Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:19:40 pm

Author Topic: STUDY SCORE FOR PSYCH  (Read 6614 times)  Share 

Alexa123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
STUDY SCORE FOR PSYCH
« on: March 22, 2019, 05:09:22 pm »
okay!! so I am extremely devo as today I got my mark for psychology back and I got 80% WTH IDEK HOW I GOT THAT. Anyways I am so upset because I had high hopes on getting a 40+ study score. Is there any way possible I can get 40+ I know I can pull up my grade to 95% or higher with hard work as I did get those grades in yr11.

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
Re: STUDY SCORE FOR PSYCH
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 07:21:13 pm »
okay!! so I am extremely devo as today I got my mark for psychology back and I got 80% WTH IDEK HOW I GOT THAT. Anyways I am so upset because I had high hopes on getting a 40+ study score. Is there any way possible I can get 40+ I know I can pull up my grade to 95% or higher with hard work as I did get those grades in yr11.

yeah obviously
unit 3 only contributes 16% of your study score
so that's 8% per task ( I think)
and unit 4 contributes 24% of your study score
if you make sure your average doesn't drop below than u should be good  ;)
remember that's your sacs throughout the year contribute 40% of your study score!
and 60% is determined through your performance in the exam!!!  :-X
so don't stress to much about this 1st SAC result.... focus on improving
also what rank do you think you placed in your psychology cohort regarding this SAC ?
 ;D
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

Alexa123

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 07:32:20 pm »
Im not too sure, I think in the middle , there are people above me and below me that i know

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 10:45:43 am »
Im not too sure, I think in the middle , there are people above me and below me that i know

When VCAA calculates your SAC score they use a combination of:
a) your rank
b) how well your cohort (the people studying psych at your school) do on the exam

so it's not really important what % you're getting at the moment because the SAC score VCAA gives you is likely to be different to that. What is important is trying your best to improve and learn from the mistakes you've made so you can increase your ranking and perform well on the exam.

You might want to look here and check out some of the guides for performing well in psychology. this one is recent and I particularly recommend.

Good luck :)

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 03:12:39 pm »
80% is a good score! Dont kill yourself over it! I did psych 3/4 last year, and i got 88% for my first two sacs (which equates to B+) and i was totally devestated but i ended up with a 40, so i was very happy (honestly expecting 20-25 study score for psych). Your job here now is to put in more hard work for your upcoming sac (you cant change your past but u can change ur future), which is probably gonna be about stress/learning. in order to improve ur mark, i suggest u do as many practice questions relating to stress/learning as soon as possible instead of just reurgitating and memorising content. thats what i did, but after my first sac score, i realised that was not the best way to approach psych, actually any subject. it is always important to understand the content very well and be able to apply it, thats whats going to bump up your scores substantially! Wishing you all the best for psych! It is really a very interesting subject and you will love and prolly do very well in it(except for research methods, which can be pretty boring lol) if u try to engage with the content in a more meaningful and fun way!!!
Hope this helped!!

jo black

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 08:11:08 pm »
hi guys, I got my final sac scores back last week for psych and I'm averaging 86% throughout all the sacs. Im above average in my class in terms of ranking but in a strong cohort. What sort of exam score would I need to get to achieve for a 40??