Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 12:45:49 am

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 288632 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2018, 10:50:26 pm »
+3
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory). [/b]
My karate moves (which i am yet to gain)

Better hold off the apocalypse while you train! ;) aha welcome to you and everyone! ;D

technodisney

• MOTM: AUG 2018
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #571 on: October 23, 2018, 12:07:06 am »
+3
Woah woah woah. So many new peoples. Welcome all. Great seeing new faces.

Although Atarnotes is full of a crap tonne of edumacational things there is a small games board to procrastinate have fun on.

You can find it here.

One of the games is “count to 20 before a mod posts” and recently some new mods were appointed making the game almost impossible. So long story short we need your help or the moderators are gonna keep making us loose the game with no chance.

But seriously, from my experience the games board is the best place for fun banter and to get to know some of the members, although it can be VERY addicting, you have been warned.

EDIT: and oh yeah the mods who are assigned to the games board (secretly_a_poet and insanipi) are in my opinion the best mods. So that’s another reason to procrastinate have fun on the games boards
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 12:11:14 am by technodisney »
My Informatics 3/4 SAT Guide

Methods, BusMan, EngLang, Informatics, VET IT
technodisney's VCE Journal
Cert IV Live Production and Technical Services RMIT (City Campus)
technodisney's journey into Live Theatre
The Disney Nerd needs to get fit

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. ~ Walt Disney

dilini.a

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #572 on: October 23, 2018, 06:05:43 am »
+5
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Hi :) right now I am in year 11 VCE; currently I am taking English, Methods, Physics, Psychology and 3&4 Biology.
2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
To tell the truth I am not a big fan of watching movies, I kind of like most movies, but I dislike the recreation of Romeo and Juliet, why? Because... I had to study it for English.   
3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory). 
I would use a sniper rifle ;), this would allow me to hide in a safe place and get rid of zombies.

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
As a person, I want to do as many things as possible. these things range from been a caring person to totally going wild.  ;D

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Super optimistic, crazy, loves all my friends. Loves my family. Food, culture, and traveling. science girl. :D

TaylaW_7027

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #573 on: October 23, 2018, 07:31:19 am »
+5
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
Year 11, BusMan 3/4, Literature, General Maths, Outdoor Ed

Nothing

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Bow and arrow

Primary school teacher

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #574 on: October 23, 2018, 07:35:16 am »
+3
Welcome to AN @dilini.a and @TaylaW_7027! ;D

I would use a sniper rifle ;), this would allow me to hide in a safe place and get rid of zombies.
But do you have good aim? :P

Year 11, BusMan 3/4, Literature, General Maths, Outdoor Ed
OMG someone doing outdoor Ed! How are you finding it?
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

abhiroop.pal1

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #575 on: October 23, 2018, 11:53:45 pm »
+6

Year 12 2019! I would like to study Medicine or Nursing at university!
I do:
-English Advanced
-Chemistry
-Biology
-PDHPE
-French Beginners
-Modern History
-History Extension!

TBH I don't really have a single film that I hate but for a book: I hate Trash. Like it's literally trash. The plot was, though relevant and eye-opening, reallllllllllllyyyyyyyyy boring. Couldn't stand studying it at school in year 8 rip. :( XD

I would probably choose a cement mixer! If zombies are dumb, why not trap the zombies in concrete BAHA! But for a weapon: Perhaps a chain or some form of really big mace that I can swing around!

I want to be an inspiring role model and a LEADER as well as someone who strives to achieve the best by fulfilling my potential - just like evryone else! I want to be able to be a voice for the voiceless as well as a support for the supportless!

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).

I'm going to stick to a poem I will make up on the spot!!

Tragic
Sometimes I really have a frown
Magic
But I don't always feel so down
Archaic;
My sense of humour, I should - really get out of 'town'

Depression
Staying demotivated isn't really great
Procrastination
Striving to achieve my potential,through the help of a mate(s)
Satisfaction;
Of my unique ability and motivation to relate

Life may be a harsh crack in the street
But if you stay positive, you'll achieve a great feat

Love one another
xoxo

Abhiroop

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #576 on: October 24, 2018, 07:32:44 am »
+1

Year 12 2019! I would like to study Medicine or Nursing at university!
I do:
-English Advanced
-Chemistry
-Biology
-PDHPE
-French Beginners
-Modern History
-History Extension!

TBH I don't really have a single film that I hate but for a book: I hate Trash. Like it's literally trash. The plot was, though relevant and eye-opening, reallllllllllllyyyyyyyyy boring. Couldn't stand studying it at school in year 8 rip. :( XD

I would probably choose a cement mixer! If zombies are dumb, why not trap the zombies in concrete BAHA! But for a weapon: Perhaps a chain or some form of really big mace that I can swing around!

I want to be an inspiring role model and a LEADER as well as someone who strives to achieve the best by fulfilling my potential - just like evryone else! I want to be able to be a voice for the voiceless as well as a support for the supportless!

I'm going to stick to a poem I will make up on the spot!!

Tragic
Sometimes I really have a frown
Magic
But I don't always feel so down
Archaic;
My sense of humour, I should - really get out of 'town'

Depression
Staying demotivated isn't really great
Procrastination
Striving to achieve my potential,through the help of a mate(s)
Satisfaction;
Of my unique ability and motivation to relate

Life may be a harsh crack in the street
But if you stay positive, you'll achieve a great feat

Love one another
xoxo

Abhiroop

Welcome to the forums!
Medicine and nursing both sound like they'd provide plenty of opportunities for speaking up for disadvantaged groups - were there any in particular that come to mind for you as being "voiceless"?

simratkaur

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #577 on: October 25, 2018, 06:52:26 pm »
+5

I just started year 12! I do Standard english, Visual arts, Modern history, Studies of religion & Society and culture

I really didn’t enjoy Sierra Burgess is a loser. Plot line was cliche and it wasn’t interesting I was pretty excited for it too so that kinda sucked!

The guy from walking dead had a gun so i guess a gun? But i’d run out of bullets so maybe a hammer.

I honestly don’t know! Something in the creative field. I just want to do well in my HSC so I have as many options as i can get

In general I’d say i’m a creative, I run a little t shirt brand with my friends n I do all the graphic design and photography and I also compete in spoken word competitions around Sydney!!

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #578 on: October 25, 2018, 06:59:10 pm »
The guy from walking dead had a gun so i guess a gun? But i’d run out of bullets so maybe a hammer.

Welcome to AN ;D

What’s your favourite subject at the moment? I’m guessing visual arts?
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #579 on: October 25, 2018, 07:00:14 pm »

I just started year 12! I do Standard english, Visual arts, Modern history, Studies of religion & Society and culture

I really didn’t enjoy Sierra Burgess is a loser. Plot line was cliche and it wasn’t interesting I was pretty excited for it too so that kinda sucked!

I honestly don’t know! Something in the creative field. I just want to do well in my HSC so I have as many options as i can get

In general I’d say i’m a creative, I run a little t shirt brand with my friends n I do all the graphic design and photography and I also compete in spoken word competitions around Sydney!!

2. Ahh, I agree it was a little cheesy, but kinda cute at the same time.  :)

5. Wow, running your own business is pretty cool! Does it have a name?
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

Rose19

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #580 on: October 25, 2018, 08:57:45 pm »
+4
Currently I am in year 11, doing 3+4 Biology and Economics then 1+2 English, Chemistry, Methods and Psychology
I don't really hate any movies, they are all alright, kinda just stick to tv shows
I would want to use a magic wand, and I would use it to keep the zombies away from everyone
I want to be a kind and trustworthy person, I am aiming high within the science field but a little unsure what exactly at the moment

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #581 on: October 25, 2018, 08:59:20 pm »
+1
Currently I am in year 11, doing 3+4 Biology and Economics then 1+2 English, Chemistry, Methods and Psychology
I don't really hate any movies, they are all alright, kinda just stick to tv shows
I would want to use a magic wand, and I would use it to keep the zombies away from everyone
I want to be a kind and trustworthy person, I am aiming high within the science field but a little unsure what exactly at the moment
Hey there and welcome to the forums!
What interests you the most about science? :))
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

sofichu

• Adventurer
  • sydney, aus
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #582 on: October 25, 2018, 09:21:29 pm »
+8
hey guys :>>>
Just entered Year 12 but still Year 7 at heart :') I'm currently on 4U Maths, 3U Eng, Bio, Chem, Mod but I will probably be dropping MX2

Any horror movie. Probably Annabelle because my friend forced me to watch it at 4am in the morning with her

Cambridge 3U textbook ngl

I want to be someone who is well rounded and knowledgeable, not just in academics, but has enough life experience to make good and well informed decisions. Travelling is pretty much the top of my post-hsc to do list :) I would say that I want to achieve "great things" but I'll be happy to create any change that makes the people around me a bit happier :))

Least I tried. (the end) ;D
HSC 2019 — Advanced English, Extension 1 English, Extension 1 Maths, Extension 2 Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Modern History

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #583 on: October 25, 2018, 09:27:06 pm »
+2
hey guys :>>>
Just entered Year 12 but still Year 7 at heart :') I'm currently on 4U Maths, 3U Eng, Bio, Chem, Mod but I will probably be dropping MX2

Any horror movie. Probably Annabelle because my friend forced me to watch it at 4am in the morning with her

Cambridge 3U textbook ngl

I want to be someone who is well rounded and knowledgeable, not just in academics, but has enough life experience to make good and well informed decisions. Travelling is pretty much the top of my post-hsc to do list :) I would say that I want to achieve "great things" but I'll be happy to create any change that makes the people around me a bit happier :))

Least I tried. (the end) ;D

Welcome to the forums!

I've never been travelling overseas but it's certainly something I'll be doing before the end of my course (I'm in uni). Is there anywhere in particular you want to go?

Sounds like there are a bunch of post-highschool options that could appeal to you, are there any that you're especially interested in?

sofichu

• Adventurer
  • sydney, aus
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #584 on: October 25, 2018, 09:33:18 pm »
+4
Welcome to the forums!

I've never been travelling overseas but it's certainly something I'll be doing before the end of my course (I'm in uni). Is there anywhere in particular you want to go?

Sounds like there are a bunch of post-highschool options that could appeal to you, are there any that you're especially interested in?

Glad to join!
I'm pretty keen on going to Japan and Korea after HSC (mostly because I'm a huge foodie). But I also want to possibly go on exchange during university to North America so I'm looking into that at the moment and researching different exchange programs. In terms of the specific degree, I hoping for a 98+ so I can do the dream degree of Optom at UNSW. If not, then I'm also interested in business so maybe a com/sci degree? Still figuring it all out :)
HSC 2019 — Advanced English, Extension 1 English, Extension 1 Maths, Extension 2 Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Modern History