Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:45:47 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287656 times)

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2017, 05:35:07 pm »
+1
I mean, there are a lot of ways to make money... some of them might interest you a lot more than accounting hahaha.
Throw a couple out...
I'm a numbers guy at heart, I like computers and would like to know more about programming, and that's about it...
Where can i go from there??
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2017, 05:37:23 pm »
+1
Throw a couple out...
I'm a numbers guy at heart, I like computers and would like to know more about programming, and that's about it...
Where can i go from there??
If you like computers, I'd strongly encourage you to explore that more. Computer skills are the future - and if you go onto seek.com.au and look for "joks paying over 150k", you'll notice thousands in the computer science section - compared to hundreds in med/law, compared to tens in other industries. Pretty compelling.
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

S200

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2017, 05:40:48 pm »
+1
There's a couple of barriers in that path though...
No.1 is my parents; they aren't really supportive of a future in IT/Computer work...
No.2 is that although I like computers, I'm  not really that good on them...
I mean, I can batch script a fake virus, but that's about the limit of my technical expertise... :(
Carpe Vinum

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2017, 05:44:41 pm »
+1

Always better late than never. ;) 20 hours straight is impressive as - what was the motivation? Hahaha.

i want a cool answer but honestly? it was the day after (or of? heck.) last year's formal afterparty lmao.

No.1 is my parents; they aren't really supportive of a future in IT/Computer work...
I mean, I can batch script a fake virus, but that's about the limit of my technical expertise... :(

#1: double degree? (:
#2: surely that's what you'd study to learn? haha. (: do what you like, not what you think will earn you the most money.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:46:26 pm by patriciarose »
SUBJECTS |  English [47], Literature [46], Extension History @LTU [4.5]

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #274 on: June 13, 2017, 05:46:21 pm »
+1
1. I'm sure they'd come around if you showed them the huge proportion of 150k+ jobs LOL. If parents were going to "come around" to anything, it would be IT, once they were presented with good research. Besides, your parents aren't always going to be as dominant a force in your life as they are right now!
2. Michael Phelps couldn't swim once. Computers aren't a thing humans are "good at" or "bad at" - they didn't exist for 99.99% of our entire existence! Rather, they're just something we learn and practice. If you can script something - that's great. I don't even know what scripting is. So you're clearly better than me. I've met some pretty talented developers who were only doing it for a few years really full on. Even if you started pottering around right now, that's 2 years before you start uni, another 3-4 years in uni - for a total of 5-6 years of learning before you even go for an entry level job! Don't discount it just because you're not good at it right now :)

How was WonderWoman, btw, patriciarose?

S200

• Part of the furniture
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2017, 05:47:17 pm »
+1
#2: surely that's what you'd study to learn? haha.
Yeah...
That is what such courses are for... :D
wasn't really thinking there... ;)

and yeah brendan, they are a little dominant right now...
I guess it comes with the age... :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:50:16 pm by S200 »
Carpe Vinum

patriciarose

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #276 on: June 13, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »
+1
I don't even know what scripting is.

also, seconding this. you're already one step ahead ;)

How was WonderWoman, btw, patriciarose?

i'm seeing it friday! (was going to be a reward for finishing the gat and lit and legal sacs this week, now it's more of a reason to live, but hey, whatever works!) it looks actually amazing though and we never get female-driven superhero movies?! so tbh i'm prematurely dead, and that bodes well! if it's good i'll never shut up about it since i'm honestly living for this atm, haha. and on that note, if anyone's seen/seeing it and wants me to screech in their inbox, i ?? yes.
SUBJECTS |  English [47], Literature [46], Extension History @LTU [4.5]

ATAR (2017) | 95.95

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #277 on: June 13, 2017, 06:24:59 pm »
+2
also, seconding this. you're already one step ahead ;)

i'm seeing it friday! (was going to be a reward for finishing the gat and lit and legal sacs this week, now it's more of a reason to live, but hey, whatever works!) it looks actually amazing though and we never get female-driven superhero movies?! so tbh i'm prematurely dead, and that bodes well! if it's good i'll never shut up about it since i'm honestly living for this atm, haha. and on that note, if anyone's seen/seeing it and wants me to screech in their inbox, i ?? yes.
Definitely massive for women in the industry - VERY exciting. I'm keen af, haven't really looked into seeing it but I definitely should.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #278 on: June 13, 2017, 06:45:44 pm »
i want a cool answer but honestly? it was the day after (or of? heck.) last year's formal afterparty lmao.

Hahaha absolutely hectic. I reckon the longest I've slept consecutively is probably like 16 hours. Were you actually sort of groggy when you woke?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #279 on: June 13, 2017, 09:42:24 pm »
Hahahahaha. I love that attitude! Any idea what you want to do after Year 12, or is that just an annoying question rn? ;)

For most it is lol. We're struggling our way through Yr 12 to get to somewhere we dont even know D: I've got trials in 5 weeks and HSC not long after and I've got no idea of the course I want to do.

Woo!
Heavy Things :(

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2017, 12:01:22 am »
+1
For most it is lol. We're struggling our way through Yr 12 to get to somewhere we dont even know D: I've got trials in 5 weeks and HSC not long after and I've got no idea of the course I want to do.

Woo!
Sometimes, we just need to be!

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2017, 12:05:07 am »
+1
Sometimes, we just need to be!
did you perchance study philosophy?
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2017, 12:20:28 am »
+2
did you perchance study philosophy?
Oh god, don't get him started. Soon enough he'll start talking about how feet are actually triangles...

bellerina

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2017, 07:48:28 am »
Oh god, don't get him started. Soon enough he'll start talking about how feet are actually triangles...

I have lived a good seventeen years and i have not realised that feet actually do look like triangles..! #MindBlown  :o
The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #284 on: June 14, 2017, 09:07:28 am »
I have lived a good seventeen years and i have not realised that feet actually do look like triangles..! #MindBlown  :o

@Brenden, you have a friend!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.