Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 03:47:02 pm

Author Topic: 2017 CSSA Modern History Trial paper discussion  (Read 8356 times)  Share 

~BK~

• Trendsetter
  • "Bibia be ye ye"- all will be well!
  • Respect: +24
Re: 2017 CSSA Modern History Trial paper discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 02:04:52 pm »
+1
i know i am a bit late... haha, but oh well!!  :D
personally, i found the exam WAY better than what i was expecting.... ;D ;D
i literally went in there thinking that i would get totally stumped due to my lack of study and my TERRIBLE maths exam just an hour before....  >:( >:( :o
buuuut, although the q's were a little narrow and i struggled to write more than 4 pages on each, it was def better than what i thought!!
SOOO GLAD ITS OVER>> 1 more to go!! ;D ;D :D

~BK~
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 02:07:32 pm »
+2
i know i am a bit late... haha, but oh well!!  :D
personally, i found the exam WAY better than what i was expecting.... ;D ;D
i literally went in there thinking that i would get totally stumped due to my lack of study and my TERRIBLE maths exam just an hour before....  >:( >:( :o
buuuut, although the q's were a little narrow and i struggled to write more than 4 pages on each, it was def better than what i thought!!
SOOO GLAD ITS OVER>> 1 more to go!! ;D ;D :D

~BK~
YAY! Great job ~BK~! So glad you think the exam went well :D Sorry about maths not going as well as you hoped, though I'm sure you've done better than you expect ;) Congratulations! What and when is your last exam?
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

~BK~

• Trendsetter
  • "Bibia be ye ye"- all will be well!
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 12:03:36 pm »
+2
YAY! Great job ~BK~! So glad you think the exam went well :D Sorry about maths not going as well as you hoped, though I'm sure you've done better than you expect ;) Congratulations! What and when is your last exam?
Thanks so much for the encouragement  ;) ;D
my last exam is business studies on tuesday... probably the one i am least worried about as well.... ;) :D
is there a forum on that in atarnotes??!  :D
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2017, 02:22:40 pm »
Thanks so much for the encouragement  ;) ;D
my last exam is business studies on tuesday... probably the one i am least worried about as well.... ;) :D
is there a forum on that in atarnotes??!  :D
No worries! So glad I could help :) A fantastic! More than enough time to prepare then :) There is a forum for business!! Click forum, then HSC, then humanities stuff, and you can find it there!!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 03:41:44 pm »
+1
has anyone gotten their trial for modern back? it's quite quick, but i got mine back today, and wanted to know if anyone else did (i had to hand back the paper because of the security period though). if so, how'd you go?

posting in this thread because i don't think it fits in the modern question thread... or maybe it does, but this is a trial discussion soooo
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 04:13:54 pm »
has anyone gotten their trial for modern back? it's quite quick, but i got mine back today, and wanted to know if anyone else did (i had to hand back the paper because of the security period though). if so, how'd you go?

posting in this thread because i don't think it fits in the modern question thread... or maybe it does, but this is a trial discussion soooo
Wow your history department is on the ball, that's so good! You happy with how you went?

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 04:26:59 pm »
Wow your history department is on the ball, that's so good! You happy with how you went?

it's the one teacher who teaches both modern and ancient, and he tends to mark really fast, so it's good, but bad, because i hate getting marks back. i'm pretty happy with how i went, except for the personality study, which was my worst section. i don't know how to improve it, so do you have any tips? (i consistently get 7/10 for part a and i have no idea why because it asks to describe or outline and i feel like i do that but i always get get 7???)
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies

rodero

• Forum Obsessive
  • Professional quote and statistic generator
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 07:32:42 am »
+2

it's the one teacher who teaches both modern and ancient, and he tends to mark really fast, so it's good, but bad, because i hate getting marks back. i'm pretty happy with how i went, except for the personality study, which was my worst section. i don't know how to improve it, so do you have any tips? (i consistently get 7/10 for part a and i have no idea why because it asks to describe or outline and i feel like i do that but i always get get 7???)

The main distinguisher for that section is detail. So basically knowing your dates, key terminology and specific events. Although a describe question is lower order, the amount of marks given requires a bit more depth.

Also, are you sure the three events you chose were from the rise to prominence? Some people from my school didn't really know the syllabus, so used their three events from the wrong part of our personalities life. If you didn't do that, then I feel it may just be detail that is lacking. Feel free to post it up so Susie and I can give feedback :)
HSC 2017:
English (Advanced): 91    Legal Studies: 92    Modern History: 91    Studies of Religion 2: 90    Business Studies: 92

ATAR: 96.75

Need tutoring? Click here!

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 11:36:38 am »
The main distinguisher for that section is detail. So basically knowing your dates, key terminology and specific events. Although a describe question is lower order, the amount of marks given requires a bit more depth.

Also, are you sure the three events you chose were from the rise to prominence? Some people from my school didn't really know the syllabus, so used their three events from the wrong part of our personalities life. If you didn't do that, then I feel it may just be detail that is lacking. Feel free to post it up so Susie and I can give feedback :)

ahh right that makes sense! i always forget a lot of detail i've written in my notes but that's an issue that can be fixed :-) i memorised the syllabus for everything except ww1 (sad, i know, the syllabus is important there) so i put down the correct events for rise to prominence, but probably added some unnecessary stuff from background because i felt my response wasn't long enough 😅

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 12:00:52 pm »
+1
ahh right that makes sense! i always forget a lot of detail i've written in my notes but that's an issue that can be fixed :-) i memorised the syllabus for everything except ww1 (sad, i know, the syllabus is important there) so i put down the correct events for rise to prominence, but probably added some unnecessary stuff from background because i felt my response wasn't long enough 😅
In a Part A response, it most likely is the detail that you are getting stuck on in terms of marks. I recommend checking out this thread, which outlines a fantastic way to memorise detail!