Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:35:06 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287671 times)

GlassOfWater

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #360 on: September 15, 2017, 05:21:25 pm »
+3
This is my first post EVER! (yay me)

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?
In Year 12 studying English ATAR, Mathematics Applications ATAR, Human Biology ATAR, Chemistry ATAR and Religion and Life GENERAL (Religion is compulsory at my school)

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.
Children Of Men - did a film study on it in Year 11. It may be a good, 'cleverly layered' film but all that is thrown out the window when you have to write an essay on it.  And the ENDING totally screwed me over.  I hated the ending. Just. No.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
Broccoli. Do it properly. Use broccoli.

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve?
I just wanna help people, make their lives easier 'ya know? My dream is to do lab research and make some super cool/helpful discoveries.  Ideally ones that can contribute to finding treatment/cures for disease/conditions.

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say?
Undeserved. That's what my life is. Out of the millions of sperm that tried to reach the egg, one was not worthy. Yet that one sperm was selfish and was like "Nah fuck youse all brah I'm fertilising this egg." I feel like I am the product of a selfish sperm......I don't know even anymore.  Wtf am I doing with my life.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2017, 05:28:13 pm »
+6
This is my first post EVER! (yay me)

In Year 12 studying English ATAR, Mathematics Applications ATAR, Human Biology ATAR, Chemistry ATAR and Religion and Life GENERAL (Religion is compulsory at my school)

Children Of Men - did a film study on it in Year 11. It may be a good, 'cleverly layered' film but all that is thrown out the window when you have to write an essay on it.  And the ENDING totally screwed me over.  I hated the ending. Just. No.

Broccoli. Do it properly. Use broccoli.

I just wanna help people, make their lives easier 'ya know? My dream is to do lab research and make some super cool/helpful discoveries.  Ideally ones that can contribute to finding treatment/cures for disease/conditions.

Undeserved. That's what my life is. Out of the millions of sperm that tried to reach the egg, one was not worthy. Yet that one sperm was selfish and was like "Nah fuck youse all brah I'm fertilising this egg." I feel like I am the product of a selfish sperm......I don't know even anymore.  Wtf am I doing with my life.
Hey,
Welcome to the forums! :D

I had to study Children of men last year (the book though, not the movie), and I think we had to do a speech on it. Definitely wasn't my favourite book or movie. We had to watch the movie and I share your frustration with the ending.

Lab research sounds really cool and so helpful! What type of cure would you like to find?
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

Natasha.97

• NSW MVP - 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • ~
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #362 on: September 16, 2017, 09:45:50 am »
+3
Finally made an account after a year of lurking!
Yay!!! Welcome to the cool club 8)
I honestly thought the live action version of Avatar the Last Airbender was okay if that says anything.
:o :o :o
Life is weird and crazy as heck but what can you do?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #363 on: September 16, 2017, 01:09:39 pm »
+1
None? I'm a really hard person to displease when it comes to movies. I honestly thought the live action version of Avatar the Last Airbender was okay if that says anything.

Movie studios would love for you to be a critic ;) welcome!!

prickles

• Forum Obsessive
  • Goals are just dreams with deadlines
  • Respect: +268
« Reply #364 on: September 16, 2017, 08:07:51 pm »
+2
A flamethrower with an unlimited fuel supply. It kills quickly and I could also use it as something other than a weapon.
Liiikeee....roasting marshmallows??

boooom

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #365 on: September 17, 2017, 10:57:28 am »
+2
Liiikeee....roasting marshmallows??

Was thinking to cook food, but roasting marshmallows also works.  :P

mollyf21

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #366 on: September 20, 2017, 08:20:18 pm »
+5
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in year 10 and my subjects are Further Maths and Biology

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
anything that is vaguely scary...paranormal scary. I'm fine with dead people and stuff but not ghosts. and anything that hurts animals.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Oh, I would be the first victim. I would have no hope, so why choose a weapon?

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I hope to be a vet when I am older and maybe travel the world caring for animals in poor countries who are in serious need of medical care

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
ME: weird person who is adicted to buying unnecessary stationary because it looks cool and then realising that I have no need for it!

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
« Reply #367 on: September 20, 2017, 08:59:36 pm »
+2
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I'm in year 10 and my subjects are Further Maths and Biology
Welcome, Molly! :)

Great choices. What subjects are you thinking of doing in Year 11 and 12?

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
ME: weird person who is adicted to buying unnecessary stationary because it looks cool and then realising that I have no need for it!
I am the exact same! Great to have another stationery addict around. :P What are some of your favourite items?

A while ago I bought 2-3 packets of Mildliners and I love them so much! ;D Brown highlights are apparently a good conversation starter...

mollyf21

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2017, 06:35:34 am »
+4
I'm planning on doing Methods, Chemistry (although I don't want to), English, 3&4 Biology, 3&4 further and VET Animal Studies.

I don't have a favourite piece of stationary, but pretty much anything from Kikki.K (I bought 18 pens there on the weekend for no reason), and anything that is aqua. I just wish I could be creative in SOME way so that my notes could look vaguely nice and not a scribbled mess...but I have to keep dreaming on that one  ;D . WOW! That's a few mildliners! That wouldn't have been cheap!

rutilantel

• Adventurer
  • Student Dilemmas!
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2017, 12:04:12 pm »
+3
Hello there! I'm new to these forums. Seems super cool tbh.
I'm currently in Year 10, and my two chosen elective that I've had to do from Year 9 until now is Drama, which I passionately love, alongside Design & Technology - which I passionately hate.  ;)

I actually don't know, maybe because I always watch the trailer and if a movie seems crappy af, I know to just walk the other direction. I might have to get back to this another time.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? .
ZOMBIES GON' CATCH THESE HANDS! Just kidding. I wish. My weapon would be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, because I can either hide and eat it or distract them by throwing it in their face. Logic, right?

I want to be a person who is content with their life - Personally, I want to end up working in film and media. Film-making seems to be the go for now. It's the industry that greatly attracts me, hence why I decided to continue drama the following senior years alongside picking up entertainment industry VET course. I'm looking forward to it.

Procrastination. A person who chose 'buisness' studies but ALWAYS stuffs up the spelling of business. Usually quite energetic, a fan of films, an individual who needs to read books and expand her vocabulary. I also really like Peanut Butter & Jelly, I dunno if you could tell but... Yeah! 8)

★ HSC 2019 ★
Advanced English, Business Studies, Legal Studies, SOR 1, Drama,  Standard Math

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2017, 12:08:43 pm »
+1
Hello there! I'm new to these forums. Seems super cool tbh.
I'm currently in Year 10, and my two chosen elective that I've had to do from Year 9 until now is Drama, which I passionately love, alongside Design & Technology - which I passionately hate.  ;)

I actually don't know, maybe because I always watch the trailer and if a movie seems crappy af, I know to just walk the other direction. I might have to get back to this another time.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? .
ZOMBIES GON' CATCH THESE HANDS! Just kidding. I wish. My weapon would be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, because I can either hide and eat it or distract them by throwing it in their face. Logic, right?

I want to be a person who is content with their life - Personally, I want to end up working in film and media. Film-making seems to be the go for now. It's the industry that greatly attracts me, hence why I decided to continue drama the following senior years alongside picking up entertainment industry VET course. I'm looking forward to it.

Procrastination. A person who chose 'buisness' studies but ALWAYS stuffs up the spelling of business. Usually quite energetic, a fan of films, an individual who needs to read books and expand her vocabulary. I also really like Peanut Butter & Jelly, I dunno if you could tell but... Yeah! 8)

yeahhhh boii another member of the drama fam <3 I know its a while until you have to properly start thinking about the HSC IP, but you mention being interested in film (we seem to have quite a bit in common ;) ) - do you think you might make a short film for the Drama IP? If so, will definitely have some advice/tips I can share when the time comes (like don't have a 40 ppl cast mainly comprised of year 7's - just trust me) :) Overall, welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around more :)
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

rutilantel

• Adventurer
  • Student Dilemmas!
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2017, 12:20:41 pm »
+3
yeahhhh boii another member of the drama fam <3 I know its a while until you have to properly start thinking about the HSC IP, but you mention being interested in film (we seem to have quite a bit in common ;) ) - do you think you might make a short film for the Drama IP? If so, will definitely have some advice/tips I can share when the time comes (like don't have a 40 ppl cast mainly comprised of year 7's - just trust me) :) Overall, welcome! Looking forward to seeing you around more :)

I actually stress for the drama hsc from now lmaoooo. Idek why, maybe it's because each year we watch the drama trials and everyone gets super nervous from how good they are. Right now, I intend to do the short film for the Drama IP. We recently finished short films for our assignments and I was super happy with my result ---- but I guess we'll see! And thank you <3
★ HSC 2019 ★
Advanced English, Business Studies, Legal Studies, SOR 1, Drama,  Standard Math

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2017, 01:16:35 pm »
+1
I actually stress for the drama hsc from now lmaoooo. Idek why, maybe it's because each year we watch the drama trials and everyone gets super nervous from how good they are. Right now, I intend to do the short film for the Drama IP. We recently finished short films for our assignments and I was super happy with my result ---- but I guess we'll see! And thank you <3
Hey remember that they are that good because they spent a year working on it! Two girls from my old school were nominated for OnStage this year, and I know that they only started working on it in year 12 :) And awesome!!! As you probably gathered I did a short film last year aha, so if you ever want to chat about anything drama related - film or otherwise - make sure to head over to the drama threads and we can discuss :)
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

cxtti

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #373 on: October 02, 2017, 06:08:26 pm »
+4
Year 11 going into Year 12! Ancient, Modern, English Standard, General Math, Senior Science
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
I don't watch movies a lot and I just watch what is given to me, to be honest.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A sliding door all around me, thanks "Train to Busan"
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I want to be successful while being happy.  I want to achieve nice looking written notes. I've got boxes full of nice stationary and zero aesthetic notes.
Lucky in not important situations.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #374 on: October 02, 2017, 06:20:57 pm »
+3
A sliding door all around me, thanks "Train to Busan"
I've tried to work up the courage to watch this movie, but zombie movies always seem like a good idea before I watch them, then they just give me the heebie jeebies :-\ Is it a good movie?

Welcome to the forums! What are you most looking forward to about year 12? :)