Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:23:40 am

Author Topic: Should I drop methods?  (Read 2030 times)  Share 

amanda4

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Should I drop methods?
« on: February 23, 2019, 08:51:05 pm »
I'm really struggling in methods right now. It takes a long time for me to understand a concept and then the questions are so hard. I get stuck on a question for a long time. I just don't see myself doing well and everyone around me seems to be far ahead and much more confident. It also means I can't focus on my other subjects as much
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 06:31:40 pm by amanda4 »

guac

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Should I drop methods?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 09:56:15 pm »
If you expect Methods to be your worst subject, the difference it will make to your study score is fairly negligible for an 80s atar. For example if you get a study score of 30, it will add only three points to your aggregate - that's the difference between a 40 and a 43 in one of your top four subjects, or the difference between getting four 37s and getting a 37 and three 38s. If you think that dropping methods will allow you to make at least that kind of improvement in your other subjects (if you reinvest that time into your other subjects it probably will), dropping methods isn't a bad idea atar-wise.

If you want to keep doing methods, I'd suggest getting a tutor. If you're going to drop, just make sure it's not a prerequisite for any of the uni courses that you might have in mind.

and hey, don't be too worried about everyone else. I assure you, everyone who cares about doing well in year 12 is internally panicking in one way or another, so just focus on yourself :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 09:59:14 pm by guac »
Guac puts a maths tutor in your pocket.
Chat to a verified, high achieving tutor anytime, anywhere. Ask about anything, from homework problems to difficult concepts.

7 day free trial, no credit card needed so you can get asking instantly: guactutor.com

Only available on iPhones (Android and tablets are coming!)