Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:18:07 am

Author Topic: Zhen's VCE Journey  (Read 46904 times)

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
Re: Zhen's VCE Journey
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2017, 06:22:23 pm »
+5
LMAO connected the dots a while back but kinda forgot altogether til you mentioned it just now (or rather, brenden connected the dots for me and mentioned it in passing at some point I think) and if I didn't already know that lowkey savage comment about your eng teacher would've definitely confirmed it lmao

btw your essays were fine idk what you're talking about

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • The world is a bitter place
  • Respect: +338
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2017, 06:29:51 pm »
+5
LMAO connected the dots a while back but kinda forgot altogether til you mentioned it just now (or rather, brenden connected the dots for me and mentioned it in passing at some point I think) and if I didn't already know that lowkey savage comment about your eng teacher would've definitely confirmed it lmao

btw your essays were fine idk what you're talking about
Brenden connected the dots cause he remembered I attended MHS and I posted asking about tutesmart on these forums ages ago. About my essays being fine, I’ll just stare intently at that 5/10 argument analysis. Also, my whole journal is just a place for ranting about my teachers.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:33:37 pm by zhen »

HopefulLawStudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2017, 06:43:04 pm »
+5
About my essays being fine, I’ll just stare intently at that 5/10 argument analysis.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Should've seen that coming lmaoooo

In all fairness, you'd had a bad day that day essay-wise I think; generally your essays were fine.

And I'm a mean marker anyway as you well know so wouldn't stare too intently at that 5/10.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:45:32 pm by HopefulLawStudent »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2017, 08:24:24 pm »
+4
Just wondering, but you do realise that I’m your annoying student

Love this haha.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2017, 09:23:44 pm »
+6
Love this haha.
This is the type of thing that happens in anonymous forums. A couple of my friends were looking for a year 12 with a last name of zhen throughout my school because they wanted to know who this zhen person was that was posting on atarnotes so much. It’s funny because I was like the last person they suspected and that my last name doesn’t actually doesn’t have zhen in it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 09:25:17 pm by zhen »

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2017, 09:25:33 pm »
+6
This is the type of thing that happens in anonymous forums. A couple of my friends were looking for a year 12 with a last name of zhen throughout my school because they wanted to know who this zhen person was that was posting on atarnotes so much. It’s funny because I was like the last person they suspected and that my last name doesn’t actually doesn’t have zhen in it.

People looking for a Joseph would be none the wiser. ;)

lyoko

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +51
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2017, 11:43:18 pm »
+6
2/11/2017
Today, I had one of my mini breakdowns. In 13 more days, I will finish my last exam which is physics. Today, I’ve just been thinking about the all the different people who have been helping and supporting me throughout VCE and that after this year there are going to be lots of people that I won’t be able to keep in contact with.  :'(  I’m feeling pretty depressed that it’s ending so quickly and I wish that I could go back and make a couple more fond memories.

I feel you bro, this was honestly me at the start of the year, like in Term 1...I know, Term 1  :o and I was already worrying about things happening 12 months later. But let me tell that it will pass. It did for me and it will for you. Like zofromuxo, K888 and HopefulLawStudent have said, let time do it's thing. Probably the best words of advice, I can give regarding this. While it's nice and helpful even to keep in touch with everyone, you'll soon find that you'll bond more with some and drift a little with others. This isn't to say don't keep in touch with them, more so be open. Open to change and open to gaining and losing people. Hang in there bro, we've only just started the last sprint of our marathon! Best wishes!

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »
+6
I feel you bro, this was honestly me at the start of the year, like in Term 1...I know, Term 1  :o and I was already worrying about things happening 12 months later. But let me tell that it will pass. It did for me and it will for you. Like zofromuxo, K888 and HopefulLawStudent have said, let time do it's thing. Probably the best words of advice, I can give regarding this. While it's nice and helpful even to keep in touch with everyone, you'll soon find that you'll bond more with some and drift a little with others. This isn't to say don't keep in touch with them, more so be open. Open to change and open to gaining and losing people. Hang in there bro, we've only just started the last sprint of our marathon! Best wishes!
Thanks for the advice.  ;D I guess right now I’m frightened of change, but I should be more open to it and accept that it’s bound to happen.

3/11/2017
Today I spent most of the day in the library at Monash university and I just got back home. I did a heap of study and I’m pretty satisfied with what I’ve done today. I was pretty surprised that I spotted quite a few other high schoolers studying for VCE exams in the library. I guess that everyone (including me) is desperate to really nail the rest of their exams. What really bothered me today in the last few hours, when I got back to the library after lunch, was that there were people talking pretty loudly while everyone else was silent and studying. It’s one of the things that really annoys me. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2017, 04:44:10 pm »
+4
Today I spent most of the day in the library at Monash university and I just got back home. I did a heap of study and I’m pretty satisfied with what I’ve done today. I was pretty surprised that I spotted quite a few other high schoolers studying for VCE exams in the library. I guess that everyone (including me) is desperate to really nail the rest of their exams. What really bothered me today in the last few hours, when I got back to the library after lunch, was that there were people talking pretty loudly while everyone else was silent and studying. It’s one of the things that really annoys me. Anyone else have a similar experience?

To horribly generalise: welcome to uni. :-\

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2017, 10:01:04 pm »
+2
I’ve studied quite a bit for methods, but I’m worried that I’ll drop marks for stupid mistakes. I dropped like 8 marks in the 2012 exam and they were nearly all minor mistakes because I didn’t pay enough attention to the question. I’ve been keeping a list of these mistakes, but sometimes I repeat the mistake anyway. Hopefully, I can really drill out these stupid mistakes by exam time. Also been spending too much time listening to see you again, cause listening to sad music in a depressing time of my life is obviously going to make it better.  :P

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2017, 10:16:27 pm »
+6
law library at monash 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors are nice quiet areas which are strictly no talking - where I usually go. :)

zhen

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2017, 10:24:16 pm »
+3
law library at monash 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors are nice quiet areas which are strictly no talking - where I usually go. :)
I’ve been to the law library before and I feel awkward going there as a high school student, especially if I’m in my school uniform. I’ve been going to mathesons, which is usually quiet, but there are some exceptions.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 10:45:56 pm by zhen »

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2017, 10:29:03 pm »
+2
Any other libraries you'd recommend? I've just been going to state, and the constant sounds of footsteps is starting to annoy me...
2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2017, 10:36:29 pm »
+5
Any other libraries you'd recommend? I've just been going to state, and the constant sounds of footsteps is starting to annoy me...

Basement of Hargrave-Andrew. ;)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2017, 10:37:25 pm »
+3
I’ve been to the law library before and I feel awkward going there as a high school student, especiallt if I’m in my school uniform. I’ve been going to mathesons, which is usually quiet, but there are some exceptions.
yeah some uni students even don't like going in because of the law students ahah

Matheson I sometimes go. There are some "quiet" areas not sure if they are as strict as law but definitely quiet. Other places would be the basement of Hargraves library. (EDIT: beaten by J41)

I go state sometimes ahah but usually only early in the semester when I have time to hangout in the city  :P and also because you need a UoM student card to be in melbourne uni's libraries