Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 06:58:58 pm

Author Topic: Setting up a timetable  (Read 561 times)  Share 

galaxy21

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +23
Setting up a timetable
« on: January 24, 2020, 05:41:31 pm »
Hi,
So I am doing the bachelor of science this year and I'm just trying to work out my timetable.
I was wondering what most people do when planning out their subject allocation, is it best to have heaps of one subject on one day (i.e. multiple lectures/workshops/tutorials for that same subject) or a better idea to space these out throughout the week?
2018 - Biology, Further
2019 - English, Chemistry, Methods, Health and Human Development
2020 - Bachelor of Science (Melbourne Uni)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Setting up a timetable
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 06:14:49 pm »
+3
I think this thread might be helpful. It contains a bunch of tips from AngelWings and myself on making a timetable.

Basically timetabling is really up to the individual - there is no "one" ultimate timetable or the optimal timetable.

Happy to answer any other questions if you have them

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Setting up a timetable
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 06:19:25 pm »
+3
It really just depends on the uni/the course as to how its best to set it up. eg. for my courses, my chem reports were due two business days after chem lab so having them on thursday/friday was best as it gave me extra days on the weekend whereas for bio my report would be due a week and a day after the lab - and we'd have a tutorial the same day of the lab in the following week where we'd get feedback on the report so you'd want to make sure you had time during the day after the tutorial to make any edits etc.

At my uni (unsure if it differs between unis), the content you'd learn during lectures would be followed up during the following weeks tutorials/labs not the same week so that everyone had time to learn it all regardless of what day of the week their tutes/labs are.

If you have some sort of course guide, reading that might give you an idea of what sort of things will happen in each type of class and therefore give you an idea of whether you should spread them out or have them on the same day but a fair bit of it comes down to trial and error.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 08:35:17 pm by PhoenixxFire »
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra