Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:22:58 am

Author Topic: Is my Chemistry study score doomed?  (Read 980 times)  Share 

gab.r_se

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Is my Chemistry study score doomed?
« on: March 09, 2019, 11:15:58 am »
Hello.

Recently, I got an extremely upsetting SAC result for my first Chemistry Unit 3 SAC. I got a 50%, but our scores are getting moderated due to the teachers recognising that the SAC was too long. Once moderated, my score would be most likely changed to 60%. My teacher said I am roughly ranked in the middle of my cohort of 39 students.
It was a very unexpected score since I started studying for this SAC in the first week of term.

My school only has two Unit 3 SACs, but even if I do much better in the next SAC, would my GA1 score still be terrible?

I am aiming for around 35 as a study score, but after that SAC result, I am a little worried I won't be able to achieve that score.
2018: Biology [35]
2019: English [35], Methods [31], Chemistry [30], Further [40], Enviro [43]
ATAR: 89.65
2020 - 2022: Science @ UoM

Quantum44

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +313
Re: Is my Chemistry study score doomed?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 11:33:56 am »
+5
Your actual SAC mark in this case isn’t what is used to calculate your study, as VCAA only looks at your SAC ranking and cohort performance in the exam to determine what adjusted SAC marks your receive as a contribution to your study score. From the sounds of it, your chemistry SAC was very difficult, and you were ranked around the middle, so you seem well-placed to get a study score of 35+ if your cohort is decently strong. It’s also important to note that your GA1 score is only one part of your study score, and that there are plenty of opportunities along the way to improve, so don’t start worrying now.
UAdel MBBS

gab.r_se

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Re: Is my Chemistry study score doomed?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 05:16:31 pm »
Your actual SAC mark in this case isn’t what is used to calculate your study, as VCAA only looks at your SAC ranking and cohort performance in the exam to determine what adjusted SAC marks your receive as a contribution to your study score. From the sounds of it, your chemistry SAC was very difficult, and you were ranked around the middle, so you seem well-placed to get a study score of 35+ if your cohort is decently strong. It’s also important to note that your GA1 score is only one part of your study score, and that there are plenty of opportunities along the way to improve, so don’t start worrying now.

Thank you so much!
2018: Biology [35]
2019: English [35], Methods [31], Chemistry [30], Further [40], Enviro [43]
ATAR: 89.65
2020 - 2022: Science @ UoM