Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 04:02:24 pm

Author Topic: Life of a Chronically Stressed HSC Student  (Read 39119 times)

alice343

• MOTM: MAY 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +125
Re: Life of a Chronically Stressed HSC Student
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2020, 06:46:32 pm »
+8
everything update

I've been a bit MIA. I just had my English Trials today!! It was pretty good, I don't think I did the best I could have since I didn't prepare enough beforehand (I was memorising quotes last night). I guess it went well for the amount of prep that I did.

MY PIP!!! I finally did the primary research. I kinda have like half the content analysis done, I know it's due on Monday but that's basically the last thing I have left to do, do some editing over the weekend and then give it in. I'm relieved that I've gotten all the annotations and footnoting and nit picky stuff done (I procrastinated by doing that).

My History Ext teacher extended the due date for the History Project HAHA!!! I was feeling overwhelmed since it was supposed to be due on Tuesday, the PIP draft due on Wednesday, and Trials starting Thursday (Today), so super super super thankful that he extended it. I've written like half of the essay, I'm not really in the right headspace to work on it esp bc of Trials, so I'll work on it maybe next week.

My next exam is Modern on Monday! I went through the Power and Authority syllabus today with my class, and we're pretty solid with the content. The tricky part is detail - there's so many little stats and info etc that is what differentiates you amongst the top marks. How the heck am I going to memorise all of these before Monday!!!

I woke up with a massive headache, and it's only gotten worse during the day. I feel super tired and just drained, even though it's only the first day of Trials. I might just do some light studying tonight.

Thanks for reading! :)
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension

Fluffysama_

• MOTM: June 20
  • Forum Regular
  • happy n free child~
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2020, 08:32:47 pm »
+1
awhnnn
alice babyyy, hey at least English is over!! we so deserve a break after all this! Don't strain yourself too much bro! ps: can't wait to see you and goodluck for your other upcomign tests!!!
See my new post (its been 30 days for me I SAW THE ReD " ITS BEEN 30DAYS" and I almost shat myself cos I was like damnnnn son ansdjsadjsahd but I finally did our " twin" photos fhwiuhdwei :))) also!!! You always motivate me so much!!! love you bubs and I GOT MOTM!!! :-0))) I literally am elevated atm
Class of 2020: Advanced English, Japanese Beginners, Economics, Music 1, Visual Arts

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2020, 08:15:23 pm »
awhnnn
alice babyyy, hey at least English is over!! we so deserve a break after all this! Don't strain yourself too much bro! ps: can't wait to see you and goodluck for your other upcomign tests!!!
See my new post (its been 30 days for me I SAW THE ReD " ITS BEEN 30DAYS" and I almost shat myself cos I was like damnnnn son ansdjsadjsahd but I finally did our " twin" photos fhwiuhdwei :))) also!!! You always motivate me so much!!! love you bubs and I GOT MOTM!!! :-0))) I literally am elevated atm

omg CONGRATS!!! thank you for all the support MWAH
2020 HSC: English Advanced, Modern History, Legal Studies, Japanese Beginners, Society and Culture, History Extension

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2020, 08:22:25 pm »
+4
trials + pip update !!!

hey folks, guess who submitted their PIP in today :) It is honestly the biggest relief to get it off my shoulders. It shouldn't have been this hard if I had just worked on it throughout the whole 9 months lol... but I'm still proud of what I achieved in the little time I was left with after procrastinating. My title pages for each section are a bit fcked, but my main title page is really holding me up lmfao. The markers better eat the page UP. My PIP ended up being 104 pages, but the actual PIP contents was only 50 ish. I had no idea the resource list and appendices would take up so much. but yes. super relieved, super happy.

i had my modern trials todayyyyyy... i completely neglected studying for it to work on my PIP, but it honestly went alright. I answered every question despite not studying lol. I'm not expecting high marks but oh well.

my next exam is ext history tomorrow! haven't been studying for it this whole year ahaha... i did a practice essay a few weeks ago and it wasn't too bad. i think the concepts are pretty easy to grasp, but it's just a matter of synthesising all the information into one succinct essay.

thanks for reading folks :D

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2020, 06:08:54 pm »
+8
mid trials update!

so yesterday I had my history extension exam; I really didn't prepare for it (kinda learnt the case study the night before) so I'm not excited to get the results back :/ I still wrote two essays but I didn't quite finish the second one since I ran out of time, and I kinda left out chunks of the first essay because I wasn't sure what to write.

But today is a different story! I had my Japanese exam, which was probably the best exam I've had so far. I felt confident with all the answers, except maybe a few small ones. I feel like I shouldn't speak too soon...but my speaking exam is on next Wednesday, so I'll be preparing for that this week.

My remaining exams are Legal and SAC! I'm kinda excited to study for Legal since it's so straightforward in terms of both content and writing. I'm definitely NOT excited to study for SAC, since I have no idea how to even start. I'm going to start tonight so I don't get lazy and slack off.

Thanks for reading, and as always, stay safe!!!

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2020, 04:48:38 pm »
+6
POST TRIALS UPDATE

MY TRIALS ARE OVER HOORAYY!!!!!

I just had my Legal and SAC exams today...ooof. I managed to get some amount of sleep, so it wasn't too bad. The legal exam was so much easier than I thought it would be, and I guessed one of the questions for family law!! The crime essay was on young offenders, which was our assessment task :/// Our class really thought it wouldn't be on young offenders cos that would have been too easy lol. I think I spent wayyy too long on the crime essay, and I ended up eating up the spare time that I gained from doing the multiple-choice and short answers quickly. I finished the last essay just as the timer ended, phew. I'm a bit worried because I didn't get time to check over multiple choice answers, but I was pretty confident when I answered them.

SAC!!!!! I hate myself for spending too long on legal and not enough for SAC. But I'm relieved I could answer all the questions with minimal study. Our teacher also marks pretty leniently sOoOooOo...

I just have the speaking exam for Japanese on Wednesday! I'm not too worried about it, and our class is going to practise tomorrow at school :)

I also just realised I still have my History Project due on Tuesday  :o It weighs more than the trials so I should probs focus on that.

Anyways, thanks for reading :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 05:02:41 pm by alice343 »

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • HSC Moderator
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2020, 08:31:02 pm »
+4
Congrats! That must feel amazing, although the timing of history and japanese sound like a pain. Best of luck with your history project as well, and please don't leave it to the last minute for the love of god (tho it might be a bit late by the sounds of things)
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2020, 10:53:08 pm »
Congrats! That must feel amazing, although the timing of history and japanese sound like a pain. Best of luck with your history project as well, and please don't leave it to the last minute for the love of god (tho it might be a bit late by the sounds of things)

Oh haha it's alright, I'm going to be working on the history project for this week, and Japanese isn't too stressful. I have like half of it done lol

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2020, 04:42:43 pm »
+8
Hey guys, so I just realised today that the ANU early entry offer was an UNCONDITIONAL one, which means I just have to graduate??? That's crazyyyyyyyyyyyy. I don't know if I'll accept yet. But I'm super bummed because I didn't research accommodation when I applied...I didn't think I would get an offer or end up going, so I kinda just picked a random one. I think you can change it but I'm not too sure? Anyways, I don't think it has properly registered yet because the process was so simple?? I feel like growing up I always thought of uni as a super intimidating place that was really difficult to get into, but apparently not??

Anyways, I'm gonna practise some speaking for my Japanese exam tomorrow and work on my History Project tonight :)

Viktoriak_

• MOTM: AUG 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2020, 01:03:34 pm »
+1
Hey guys, so I just realised today that the ANU early entry offer was an UNCONDITIONAL one, which means I just have to graduate??? That's crazyyyyyyyyyyyy. I don't know if I'll accept yet. But I'm super bummed because I didn't research accommodation when I applied...I didn't think I would get an offer or end up going, so I kinda just picked a random one. I think you can change it but I'm not too sure? Anyways, I don't think it has properly registered yet because the process was so simple?? I feel like growing up I always thought of uni as a super intimidating place that was really difficult to get into, but apparently not??

Anyways, I'm gonna practise some speaking for my Japanese exam tomorrow and work on my History Project tonight :)

Ayyee that's super exciting, congrats! Definitely helps with the stress/pressure for the rest of HSC.
Good luck with your jap and history (altho by the time u read this it'll probably be done...).
HSC '19: IPT
HSC '20: chem, phys, maths 3U, eng adv.

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2020, 06:07:15 pm »
+7
THE JOYS AND SORROWS OF ASSESSMENT FREE LIFE
Post-Trials Slump

WOOP WOOOOOOPPPP I'm finally done with all assessments. I gave my History Project in on Tuesday, and it was the greatest feeling ever. As always, I regret not working on it consistently throughout the year, but what's done is done! I feel a bit sorry for my teacher, who has given us 4 extensions HAHA

I've finished the content for all my subjects besides Modern and Legal, so I've been enjoying this. However, I can't seem to drag myself out of this post-trials slump. My brain is utterly fried from trials. BUT, there's only 2 months until Eng Paper 1 so I really need to get my shit togetherrrrr. I've finished all my notes basically, just need to work on some quote tables for Eng and some extra revision materials. In class, we've started revision and we're doing more timed writing, which I'm thankful for. We're revising the Common Module for Eng at the moment and getting back into it after 2 terms hurts my brain sm lol, plus Dobson's poetry is so inaccessible to most of us teens. (NESA making us write about old age and motherhood without having ever experienced the two)

The main thing I'm focusing on atm is my oral examination for Japanese in August. It's in less than a month so I need to practise speaking daily. It really requires a lot of motivation and dedication to practise speaking sigh. Going to start practising more with classmates and teachers. I'm waiting until I get my trials results back, so I can do a full reflection then :)

Some sad news. Graduations, formals and informal assemblies are cancelled :( this is so tragic, we can't even celebrate our 13 years of schooling with our families and friends! I'm hoping this remains only until the end of this term, since these can perhaps be postponed to next term? I don't know if many would be willing to participate in school activities after HSC exams are over, but it feels so anti-climactic to just graduate with it seeming like every other year.

Anyways, I hope everyone is well. Thanks for reading!
Alice
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 06:35:32 pm by alice343 »

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2020, 11:43:32 am »
+4
Week 6 Update

This week was so yuck, the mood was so off and it wasn't just me, it felt like everyone at school was feeling off. It's worrying but comforting at the same time to know that others are feeling the same way as me. I have a feeling this will get better next week though!

I've gotten my Trials results for English, SAC and Ext. so far. I'm REALLY HAPPY about Eng and SAC, I got what I expected for Ext. so not too mad about it. I'm still waiting for the rest, which I think I'll get back sometime this week? I'll wait until I get all of them to do a full Trials reflection post.

I just made a study timetable for HSC, and a classmate suggested doing an essay per day until the HSC (which is VERY ambitious but worth a try), starting on Monday. I know I need to start preparing ASAP since the time given for Trials wasn't enough (around 4 weeks), and I really do not want to be in the position of cramming and regretting not studying earlier.

I apologise for the mundane update - hopefully this will change in the next week or so.
Thanks for reading : D

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2020, 06:56:34 pm »
+7
Week 7 Update

Oopsies, haven't updated my journal in a while. Anywho, I'm still waiting on my trials for Japanese (I think I'm getting it back tomorrow!) and Legal, but I'm getting them all this week so I'm super pumped!!! So far my trials have been a mix of highs and lows, so I'm keen to see how I went overall when I have all my subjects.

Alsooooo my Japanese oral exam is coming up this Saturday!!! It doesn't feel like it's so soon, I feel like I should be stressing way more but I think trials sapped out all possible stress HAHA. My class has been practising a lot recently so that's probably why. I'm excited to get it over with, since that only means I have a shorter HSC exam lol.

Only 41 days until English Paper 1!! Time has really flown by since Trials ended and I don't think I've been using that time the most wisely, but I've started to get back into the study flow and been handing in more practice responses to teachers. I cannot wait until this is all over. Graduation is so soon, but it really doesn't feel like it at all. I was looking forward to having the year 11s doing the farewell arch, and having all our family members attending our graduation : ( Not sure what's happening with formal yet, but AHHHHH this year has just been a serious rollercoaster.

Thanks for reading, and don't give up!

Viktoriak_

• MOTM: AUG 20
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2020, 04:29:49 pm »
+2
Gahhh time HAS gone so fast, sounds like your getting back into the study grind tho, which is awesome.
That's a shame about grad - but it's out of our control. Hopefully you can still make the most of whatever ceremony you can have :)
Best of luck for your Japanese exam!!
HSC '19: IPT
HSC '20: chem, phys, maths 3U, eng adv.

alice343

• Trendsetter
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2020, 04:41:46 pm »
+1
Gahhh time HAS gone so fast, sounds like your getting back into the study grind tho, which is awesome.
That's a shame about grad - but it's out of our control. Hopefully you can still make the most of whatever ceremony you can have :)
Best of luck for your Japanese exam!!

Thank you!