Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:52:05 am

Author Topic: What's just *one* thing you could give back to ATARNotes?  (Read 8010 times)

BNard

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: What's just *one* thing you could give back to ATARNotes?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 09:00:11 pm »
+4
I was a keen R&S student in 2015 - I'd be happy to write a bit about how I studied/learned content and round up my old notes and resources. Admittedly I'm only really knowledgeable about the Catholic version of the course - but it's something!
2017 - 2019: UoM BSci (Path)

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 09:05:09 pm »
I was a keen R&S student in 2015 - I'd be happy to write a bit about how I studied/learned content and round up my old notes and resources. Admittedly I'm only really knowledgeable about the Catholic version of the course - but it's something!

Feel free to post in the appropriate board :) We would truly value your opinion and experience. Any contribution is appreciated :) Thanks
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 09:39:43 pm »
+4
*thinking about skills that I can contribute*

-Write up some materials and a guide for VCE Economics (got a decent score in it, not my best SS but it's the subject where I'm most familiar the curriculum structure)
-Facilitate and moderate discussion on the Rants and Debate section (debating is the only skill of mine and I'm also employed to adjudicate lol). We need to bring back the good old days of AN debates (think 2009-2013). I'd be happy to get the ball rolling probably some time after the excitement/anxiety over results dies down. Topics won't be the recycled partisan-politics stuff, but instead about preferring a world with no extreme emotions (deep grief, falling madly in love, boiling rage) and regretting the decline in oil prices (this is just the tip of the iceberg).
-Provide advice/tips/sessions on competitive debating (should probably PM about it though unless there is sufficient interest)
-See if my friend (not on AN) would be happy to contribute resources and advice for VCE Environmental Science (she got a Premier's award in the subject). Could see if other people in my school can contribute ( many Premier's Award/scores at the top end in the subject almost every year).
-Answer questions in Physics, Psychology, Chemistry, Economics and Philosophy board/thread
-Happy to discuss difficult life experiences via PM
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb

wyzard

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 03:29:22 pm »
+4
AN forums have been and will always be a great place where students, past students, tutors and teachers gather and help each other out and discuss ideas ;D It's a great supportive community to be in.

I've been on this forum for a year already, although my presence is on and off, I'll definitely continue contributing and helping out other students.

I'll be focusing more on the two areas:
- Mathematics and Sciences, as this is my area of specialty 8)
- Helping students develop better study skills. I'm planning to write and already writing some post on this area so stay tuned!

And of course if there are any other interesting and fun discussion, I'll jump in too ;)
Graduated from high school in 2012 with atar of 99.55.

Currently doing MSc in Physics at UoM researching on Quantum Computers.

Offering group lessons for Unit 3/4 VCE Methods and Physics for 2017!

Selling awesome and in-depth study notes for Unit 3 Physics, PM me if interested! :D

Writer/Tutor at (Nerd of Passion)!
Connect with me on Facebook!

Litigator

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 03:51:16 pm »
+4
Some things that I will contribute shortly:

- Monash Subject Reviews for certain Arts subjects

I would like to primarily focus in the forums for Economics, Further Maths, Accounting and Legal Studies.

I can also offer LSAT advice after having it done twice.
vce
monash arts/business
rmit accounting/finance

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 04:56:40 pm »
+1
Bump - still after some valuable resources/guides/etc for all of the mentioned subjects in the original thread.

Please feel free to post them in their respective sections :) We would really value your contribution. Thanks all!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 04:57:39 pm »
+1
Bump - still after some valuable resources/guides/etc for all of the mentioned subjects in the original thread.

Please feel free to post them in their respective sections :) We would really value your contribution. Thanks all!

And you'll get a lot of +1s. ;)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 05:00:50 pm »
+1
And you'll get a lot of +1s. ;)

AND that. There really isn't anything that could go wrong by posting something :)

Just a FYI - If you have something that you want to share that isn't necessarily listed in the first post (e.g. a university guide of your own), we would absolutely love it if you would contribute as well! The whole purpose of communities such as AN is to share all different perspectives and ideas. Please get involved!

ninax

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 07:36:37 pm »
+4
I've noticed there's absolutely no posts on Visual Art, and since I've benefitted from other parts of the forums I figured Im gonna post:
'Visual Arts Guide: Exam How To' which I'll post how to write top notch VA essays etc, and how to analyse artworks etc
and
'Visual Arts: What Makes A Body Of Work a 50'
 :)
Hsc 2016 Exam Results: English Standard: 91 (93 raw)  General Math: 79 Business Studies: 78 Legal Studies: 84 Sor: 88 Visual Arts: 96 (99th percentile +Nomination for Art Express)
ATAR aim: 70-80. ATAR: 88.45 :D

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 07:47:25 pm »
I've noticed there's absolutely no posts on Visual Art, and since I've benefitted from other parts of the forums I figured Im gonna post:
'Visual Arts Guide: Exam How To' which I'll post how to write top notch VA essays etc, and how to analyse artworks etc
and
'Visual Arts: What Makes A Body Of Work a 50'
 :)

So good! Looking forward to it. ;D

sweetcheeks

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +83
  • School: ---
  • School Grad Year: 2016
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2016, 07:58:02 pm »
+5
I would just like to say that I have almost finished writing "A brief guide to 3/4 systems engineering" and it will be uploaded within the next week.

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2016, 08:12:38 pm »
+1
I would just like to say that I have almost finished writing "A brief guide to 3/4 systems engineering" and it will be uploaded within the next week.

This is definitely an area in need of resources - thank you in advance for your contribution :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 09:47:43 am »
+9
BUMP.

The best thing about ATAR Notes, as I see it, is that it's bigger than the sum of its parts.

ATAR Notes isn't Brenden. ATAR Notes isn't MisterNeo. ATAR Notes isn't dancing phalanges. But it is all of them. ATAR Notes is much broader than any one individual; for ten years, people have come and gone, and ATAR Notes in essence has stayed the same.

A tangent on why I love ATAR Notes, which is relevant to the below
We work hard to make things easier for others, and that's why I love ATAR Notes so much. But it can be daunting at first, particularly if you've joined recently. You'll see these members with thousands of posts each. They all seem to know one another. At least, that's how it felt for me.

I really want to emphasise that ATAR Notes is a family. As soon as you join, you're part of that family. Whether you have zero posts or 10,000+, you're a family member, and are extremely valued here.

Once you start getting more involved with the AN community, your love for it will only grow. One or two posts leads to several more. Put together a few solid weeks of posting and you might even be recognised in the Member of the Month Awards. This year alone, we've recognised some amazing contributors to the community: kiwiberry, Shadowxo, rodero, Syndicate, sssona09, cookiedream, MisterNeo, Quantum44, Wales, zhen. And the exciting is, there'll be many more to come.

Some of the aforementioned users are now moderators of the forums. Already.

And who knows where that will lead? Brenden, Lauren, me. We all started posting on the forums; we all now work full time for ATAR Notes.

ANYWAY, I promise you this post does have an actual purpose related to the above.

The reason I say the above is this:

It's easy to not get involved because you don't feel it's your place. But there's nothing we love more than seeing AN members take the initiative. That's why ATAR Notes is so great; people just take it upon themselves to improve the community.

This thread here is a call to action. If you're passionate about a particular subject or part of the forum, list here how you're going to improve it further. For example:

VCE Texts & Traditions is grossly under-resourced at the moment. Heidi's done a great job in the last few years with some amazing threads but, mostly, activity is low. So rachid.kam (a current T&Ter) took it upon themselves to write this article here on how to well in the subject. Fucking amazing, and highly appreciated.

Isaac's HSC Business Studies report thread. FallingStar's VCE Geography resources thread. Coffee's VCE Philosophy questions thread. Susie's HSC Drama essays thread. This is what makes ATAR Notes what it is.

Does this have to be for smaller subjects? No - not at all! Get a load of Sine's recent VCE Methods/Spesh exam advice thread to see how appreciated stuff like this is. This has had more than 1,000 views in less than a week!

These examples are all long posts, but they needn't be. Literally any post helps. If you see a question, answer it. If you have a question, ask it. It doesn't take much to become more involved. :))

SO:

In this thread, let us know how you're going to contribute to the forums, whether that be VCE/HSC-related, uni-related, or something entire unrelated to academics. :)

GalacticProcess

• Forum Obsessive
  • The key to success, is failure.
  • Respect: +139
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 10:42:15 am »
+7
I would love to help out future students in the Selective School threads. I feel that the selective school tests in itself are very vague, in terms of content and difficulty. Because of that, experiences of past students is invaluable and can't really be learned or taught. For me personally, these forums were especially helpful in the selective schools exam preparation and I would love to pass on the experience and knowledge gained from that. :)

I'm currently doing Biology 1/2, and when I start 3/4 next year, I would also love to help out in that subject. Just looking to contribute in any way I can! :D