Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:20:04 am

Author Topic: Almost perfect sac average to study score  (Read 3479 times)  Share 

VoydVoyd

• Adventurer
  • Worrying about everything
  • Respect: 0
Almost perfect sac average to study score
« on: March 01, 2018, 01:41:09 pm »
Hi,
I'm doing 3/4 bizman this year - and got one singular mark off of 100% on my first SAC. In 1/2 this was what i got for EVERY SAC and exam. I'm cut that i can't get a raw 50 now, but i wanted to know what the drop is from 100% to, say, 98% average, since people generally achieve quite highly in BizMan. What study score should I expect to get if i keep this pattern up?

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Almost perfect sac average to study score
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:01:28 pm »
+3
Hi,
I'm doing 3/4 bizman this year - and got one singular mark off of 100% on my first SAC. In 1/2 this was what i got for EVERY SAC and exam. I'm cut that i can't get a raw 50 now, but i wanted to know what the drop is from 100% to, say, 98% average, since people generally achieve quite highly in BizMan. What study score should I expect to get if i keep this pattern up?

Hey VoydVoyd. Welcome to ATAR Notes!

Congratulations on your fantastic BusMan scores. :)

The first thing I'll say is this: you can still get a 50. The thing with SAC marks is that VCAA doesn't actually care what your raw marks are; VCAA cares more about how you're ranked in context of your cohort (so, the other people in your year doing that same subject). The reason for this is that different schools have different SACs, so it would be unfair to treat a really easy SAC from School A the same as a really hard SAC from School B. Honestly, it's not worth concerning yourself too much about the technical side of VCE, because it'll take care of itself if you just focus on getting the best scores you can. If you're interested, you can read more about rankings and the like here, but the real reason I'm saying this is to emphasise that you don't need perfect SAC scores to get a 50.

Through my line of work, I know many people who received perfect 50 study scores and 99+ ATARs, and few of them ever scored 100% in a SAC. I got a 50 in HHD, and certainly didn't average 100% for SACs.

I know it might be hard, but honestly my advice is to just keep pushing and do what's obviously working pretty well for you thus far! :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:06:13 pm »
+1
Hi,
sac averages mean nothing when it comes to study score it is your rank + exam score which is important.

For example a couple of year's ago a girl in my school 100%ed basically every single sac in H&HD in units 3-4 but got a 45 raw whilst others can average in the 80's but get rank 1 + get a high A+ on the exam to get a 50. I really wouldn't be too worried about dropping a few marks here and there (as long as you maintain a high rank) if anything it will help you to undertand the type of mistakes you make under pressure.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 02:08:53 pm »
+1
sac averages mean nothing when it comes to study score it is your rank + exam score which is important.

For example a couple of year's ago a girl in my school 100%ed basically every single sac in H&HD in units 3-4 but got a 45 raw whilst others can average in the 80's but get rank 1 + get a high A+ on the exam to get a 50. I really wouldn't be too worried about dropping a few marks here and there (as long as you maintain a high rank) if anything it will help you to undertand the type of mistakes you make under pressure.

Yep, agree with this.

I was sitting on 100% going into the VCD exam and ended up with 44 raw. It was my worst subject in the end.

My SAC marks for HHD, on the other hand, were definitely not at 100%, and I finished with a 50 raw.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.