Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:21:41 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287637 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2017, 11:18:44 pm »
+1
How do I get Jamon to mark my essays? Idk how to email him or post on the forum that essays get posted on. Anyone help?

Hey Vicky! Welcome to the forums! ;D

So to post your essay, just like you did to post in this thread, you simply need to reply in the relevant essay marking thread. It's in the HSC board for that subject - For example, here is the one for English Advanced modules ;D

Note that you do need to have 15 posts on the site to get something marked, as detailed in the essay marking rules ;D

Hope to see you around throughout the year! :)

Claudiaa

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2017, 11:08:26 am »
+3
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Year 11. Extension 1 Math, Advanced English, Modern History, Legal Studies, Economics, Studies of Religion I
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
I don't necessarily despise anything, but what does irritate me is when people complain about a certain personal issue yet they take no action to amend the issue. Alongside this, lazy people absolutely irritate me.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Defs a tank similar to that used in WW2 (can you tell I'm a modern student)
4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Routined asf, literally wake up check instagram/fb, go to school, study, gym, sleep. Eat sleep rave repeat? More like Eat sleep study repeat.
HSC 2018: English Advanced | Math Ext 1 | Studies of Religion I | Economics | Legal | Modern History

NAT0003

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2017, 07:03:57 pm »
+2
1. I am in year 11, and my subjects are accounting 1/2, economics 1/2, further 1/2, methods 1/2, busman 1/2 and english 1/2
2. I passitionately hate old man and the sea because the storyline is so simple and boring :P
3. A knife
4. I want to be a successful person who can acheive the expectations that I set myself
5. Short, sweet simple, but entertaining life with lots more surprises along the way : ;)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2017, 08:48:38 pm »
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Year 11. Extension 1 Math, Advanced English, Modern History, Legal Studies, Economics, Studies of Religion I
I don't necessarily despise anything, but what does irritate me is when people complain about a certain personal issue yet they take no action to amend the issue. Alongside this, lazy people absolutely irritate me.
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Defs a tank similar to that used in WW2 (can you tell I'm a modern student)

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Routined asf, literally wake up check instagram/fb, go to school, study, gym, sleep. Eat sleep rave repeat? More like Eat sleep study repeat.

Welcome to the Forums, Claudiaa. ;D Great to have you on board!

I love the routine hahaha; will you be fitting in ATAR Notes there somewhere? ;)

1. I am in year 11, and my subjects are accounting 1/2, economics 1/2, further 1/2, methods 1/2, busman 1/2 and english 1/2
2. I passitionately hate old man and the sea because the storyline is so simple and boring :P
3. A knife
4. I want to be a successful person who can acheive the expectations that I set myself
5. Short, sweet simple, but entertaining life with lots more surprises along the way : ;)

Good stuff, NAT. :)

I'm not familiar with The Old Man and the Sea; what's it about? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

NAT0003

« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2017, 09:40:17 pm »
+1

I love the routine hahaha; will you be fitting in ATAR Notes there somewhere? ;)

Good stuff, NAT. :)

I'm not familiar with The Old Man and the Sea; what's it about? :)
It's basically a book that I have to read for school about a man called Santiago who hasn't caught a fish for 84 days but he's persistent to catch one and then the story later developes into an adventure kind of thing where the man tries to catch a shark called a manolin, and yeah there's the movie as well, but as i said above the storyline is so simple and boring, making it a real drainer :P :P :P :P

Claudiaa

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2017, 10:18:25 pm »
+1

100% I will be fitting ATAR notes in it, if anything it's ruining my routine I could spend (and I have) hours on the forum pages

Mod Edit: Just brought your text outside the quote for you ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:50:06 pm by jamonwindeyer »
HSC 2018: English Advanced | Math Ext 1 | Studies of Religion I | Economics | Legal | Modern History

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2017, 10:50:24 pm »
+2
100% I will be fitting ATAR notes in it, if anything it's ruining my routine I could spend (and I have) hours on the forum pages

Ayyyyy, you are my kind of person ;)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2017, 04:13:59 pm »
+1
I like most movies, but tbh I'm really salty with Batman vs Superman. It was a trainwreck, half the time I didn't understand what was happening. Had so much potential :(
Someone who doesn't waste so much time  :-\
I agree with Batman Vs. Superman, it was more disappointing than anticipated- definitely was a waste of my time, hahaha.
I'm also sure there are plenty of tips around here there can help you! ;)
Hope to see you around here! ;D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

mashroumariam

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2017, 06:24:53 pm »
I'm in Year 12 and my subjects are English Advanced, Biology, Ancient History, SOR II and Visual Arts.
Confessions of a Shopaholic. My sister used to always put it on so I've basically memorised the whole plot and script, I can't even look at the movie cover anymore haha.
My shoe LOLL but hmm... a gun I suppose.

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2017, 06:48:54 pm »
I'm in Year 12 and my subjects are English Advanced, Biology, Ancient History, SOR II and Visual Arts.

Welcome to the forums! I like your subject mix - Cool blend of science, humanities and arts ;D

solyana116

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2017, 11:33:43 pm »
+1
Year 12 xD. English, Maths, Chemistry, Japanese.
Food Fight. Usually I'm a huge fan of animations and animated movies but not this. The animations were so bland and wonky and it was extremely difficult to get through. Many aspects of it didn't make sense at all: 'I'm going to pop your corn', my favourite line. If the animation hadn't been so glaringly bad, it still would've been a bad movie, in my opinion. It also came out in 2012 and had a budget of $45 million...If you want to see how great it is, I highly recommend you to watch it. You might even enjoy it, although amazement at people who enjoyed something I couldn't.
Cross/Bible :)
I want to be an influential person, who can help others, help others xD. There's so much in life you can do!! (besides procrastinashun) I also have many hobbies and things that I want to achieve although it's it's kind of impossible xD. I want to do mission, travel to other countries and experience many exciting and interesting things, be able become a recognised digital artist, speak five languages fluently, teach music, act and model and dance, work in the airforce and in the medical field, become a master and instructor of taekwondo and table tennis, be a writer, youtuber and blogger, join MENSA, lots of things ahaha.
Busy life: Eat. Sleep. Read. Repeat.
hope - hold on pain ends
Philippians 2:3
 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves,

liamwindeyer

• Adventurer
  • Jamon's Brother
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #221 on: March 16, 2017, 09:32:13 pm »
+3

Year 12 -- Maths (Advanced + Ext. 1), Music 1, English Advanced, Physics, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion

The first third of Monuments Men. Didn't really get past that point...

The first third of Monuments Men

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #222 on: March 16, 2017, 09:41:45 pm »
+2

Year 12 -- Maths (Advanced + Ext. 1), Music 1, English Advanced, Physics, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion

The first third of Monuments Men. Didn't really get past that point...

The first third of Monuments Men

What took you so long to rock up?  8)

liamwindeyer

• Adventurer
  • Jamon's Brother
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2017, 09:51:07 pm »
+1
What took you so long to rock up?  8)

Been too busy studying... maybe    ::)

Le Burrito

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2017, 09:52:17 pm »
Year 12: Maths Extension, English Advanced, SOR 1, Visual Arts, IPT and Physics
I don't usually watch too many movies. I'm usually drowning myself in anime so....
A trained ninja. I ain't doing the fighting
I want to be happy with myself and be happy I'm alive and doing something :)
My life hasn't been very interesting. Its just eat, study, sleep with a lot of video watching in between :P
~ budding graphic designer
~ easily prone to procrastination
~ trying to balance school, Youtube, games, drawing, anime, manga, Korean variety shows, K-pop news and a social life