Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 07:53:40 pm

Author Topic: 7 subjects question  (Read 1106 times)  Share 

Monkeymafia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
7 subjects question
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:42:45 am »
Hey guys,

Happy new year!

I am doing 7 subjects throughout VCE, and I was wondering if the university I'm applying for will still see my 7th subject? I'm doing 7 subjects so my lowest study score no matter what subject will just be out of my final atar but my only concern is that a particular uni might not think I'm doing certain subjects (lets say chemistry).

Thanks!

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +86
Re: 7 subjects question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 08:07:23 am »
I believe it will still appear on your VCE results transcript sent to you and possibly the 'view VCE results' page of the website on results day. If it appears on your transcript, universities will likely see it as it contains all your results for unit 1 to 4 subjects. Supported by the fact that some courses only ask for unit 1/2 or equivalent maths of some kind, and you won't have a study score for that if you didn't follow through with unit 3/4, so I would only assume they have full access to all your VCE results including unit 1/2 satisfactory completions and things like a 7th subject's study score.

I had dropped VCD after unit 3 and it still appeared on my transcript and online (only on the 'view VCE results' page). Though it was only my 6th subject, I think it should be the same for a 7th.

You'd probably get a more definite answer from someone who's actually done 7 subjects and had to use the excluded one as a prerequisite, but hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:09:26 am by www »
2017~2020 (Monash) | BA, BA(Hons)Psy
2021~ | job! - AN hiatus, it's been fun here (:

strawberry7898

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +5
Re: 7 subjects question
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:59:53 am »
You should probably contact VTAC just to be 100% sure, I did 7 subjects and I'm pretty sure VTAC passes on information of all study scores to universities not just ATAR for when they do their prerequisite checks and my 7th study score appeared on all my statements of result, however my 7th subject was not a prerequisite to any course that I applied for so I can't give you a definite answer!