Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:08:46 am

Author Topic: Best minors/majors in the BA for Law  (Read 591 times)  Share 

stephh1

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Best minors/majors in the BA for Law
« on: January 19, 2019, 10:46:08 am »
Hey guys!

So I will be completing a Bachelor of Arts for 3 years to then apply for the JD, and was just wondering what minors do you all recommend I complete under the Arts component. I will be doing 1 major and 2 minors.

I was wondering to major in crime, justice and legal studies. However, I am having some trouble choosing between the minors of, politics & international relations, english, history and psychology.

Would love to hear what you all recommend :)

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Best minors/majors in the BA for Law
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:50:27 pm »
Hey guys!

So I will be completing a Bachelor of Arts for 3 years to then apply for the JD, and was just wondering what minors do you all recommend I complete under the Arts component. I will be doing 1 major and 2 minors.

I was wondering to major in crime, justice and legal studies. However, I am having some trouble choosing between the minors of, politics & international relations, english, history and psychology.

Would love to hear what you all recommend :)
Which university are you doing the BA at? I think you mentioned you wanted Monash BA before (and wanted to do the JD at Melbourne), but I don't know if you received that or not, so might be a bit hard to discuss units if we have no idea which uni you're doing things at.

My advice, without knowing which uni you're doing the BA at, is that you should do what you think is most enjoyable. You can try reading some of the handbook entries for the minors and seeing which one appeals to you best. You can also check out our University Subject Reviews threads (Monash and Melbourne mostly) to see what other people's opinions are of different units within those minors.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread