Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:13:06 am

Author Topic: Monash Scholarships  (Read 1143 times)  Share 

jinaede1342

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +34
Monash Scholarships
« on: December 12, 2019, 08:01:01 pm »
+4
Firstly, I'd like to preface this with a huge thanks to this entire ATARNOTES community for being so supportive and helpful with queries  ;D. I'm in a bit of a tricky situation with scholarships. I wasn't expecting a 98+ but ended up with a 98.40, and I'm also eligible for the Monash guarantee (which I didn't anticipate either). I was searching for Monash scholarships online and saw that I have missed out on a potential $4,000 scholarship at Monash whose only criteria was Monash Guarantee and a 90+ ATAR. Applications were due in October but I haven't applied to any scholarships anywhere thinking that I would have no chance. Today I was contacted by Deakin and offered an $8,000 scholarship and was wondering if there's any chance that Monash will offer any kind of scholarship. Other scholarships like the Monash Excellence ones are offered to the highest 40 students with ATAR scores, so im definitely not going to be eligible for any of those. Is there anything I can do in terms of applications at this point in time?
VCE: | English [48] | Global Politics [44] | Biology [40] | Chemistry [36] | French [34] | Methods [32]
ATAR: 98.40
2020: Bachelor of Laws (honours)/ Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash

Selling Global Politics responses + English/Global feedback and essay correction: https://atarnotes.com/forum/index.php?topic=189680.0

Global Politics Tuition via Zoom - PM for details

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Monash Scholarships
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 08:10:05 pm »
+7
Congrats on your ATAR! VTAC applications for scholarships are now closed (as per the scholarship website) so there is not much I think you can do about that. However, there are a bunch of scholarships that everyone is automatically considered for which are possibilities to get. Even if you don't get a scholarship this semester there will be many opportunities to get scholarships throughout your degree. So you can apply for scholarships every semester but I think most of the major scholarships are awarded yearly.