Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:23:32 am

Author Topic: Monash questions - Bachelor of science and arts  (Read 1067 times)  Share 

Alexa123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Monash questions - Bachelor of science and arts
« on: December 12, 2019, 06:58:05 pm »
Hello, I am really interested in studying the bachelor of science and arts next year in 2020. However, due to few incidents occurring right before the exams I was unable to preform to my standard and got an ATAR of 65.85. Is it possible for me to still be considered for this course? and I will like to mention that I am eligible and have been accepted for SEAS and Monash guarantee already due to my financial background and coming from an unrepresented school.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Monash questions - Bachelor of science and arts
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 07:18:59 pm »
Hello, I am really interested in studying the bachelor of science and arts next year in 2020. However, due to few incidents occurring right before the exams I was unable to preform to my standard and got an ATAR of 65.85. Is it possible for me to still be considered for this course? and I will like to mention that I am eligible and have been accepted for SEAS and Monash guarantee already due to my financial background and coming from an unrepresented school.
I believe the monash gurantee for this course is a 75 ATAR, SEAS will help you too but I think it will be difficult to get a place in this course since the usual entry cutoff is 85. I would still keep in it your preferences since there is always a chance a cutoff will change in a given year. However, there are other options to get into this course e.g. applying for single degree of arts or science and then later in your degree adding on the other component.

It is unfortunate that you had incidents that impacted your performance but from my knowledge universities won't consider that since your VCAA study scores should have incorporated that since students that have incidents such as illnesses, death in families apply for derived study scores.

Hope this helps

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 07:24:09 pm »
Would also suggest adding either a bachelor or science or bachelor of arts at a different uni with a lower atar requirement into your preferences (if you haven't already) so that if you aren't accepted into monash you have the option of studying elsewhere for a year and then doing an external transfer.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Alexa123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 02:18:01 pm »
I believe the monash gurantee for this course is a 75 ATAR, SEAS will help you too but I think it will be difficult to get a place in this course since the usual entry cutoff is 85. I would still keep in it your preferences since there is always a chance a cutoff will change in a given year. However, there are other options to get into this course e.g. applying for single degree of arts or science and then later in your degree adding on the other component.

It is unfortunate that you had incidents that impacted your performance but from my knowledge universities won't consider that since your VCAA study scores should have incorporated that since students that have incidents such as illnesses, death in families apply for derived study scores.

Hope this helps

Do you think I might be accepted in Bachelor of Arts at Monash possibly? last year the lowest ATAR i think they took in was a 68

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 03:30:29 pm »
+1

Do you think I might be accepted in Bachelor of Arts at Monash possibly? last year the lowest ATAR i think they took in was a 68
The person with that atar would have had a lot of help from seas and/or bonus points. It's always possible because atar requirements change every year depending on demand for a degree, however it's not very likely.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra