Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:04:44 am

Author Topic: Stuffed up first further maths sac can I still get a good study score?  (Read 2774 times)  Share 

RicerNoSpicer

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hey guys, so we had our first further math sac and i scored 9/20 because I didn't do any work and forgot my cas calc >:(. However for my second sac I got 19/20 for part 1 and 18/20 for part 2 because I studied and remembered to bring my cas ;D. Hypothetically if I were to perform well and get 90s and 95s for the remainder of the 2 sacs and get an A or A+ in the exam what score would I be able to get? Would I still be able to get a 40? Also my school is ranked in the top 10 schools for further in VIC so when it comes to the exam most of the kids in my school do well which helps somewhat in increasing/boosting our individual scores.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Hey guys, so we had our first further math sac and i scored 9/20 because I didn't do any work and forgot my cas calc >:(. However for my second sac I got 19/20 for part 1 and 18/20 for part 2 because I studied and remembered to bring my cas ;D. Hypothetically if I were to perform well and get 90s and 95s for the remainder of the 2 sacs and get an A or A+ in the exam what score would I be able to get? Would I still be able to get a 40? Also my school is ranked in the top 10 schools for further in VIC so when it comes to the exam most of the kids in my school do well which helps somewhat in increasing/boosting our individual scores.
all depends on what your final ranking is + cohort performance on teh exam + state performance on the exam and many more factors but of course to answer your question directly yes it is technically still possible to get a 40 or even 50 There is a ton of literature on this where you should be able to find in the victorian technical discussion portion of the forum.

Have a read of this
{SAC RANKINGS} -All you need to know about it-

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
I reckon there should be a big button on the main atarnotes page saying ‘You can still get a great study score despite screwing up your first SAC —> Here’s why’ with a link to Orb’s sac ranking post. It would save a lot of people time and ensure the person asking gets all the information they need.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
+2
I reckon there should be a big button on the main atarnotes page saying ‘You can still get a great study score despite screwing up your first SAC —> Here’s why’ with a link to Orb’s sac ranking post. It would save a lot of people time and ensure the person asking gets all the information they need.
yes would help a lot but then again I don't know how I feel about just hand feeding everyone everything. At some point everyone has to think for themselves and look into stuff on there own.

Also it's pretty clear when the post is just the user wanting someone else to tell them it is possible for X study score even if they know already that it is possible or just a humble brag LOL.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:23:17 pm by Sine »

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
+1
yes would help a lot but then again I don't know how I feel about just hand feeding everyone everything. At some point everyone has to think for themselves and look into stuff on there own.

Also it's pretty clear when the post is just the user wanting someone else to tell them it is possible for X study score even if they know already that it is possible or just a humble brag LOL.

I agree. However, at times it's new users (like this person) asking these type of questions and they might not necessarily know how to find such guides. I know I wasn't aware of many of these threads until a few months into using Atarnotes.
The humble brag thing is so true. 'I only got 98% on my methods sac can I still get 45? :(((('
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash