Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 08:35:19 am

Author Topic: English  (Read 1035 times)

JoeyLad02

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
English
« on: April 24, 2019, 05:43:30 pm »
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you could please check over my intro for these texts for the question, "Does Hag Seed offer new insights about redemption or simply affirm those offered in The Tempest?"

Intro:
Whilst ‘Hag-Seed’ contextually differs from ‘The Tempest’, it does not offer new insights about the process of redemption. It is merely an appropriation of ‘The Tempest’ that clearly affirms the redemptive process. Accordingly, this process towards redemption is explored by both texts through characters who are consumed by their own suffering that must undergo a process in which they recognise their own folly and consequently initiates the plot for revenge in order to achieve redemption. ‘The Tempest’ is a play written by William Shakespeare during the Elizabethan period. ‘Hag-Seed’ is a contemporary novel written by Margaret Atwood based upon Shakespeare’s, ‘The Tempest’.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: English
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 12:46:09 am »
+1
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if you could please check over my intro for these texts for the question, "Does Hag Seed offer new insights about redemption or simply affirm those offered in The Tempest?"

Intro:
Whilst ‘Hag-Seed’ contextually differs from ‘The Tempest’, it does not offer new insights about the process of redemption. It is merely an appropriation of ‘The Tempest’ that clearly affirms the redemptive process. Accordingly, this process towards redemption is explored by both texts through characters who are consumed by their own suffering that must undergo a process in which they recognise their own folly and consequently initiates the plot for revenge in order to achieve redemption. ‘The Tempest’ is a play written by William Shakespeare during the Elizabethan period. ‘Hag-Seed’ is a contemporary novel written by Margaret Atwood based upon Shakespeare’s, ‘The Tempest’.

Hey, JoeyLad02!

Just some general comments I have to offer  ;D

- Your judgement is direct which is highly important! You grapple with the question head on and make it clear what it is exactly you are aiming to explore.
- The introduction needs some structural revision. You introduce the texts at the end of the intro, even though you've already mentioned them before. Logically, the introduction would answer an aspect of the module first (that new insights are not necessarily shown in this instance) and then you would directly apply this to The Tempest and Hag Seed.
- Very nitpicky thing but make sure you include the year of publication for these texts. Context is central to Module A and understanding how texts may either reaffirm or deny values over time.
- Overall, a stronger connection to the module too should be your goal in drafting this again. Refer back to the rubric and align the elements of it to the question in order to conceptualise your thesis more  :)

If you would like me to elaborate on any of the above points, feel free to let me know! Hope that helps  :D

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music