Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:25:42 am

Author Topic: Using eulogies for mod b  (Read 1566 times)

Adriaclya

• Trailblazer
  • "I think; therefore I am"
  • Respect: 0
Using eulogies for mod b
« on: May 29, 2016, 07:20:35 pm »
Hi guys, i just have a question regarding my upcoming mod b speech. As such, i am using 2 eulogy speeches to which the question is : how do your chosen speeches promote the importance of making a difference?
How do i/can i relate a eulogy to the question asked?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Adv english question
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 12:02:53 pm »
Hi guys, i just have a question regarding my upcoming mod b speech. As such, i am using 2 eulogy speeches to which the question is : how do your chosen speeches promote the importance of making a difference?
How do i/can i relate a eulogy to the question asked?

Hey Adriaclya! Welcome to the forums!  ;D

I've never addressed a eulogy speech before, but I did some speeches that are sort of similar in my HSC. Pretty much, it is about defining "making a difference" in a way that makes sense for your speeches. Perhaps they reflect on the life of a social activist? You would then define "making a difference" as social activism, or campaigning for equality, etc.

Essentially, there is no single answer to your question. Look at your speeches and think, "How are people making a difference in this speech?" If the question and texts have been set for you, there will be something in there that reflects the theme. You just have to define it the way that makes the most sense: Defining "making a difference" is very open to your own interpretation.

I hope this helps a little! Maybe someone who has done something similar can offer some better suggestions  ;D

Adriaclya

• Trailblazer
  • "I think; therefore I am"
  • Respect: 0
Re: Using eulogies for mod b
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:24:12 pm »
Yes yes it does help! :)
So could i say that through reflecting the achievements of the person (deceased) upon a now, better contemporary society, does it prompt the audience to realise the potential of change and how it has ultimately benefitted them and the community; thus the importance of change is promoted??
Thankss

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Using eulogies for mod b
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:35:12 pm »
Yes yes it does help! :)
So could i say that through reflecting the achievements of the person (deceased) upon a now, better contemporary society, does it prompt the audience to realise the potential of change and how it has ultimately benefitted them and the community; thus the importance of change is promoted??
Thankss

Brilliant!! That works really well, just remember to show how TECHNIQUES are used to portray this reflection in an effective way and you are set to go, good thinking!! ;D