 Content: Make notes flashcards, watch Edrolo, continue study for SACs
June/July Holidays - Revise U4, Start praccy exams, continue study for SACs
October Holidays - Practice exams, revise everything regularly, REST
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP