Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:23:04 am

Author Topic: Allocate Help  (Read 1724 times)  Share 

EOZZ

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Allocate Help
« on: January 23, 2019, 08:25:22 pm »
On Allocate, what do LC01 and LSP01 mean? They show up in the activity column for lectures

Any help is appreciated as I am quite confused.
Thanks

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
Re: Allocate Help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 08:50:28 pm »
+4
Hey there,

There is really only one difference in terms between the two in terms of recordings (described below). For both, you should receive access to both lecture recordings and the livestream.

LC = lecture capture. If you select this activity, you will be able to clash this timeslot with another class (if you so wish). Any preferences for other classes which have the same time as this lecture will be considered (for a clash) by the system when setting up your timetable. This is a good option for students who plan on watching the lecture recording later, and want to attend a different class during this time. Warning: Some lectures have in-class quizzes, or you may have a mid-semester test during one of your lecture slots.

LSP = live stream (something beginning with P?). If you select this activity, you will not be able to clash this timeslot with another class. Any preferences for other classes which have the same time as this lecture will be ignored by the system when setting up your timetable.

Hope that helps! :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:53:38 pm by VanillaRice »
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

EOZZ

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 09:08:51 pm »
Thank you for your help!

I just have one more question in relation to that. Do I need to select either LC or LS as well as the lecture time I've chosen or is it instead of?

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 09:26:01 pm »
Thank you for your help!

I just have one more question in relation to that. Do I need to select either LC or LS as well as the lecture time I've chosen or is it instead of?
They should be selected together :)
e.g. If there are two timeslots - 1pm and 3pm - there should be 1pm LC, 1pm LSP, 3pm LC, and 3pm LSP
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

DoctorTwo

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »
They should be selected together :)
e.g. If there are two timeslots - 1pm and 3pm - there should be 1pm LC, 1pm LSP, 3pm LC, and 3pm LSP

So we should select both the actual lecture and one of the LC/LSP? Also, one of my units has two different timeslots for the actual lectures as well as one LC and one LSP, but the LC/LSP are at the same time and that time is not the same as the time of the lectures that I chose to attend. I know that's a confusing sentence, but should I allocate myself to one of the LC/LSP even though they're for the other lectures? Thanks.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 03:02:47 pm »
+2
So we should select both the actual lecture and one of the LC/LSP? Also, one of my units has two different timeslots for the actual lectures as well as one LC and one LSP, but the LC/LSP are at the same time and that time is not the same as the time of the lectures that I chose to attend. I know that's a confusing sentence, but should I allocate myself to one of the LC/LSP even though they're for the other lectures? Thanks.
choose one type of lecture for each slot so you would choose 1 of the 3.

Tbh the lectures that you allocate yourself to is pretty redundant (if they don't take attendance - most units don't) because you could choose any lecture type but end up using any of the lecture types. So you could choose live stream but go to the lecture, or put a different lecture time but go to the other lecture time.