Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:59:49 pm

Author Topic: Respect Points  (Read 1503 times)  Share 

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Respect Points
« on: December 31, 2017, 12:08:24 pm »
+2
Hey everyone,

I’m not sure if this is the right place to be posting, so please relocate if it is wrong.

From memory, this has been a problem in the past, but more recently I’ve noticed that respect points have been disappearing. For example, when I add a respect point and come back 5 minutes later, it has vanished  :-\
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
Re: Respect Points
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 02:18:48 pm »
+6
This is a good place for your post :) Thanks for considering this, makes our job much easier :)

In regards to your issue: When you click on a respect arrow (up/down), there is an update in the database that occurs. Do you close/leave the page immediately after clicking the upvote, rather than waiting for the counter to increase? If the counter does not increase when you click the upvote symbol, you can assume that this has not been stored.

Sometimes depending on the server load, this takes 1 second (or potentially quite a few seconds). I've had this happen to me a few times.

This is the only explanation I can think of. I know we've had a few glitches with respect overall so apart from above, I can't really say much more.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Re: Respect Points
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 02:39:29 pm »
+1
This is a good place for your post :) Thanks for considering this, makes our job much easier :)

In regards to your issue: When you click on a respect arrow (up/down), there is an update in the database that occurs. Do you close/leave the page immediately after clicking the upvote, rather than waiting for the counter to increase? If the counter does not increase when you click the upvote symbol, you can assume that this has not been stored.

Sometimes depending on the server load, this takes 1 second (or potentially quite a few seconds). I've had this happen to me a few times.

This is the only explanation I can think of. I know we've had a few glitches with respect overall so apart from above, I can't really say much more.

Thanks very much for the response, Aaron!

Yes, I think I must be leaving the page too quickly, meaning that the respect point doesn’t have enough time to register. I’ll see how it improves from now onwards :)
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale