Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 07:07:26 pm

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 288914 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2017, 09:54:27 pm »
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Year 12: Maths Extension, English Advanced, SOR 1, Visual Arts, IPT and Physics
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
I don't usually watch too many movies. I'm usually drowning myself in anime so....
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
A trained ninja. I ain't doing the fighting
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
I want to be happy with myself and be happy I'm alive and doing something :)
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
My life hasn't been very interesting. Its just eat, study, sleep with a lot of video watching in between :P

Welcome Le Burrito!! ;D i like your subject choices!! Very nice mix ;D

Le Burrito

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2017, 10:19:19 pm »
Welcome Le Burrito!! ;D i like your subject choices!! Very nice mix ;D
Thanks I've gotten that a lot
I had Maths Extension 2 before as well but I dropped it because I couldn't get used to the morning classes and my teacher refused to move it to afternoons :P
~ budding graphic designer
~ easily prone to procrastination
~ trying to balance school, Youtube, games, drawing, anime, manga, Korean variety shows, K-pop news and a social life

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2017, 10:22:56 pm »
I had Maths Extension 2 before as well but I dropped it because I couldn't get used to the morning classes and my teacher refused to move it to afternoons :P

Ahaha very nice, I could never do MX2 level mathematics before 1pm ;)

Be sure to let me know if you need help finding things around the site! ;D

1937jk

• Trailblazer
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2017, 10:36:33 pm »
+1
Okay, first post I hope this works,
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Year 12
English (advanced), Mathematics, Textiles & design, Dance, Biology, Studies of Religion 1
Hmmmm probably The Dressmaker, it seemed too ambiguous like she is apparently cursed and then former boyfriend jumps into a silo (why it was that a good idea in the first place I don't understand) and dies?! and then she goes insane and burns the whole town down?! like whaaat. Although, I did love the dresses she made
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
The ability to control the zombies and human mind to call peace (is that even a weapon ??? )
The kind of person you see and feel happy just by there positive energy and to have a driving force to achieve my absolute best in everything and anything I do
5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Hard work gets you to the places you need to be.

Hoi.Sola.Nooree

« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2017, 10:04:59 pm »
I am in Year 8 right now. I am studying the basic compulsory subjects- English, LOTE (Italian and Mandarin Chinese), Mathematics, PESH, History, Geography, Art, Food Technology, Information and Communication Technology, Wood Technology, and Science.
Every Marvel movie ever. They are so popular in my school and i frankly can't feel the same way. They are absolutely ridiculous, not just because of how unrealistic they are. I understand that they mainly depict supernatural forces and superheroes, etc... But I think that such concepts are a waste of time. I mean, let's take SpiderMan 2 as an example. Toby Macguire looked so stupid, and the fact that they actors were taking their characters seriously makes me crack up.
I would use a flame-thrower. In my opinion, zombies would be able to handle bullets, bruises and cuts. They're tissue is already dead. The flame-thrower shall physically burn them, so whilst they may not feel pain, they're limbs shall be rendered useless. It would also allow me to stay away from them whilst i eradicate them.
I wish to be at a point in life in which everything around me is stable. I want to experience Euphoria. I hope for my own apartment in the city, by the hospital i wish to work at. I hope to have left a university with a PhD in Medical Science, and to have provided myself with a pleasant acquaintance at home.
Well, my life hasn't been too great. I am the child of a single, unemployed mother in a small house with an intellectually disabled brother. My education is the only thing to look forward to. I had quite a decent life previously, but recent events involving moving states, my father, and financial issues, it is quite unpleasant at the moment. I don't know what to say i guess lol. I like pizza??
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:10:49 pm by jamonwindeyer »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2017, 10:09:31 pm »
I am in Year 8 right now. I am studying the basic compulsory subjects- English, LOTE (Italian and Mandarin Chinese), Mathematics, PESH, History, Geography, Art, Food Technology, Information and Communication Technology, Wood Technology, and Science.
Every Marvel movie ever. They are so popular in my school and i frankly can't feel the same way. They are absolutely ridiculous, not just because of how unrealistic they are. I understand that they mainly depict supernatural forces and superheroes, etc... But I think that such concepts are a waste of time. I mean, let's take SpiderMan 2 as an example. Toby Macguire looked so stupid, and the fact that they actors were taking their characters seriously makes me crack up.
I would use a flame-thrower. In my opinion, zombies would be able to handle bullets, bruises and cuts. They're tissue is already dead. The flame-thrower shall physically burn them, so whilst they may not feel pain, they're limbs shall be rendered useless. It would also allow me to stay away from them whilst i eradicate them.
I wish to be at a point in life in which everything around me is stable. I want to experience Euphoria. I hope for my own apartment in the city, by the hospital i wish to work at. I hope to have left a university with a PhD in Medical Science, and to have provided myself with a pleasant acquaintance at home.
Well, my life hasn't been too great. I am the child of a single, unemployed mother in a small house with a retarded brother. My education is the only thing to look forward to. I had quite a decent life previously, but recent events involving moving states, my father, and financial issues, it is quite unpleasant at the moment. I don't know what to say i guess lol. I like pizza??

Welcome to the forums! You've got some sophisticated goals and fantastic passions, especially given the stage of your education you are at. I hope we can be a great support network for you academically (and otherwise) as you move into higher years! :)

Ps - I also like pizza! :)

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2017, 10:13:38 pm »
Well, my life hasn't been too great. I am the child of a single, unemployed mother in a small house with an intellectually disabled brother. My education is the only thing to look forward to. I had quite a decent life previously, but recent events involving moving states, my father, and financial issues, it is quite unpleasant at the moment. I don't know what to say i guess lol. I like pizza??

Can I just ask what PESH is? I scoured the depths of the internet and only found this.. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pesh

Otherwise, you'll love it here :) Welcome my friend.
Heavy Things :(

Wales

• MOTM: JUN 2017
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +91
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2017, 10:15:09 pm »

Felt the same. Waking up at 6.30am and getting 5 hours sleep a night is definitely not good before a 4u lesson. I'm lucky to of sat the accelerated course giving me 4 free periods a week, 2 of which are 4u now :)

Heavy Things :(

Jerylieiah

• Adventurer
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2017, 07:17:35 pm »
+1
OK, I'm sure my answer will get drowned by the multitude of pages on this post but here we go anyways.

Year 12, with English Standard, Maths 2-Unit, Business Studies, Engineering Studies and SDD

I don't watch that many movies because I'm too busy studying and/or playing video games. I'm sorry...

I would like to wield a huge 2 handed sword one day. This is my chance. I probably won't be able to lift it though

Getting into uni is my short term goal right now. The only thing I wish for myself is not to get sucked into the monotony of daily life as an adult.

I can do it in one word: Procrastination

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2017, 07:21:27 pm »
+1
OK, I'm sure my answer will get drowned by the multitude of pages on this post but here we go anyways.

Year 12, with English Standard, Maths 2-Unit, Business Studies, Engineering Studies and SDD

I don't watch that many movies because I'm too busy studying and/or playing video games. I'm sorry...

I would like to wield a huge 2 handed sword one day. This is my chance. I probably won't be able to lift it though

Getting into uni is my short term goal right now. The only thing I wish for myself is not to get sucked into the monotony of daily life as an adult.

I can do it in one word: Procrastination

Welcome to the forums!! ;D

What video games are you in to? Further, what's the goal for uni?  8)

Let me know if you need a hand finding things around the forums ;D

Jerylieiah

• Adventurer
« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2017, 01:22:18 pm »
Welcome to the forums!! ;D

What video games are you in to? Further, what's the goal for uni?  8)

Let me know if you need a hand finding things around the forums ;D

Thanks for the help

I really like main series Pokemon games, I've been playing since I was 7. Many other Nintendo games also.

For uni, I'm trying to get into an IT course at UTS, they don't look strictly at your atar but it's a scholarship with a 100 percent job rate before students finish the course. There's always other options if I miss that.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2017, 01:34:26 pm »
Thanks for the help

I really like main series Pokemon games, I've been playing since I was 7. Many other Nintendo games also.

For uni, I'm trying to get into an IT course at UTS, they don't look strictly at your atar but it's a scholarship with a 100 percent job rate before students finish the course. There's always other options if I miss that.

Niiiice! Pokemon Emerald was a solid chunk of my childhood ;) that sounds like a great course goal! Best of luck with it; hopefully some of the resources around the forums can be useful for you along the way! ;D

dadwwdnnnn

• Adventurer
« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2017, 04:31:11 pm »
Hi!

I am thomas, currently in year 11 doing 3 unit mathematics for HSC this year aswell as Chemistry. Next years HSC includes physics, humanitary services aswell as arts.

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2017, 04:32:47 pm »
Hi!

I am thomas, currently in year 11 doing 3 unit mathematics for HSC this year aswell as Chemistry. Next years HSC includes physics, humanitary services aswell as arts.
Hey!
Eclectic mix of subjects! :)
Hope to see you around and let us know if you need help! ;D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

howey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +77
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2017, 02:42:08 pm »
+4
G'day guys,

To introduce myself, I'm currently the Psych and P.E. lecturer/tutor for ATAR Notes, so hopefully you'll be seeing me around the forums a bit more.

1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects?
I'm currently in second-year uni, studying Journalism. In Year 12, which I did in 2015, I studied Psych, P.E., Methods, English, Physics and HHD - one of the strangest mixes of subjects, I know!

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification.
The worst movie I've ever seen would have to be Noah. I can't even bring myself to relive it, so I'll move on.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
I'm right into dystopian and apocalyptic novels, so I think I'd have to arm myself with a crossbow in a zombie apocalypse, so I could kill from long range. Although a sword would be cool, I wouldn't want to get zombie blood all over my fashionable ATAR Notes T-Shirt.

4. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say?
No idea, so just like most of my essays, it'd probably be filled with a lot of fluff.

Brenden and Joseph41, I hope you're proud of me!

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" - Babe Ruth