Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:33:17 am

Author Topic: Transferring into UOM  (Read 939 times)  Share 

Kindergarten

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: High
  • School Grad Year: 2016
Transferring into UOM
« on: May 13, 2017, 02:12:29 pm »
Hello,

I am wanting to transfer into a Bachelor of Art because I am currently studying IT and not Enjoying it.

I was wondering when assesing mid year enrolements how heavily does the university weight my first semester of university results and if I can still use my SEAS application when applying?

2015: Software Development | Business Management
2016: English language | Informatics | Global Politics| Economics | Legal

tashhhaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +152
Re: Transferring into UOM
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 02:44:49 pm »
Hello,

I am wanting to transfer into a Bachelor of Art because I am currently studying IT and not Enjoying it.

I was wondering when assesing mid year enrolements how heavily does the university weight my first semester of university results and if I can still use my SEAS application when applying?

since it's your first year they will still consider your ATAR so if you achieved the indicative midyear ATAR it would help. If not there is still hope -- the indicative GPA for mid-year entry to Arts this year is 6.0. That doesn't mean you need exactly 6.0 -- it could be more or less depending on demand and the results of other applicants so just try to do well.

I pulled this from the link below:

Quote from: University of Melbourne
In assessing your application, we consider the following (as relevant):

- Your year 12 ATAR (or equivalent)
- Your Weighted Grade Point Average for any tertiary studies
- Satisfactory completion of any prerequisite subjects (either in Year 12 or in subsequent tertiary study)
- Information provided in eligible Access Melbourne applications (including if Year 12 was completed in 2016 and no further study has been undertaken, possible eligibility for the Access Melbourne selection guarantee)
- Some information provided in the VTAC personal statement
- If you’ve achieved the GPA average, regardless of your ATAR, we encourage you to apply

Have a read of this:

https://futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/admissions/applications/other-applications/mid-year-entry/mid-year_entry_ug-dom

scroll to indicative entry standards: midyear 2017. The whole page is very helpful so read it if you can

If you're set on a BA apply at lots of universities. It doesn't matter if you go to UoM, RMIT, Monash etc it's all the same degree

& you can use SEAS just make sure your documents are up to date
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:55:02 pm by tashhhaaa »