Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:14 pm

Author Topic: Environmental Science: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions  (Read 5824 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
This thread is for all exam-related discussion. Was it easy? Was it hard? What did you get for each question? Feel free to post any and all of your thoughts below.

If you don't have an ATAR Notes account yet, no stress - you can register for free here!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

charlotte1120

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Environmental Science: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 09:54:58 am »
+1
I'm going to miss this subject... If anyone turns up here, how did you find the exam?

I found some questions a little tricky to understand, and I feel as though I'll drop some marks on the multiple choice just because it's always so subjective. I do hope I am still able to score a 40, my class seems to have found the exam fair as well.

Pathfinder

• Adventurer
  • Lover of moderately priced stationary
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 06:49:34 pm »
It certainly wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be. I used the EEV textbook (is there really any other one?) and they went on a couple of tangents that I was stressing over, turns out we didn't need them. The MC section wasn't that bad, there were a couple of questions where I wasn't sure if it was 'X or Y', especially the one about fossil fuels and their formation. I picked A which was, IIRC: "decomposing matter, heat and pressure" just because the other options were talking about specific fossil fuels and I think B had the wrong time frame - millions of years instead of billions.

I guess I was a bit rushed for time near the end so the last page may just be a scribble but I managed to finish it all which IMO is great considering that I didn't end up finishing the sample exam VCAA put up. I think my answers for SA should be fine but I'm bound to lose marks here and there just because I didn't define a term or something, they're pedantic like that :P

The only question I didn't know how to answer was the one with the projection data response. I wrote that given the data, those in positions of power should be informed so they can make better decisions to curb the rising ocean temperatures and more accurate data should be collected to be inputted into the model to monitor the situation that's probably wrong, I'm interested to hear what you guys wrote for that one.

Anyway, if I do happen to be the last one responding to this thread... to the Environmental Science class of 2018, I really hope that everyone gets a decent score on the exam and best of luck with life, I guess.

Oh and what did you guys get for the percentage increase, I had a brain fart because of the negative number, I wrote a 250% increase, is this within the ballpark of what you guys got?

charlotte1120

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 03:51:26 pm »
I answered the same for the MC on fossil fuel formation, those questions annoy me where the answer isn’t really obvious as they are all similar. 

For the percentage increase, mine was not 250%, I don’t remember what I got exactly or how I calculated it (dont have a copy of the exam) but it would have been something under 100.

Pathfinder

• Adventurer
  • Lover of moderately priced stationary
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:46:10 pm »
Ah, I think I didn't read the whole question, did it give a base temperature to add/subtract the temperature difference, I tried finding the percentage difference of the graph alone.

I should have probably read those exam questions ;D