Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:13:04 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 289216 times)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #300 on: June 30, 2017, 12:28:37 am »
+3
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
The Mortal Instruments and Vampire Academy. I had loved the book series and the movies tried to hard to be cheesy and hardly even followed the book's plot line. I couldn't even watch the whole movie which was really disappointing because I was so excited about renting it.
🙌
I don't think truer words have been said! The movies were shocking. Particularly Vampire Academy - my friends and I went and saw it at the cinema, and can quite frankly say, it was the biggest waste of $14 in the history of the world!!

Welcome to the forums :D

CalvinHill

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #301 on: June 30, 2017, 03:00:49 am »
+4
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I have already graduated from university. Received a master's degree in information technology.
Harte Jungs. As for me, this film is too stupid
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory). 
A spear

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2017, 03:19:47 pm »
+2
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I have already graduated from university. Received a master's degree in information technology.
Harte Jungs. As for me, this film is too stupid
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A spear

Welcome Calvin. Nice to see another IT'er on the boards :)
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

laurenmayer

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #303 on: June 30, 2017, 07:01:09 pm »
+4
Year 12. English, Further, Legal, History Revs and Media
Despicable Me. I cannot stand the hype around the minions. They truly irritate me.
My hair straightener

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2017, 07:02:24 pm »
+2
Quote from: laurenmayer
Despicable Me. I cannot stand the hype around the minions. They truly irritate me.
We can both agree on this :)

Welcome.
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2017, 07:10:56 pm »
We can both agree on this :)

Welcome.
Nooooo!

#MinionHype
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

NK_13

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #306 on: July 01, 2017, 10:31:03 pm »
+2
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects ? ( mandatory)
Year 10 : English, Maths, Science, French, Biology and 20th Century History
2. What movie do you most pasionately hate ? Provide justification ( mandatory)
Macbeth - I was forced to watch it at school. Most boring thing I've ever seen.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice ? (Mandatory) 
Hmmm, probably a gun

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #307 on: July 01, 2017, 10:39:11 pm »
+1
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects ? ( mandatory)
Year 10 : English, Maths, Science, French, Biology and 20th Century History
2. What movie do you most pasionately hate ? Provide justification ( mandatory)
Macbeth - I was forced to watch it at school. Most boring thing I've ever seen.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice ? (Mandatory) 
Hmmm, probably a gun
If you're doing 20th Century History, I take it you're doing History as an accelerated subject? I did this in years 10 & 11 :D A thoroughly enjoyable subject.
Also nice to see French in the mix there!

Welcome to the forum :D

NK_13

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #308 on: July 01, 2017, 11:32:58 pm »
If you're doing 20th Century History, I take it you're doing History as an accelerated subject? I did this in years 10 & 11 :D A thoroughly enjoyable subject.
Also nice to see French in the mix there!

Welcome to the forum :D

Yep I'm doing history 1&2 as it's compulsory at my school. Is it worth continuing 3&4 ?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #309 on: July 02, 2017, 12:31:32 am »
+1
Yep I'm doing history 1&2 as it's compulsory at my school. Is it worth continuing 3&4 ?
Oh wow, that's interesting!
Well, history was probably my favourite subject at school, so I'd say definitely ;D
I absolutely loved Revolutions, was the one subject I can say I thoroughly enjoyed turning up to every single lesson and thoroughly enjoyed actually learning. I guess how much you enjoy it can be influenced by your teacher and the revolutions you study (I did China & Russia), but it's an awesome subject to do as a 3/4 in Year 11 - you can dedicate heaps of time to it, and it makes it so much less stressful. Plus, I made some awesome friends in my class who were the year level above me, who were people I otherwise wouldn't have talked to. Would recommend. Happy to answer any further questions you have in PM :D

NK_13

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #310 on: July 02, 2017, 11:22:13 am »
+2
Oh wow, that's interesting!
Well, history was probably my favourite subject at school, so I'd say definitely ;D
I absolutely loved Revolutions, was the one subject I can say I thoroughly enjoyed turning up to every single lesson and thoroughly enjoyed actually learning. I guess how much you enjoy it can be influenced by your teacher and the revolutions you study (I did China & Russia), but it's an awesome subject to do as a 3/4 in Year 11 - you can dedicate heaps of time to it, and it makes it so much less stressful. Plus, I made some awesome friends in my class who were the year level above me, who were people I otherwise wouldn't have talked to. Would recommend. Happy to answer any further questions you have in PM :D

Thank you  :)

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
« Reply #311 on: July 05, 2017, 01:38:44 am »
+5
Year 12 -- 2017
Subjects: Mathematics, Mathematics (Extension 1), English (Adv), Biology, Business Studies, Software Design

There aren't any that I hate -- just mildly dislike, because each film has their own distinct quality about them.

I would use mathematical methods to calculate the shortest distance between the nearest zombie and myself, and take corrective action to combat these measurements (ie clone Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and 2 Russians)

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
Profession-wise: I'd like to do something in the computer field, as it's the future right now.
If not, I'll stick with being a maths teacher, since I love maths (don't know why I didn't do MX2, oh well :0)

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'd see myself as an introvert; I don't typically enjoy being the centre of attention, and if I do, I tend to pass the bucket to someone else.
As such, I'm not a party person. I'd like to spend my time being productive and enjoying satisfaction from productivity than living on the edge.
However, that's not to say that I don't like having fun. I just wouldn't like to be around peer groups and intoxication.
I'd like to say that I'm creative in my own merits, as well.

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #312 on: July 05, 2017, 11:09:16 am »
+2
Year 12 -- 2017
Subjects: Mathematics, Mathematics (Extension 1), English (Adv), Biology, Business Studies, Software Design

There aren't any that I hate -- just mildly dislike, because each film has their own distinct quality about them.

I would use mathematical methods to calculate the shortest distance between the nearest zombie and myself, and take corrective action to combat these measurements (ie clone Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and 2 Russians)

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
Profession-wise: I'd like to do something in the computer field, as it's the future right now.
If not, I'll stick with being a maths teacher, since I love maths (don't know why I didn't do MX2, oh well :0)

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
I'd see myself as an introvert; I don't typically enjoy being the centre of attention, and if I do, I tend to pass the bucket to someone else.
As such, I'm not a party person. I'd like to spend my time being productive and enjoying satisfaction from productivity than living on the edge.
However, that's not to say that I don't like having fun. I just wouldn't like to be around peer groups and intoxication.
I'd like to say that I'm creative in my own merits, as well.
Welcome to the forum, Opengangs!
Sounds like you and Aaron will get along well :)

claudiarosaliaa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #313 on: July 06, 2017, 08:54:40 pm »
+1
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? I'm currently in year 12 and I take English Advance, Extension 1 Mathematics, Extension 2 Mathematics and Legal Studies. I also did Drama accelerated last year :)

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. Ohhh this is a hard one... probably the Battleship Potemkin and I know I'm going to get a lot of people disagreeing and saying it is one of the best films of all time seeing as it basically invented montage, but I remember having to study it in yr 9 Film Studies and I am more than positive we watched the "steps" scene at least 40 times... without trying to sound dramatic, it was quite traumatic and quite frankly boring.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? Does an invisibility cloak count? haha
Year 12 student, Class of 2017. I am currently taking Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, English Advance, Legal Studies & Drama

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2017, 02:38:23 am »
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? I'm currently in year 12 and I take English Advance, Extension 1 Mathematics, Extension 2 Mathematics and Legal Studies. I also did Drama accelerated last year :)

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. Ohhh this is a hard one... probably the Battleship Potemkin and I know I'm going to get a lot of people disagreeing and saying it is one of the best films of all time seeing as it basically invented montage, but I remember having to study it in yr 9 Film Studies and I am more than positive we watched the "steps" scene at least 40 times... without trying to sound dramatic, it was quite traumatic and quite frankly boring.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? Does an invisibility cloak count? haha
welcome to atar notes!!

Yes an invisibility cloak counts but if we are going down that road I'm taking the elder wand  ;)