Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 06:41:43 am

Author Topic: ~ For those who bought my practice exam ~  (Read 1522 times)  Share 

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +65
~ For those who bought my practice exam ~
« on: June 11, 2011, 12:43:10 pm »
To all the students who purchased my exam I've sent through MC answers.

SA/ER suggested marking schemes will be released later tonight or tomorrow morning as stated in my email.

Please PM me if you haven't received an email, because I sent it to everybody but sometimes emails get lost in cyberspace! :P

Cheers everyone.
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni 

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
Re: ~ For those who bought my practice exam ~
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:47:51 am »
P.s. For those of you who haven't completed the practice exam yet. Make sure you do it tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest. Any later will not leave you with enough time to properly absorb all the new information you've learnt from it. Short answer suggested responses will be in everyone's inbox at 3ish today. Sorry about the delay, they're a real pain to write!! :P

matt123

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Strive.
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 11:12:20 pm »
how did it go bro?
is ur tutoring going well?
2009 : Physical Education
2010  ATAR : 91.45 , Bio , Chem , Methods , Psychology , English
Completed VCE at the age of 16.
2011 : Bachelor of pharmacy
2012 : Hopefully med? " crosses fingers"

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 01:25:21 am »
how did it go bro?
Really well man :) All my students have been learning heaps from it which is great. My tricks in the exam worked WOO! haha.

And yeah tutoring is also going really good. Got 8 regular students, which is more then I anticipated so it's bloody awesome. Doesn't even feel like I'm working when I'm helping them! They're all a great bunch of people in general too.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of the exam btw :)

matt123

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Strive.
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 12:11:53 pm »
how did it go bro?
Really well man :) All my students have been learning heaps from it which is great. My tricks in the exam worked WOO! haha.

And yeah tutoring is also going really good. Got 8 regular students, which is more then I anticipated so it's bloody awesome. Doesn't even feel like I'm working when I'm helping them! They're all a great bunch of people in general too.

Let me know if you'd like a copy of the exam btw :)

thats awesome man ! ... id love a copy of your exam .. but maybe on Wednesday or Thursday if thats ok ? i still got another uni exam myself bro .. :(
2009 : Physical Education
2010  ATAR : 91.45 , Bio , Chem , Methods , Psychology , English
Completed VCE at the age of 16.
2011 : Bachelor of pharmacy
2012 : Hopefully med? " crosses fingers"

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 06:53:27 pm »
I sent out the final suggested solutions for SA and ER just before.. If you cannot open the file PLEASE CONTACT ME because I can send it in PDF form if there's any issues.

Please note you can email me if you're really stuck on a question. But please don't email me regarding answers to questions that can easily be accessed by reading the relevant pages of the textbook. I don't have time/it's not worth me replying to those emails. But if there's a question you don't understand even after you've been through the relevant sections of the grivas book + my suggested solutions then please contact me because I'll be more then happy to help you.

And lastly, all the best for the exam :) Fingers crossed a few questions from my exam crop up on your real one, although either way I know everyone who has completed the exam will have definitely deepened their understanding of the course and spotted their weaknesses..

REBORN

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +74
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 06:57:43 pm »
although either way I know everyone who has completed the exam will have definitely deepened their understanding of the course and spotted their weaknesses..
:-[ :-[
Doctor of Medicine

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 01:09:38 pm »
I was really glad to see quite a few similarities between my exam and the real one.

For everyone who did my exam, you should have gotten the definition of interference correct and not fall into the trap of writing "interferes" :P

Also a case study about working memory would have been a piece of cake after doing my similar question on it, you guys would have easily known the key features of change blindness as outlined in the suggested solutions I sent you, knowing amyloid goes up and acetylcholine goes down for Alzheimer's should have been something you mentioned and you would have been reminded of that with question 34 from my MC, also the CT question regarding frontal lobe damage - almost identical to my question about rohan!! Also what type of memories hippocampus is involved with, internal consistency and how age affects recall vs recognition. Just to name a few that students were telling me about!

Not sure if there'll be a unit 4 one, chances are probably not because it takes a shit load of time. But I'll keep you all posted.

But I just wanted to say a big thank you to all those who purchased my exam and supported this mini project :) It was really appreciated. Hope it helped you smash the exam! Remember that all the research methods sections are still HIGHLY relevant to you, so make sure you still know how to answer all the research methods areas of my unit 3 exam for unit 4 okay!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:46:05 pm by Slumdawg »