Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 12:36:03 am

Author Topic: Received semester 1 exams back, need help for how to improve revision  (Read 785 times)  Share 

dashnog

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
So, I got my semester 1 exams back, most of them were satisfactory (all five were between 83% to 90%), however, my math one was the worst. I wouldn't attribute it to not having adequate information or resources, but, I do feel as though my revision document attached below may have not been the best way to study for the exam.

I would love some suggestions to prepare for next semester for how to set up and plan any note-taking and eventual exam revision, and what the best way to do it is. (Or at the very least, improve from an A to an A+)

So what are your mark-winning methods of revision and note taking?
Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Scholar's Program) at Monash (2021-2023)

ATAR: 94.XX
2019: VCE Biology & VCE Psychology
2020: VCE Extended Investigation, Chemistry, Music Performance, Methods, Literature

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
In my experience, perfect note taking has been no help.  I used to spend hours trying to make the ‘perfect’ notes. However, I’ve come to the realisation that the best way to prepare is to just do as many questions that I can get my hands on. In maths, the difficult part is not knowing what to use, it’s how to use it. I’d encourage you to do as many textbook questions and past SAC questions as you can and not fret too much on note taking.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash