Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:13:43 pm

Author Topic: Make Your First Post!  (Read 287729 times)

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Make Your First Post!
« Reply #465 on: May 14, 2018, 01:47:32 pm »
+2
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I am currently in year 9
Just out of curiosity are you applying for a select entry school or are you here for the banter? Also please come help us Count to 20. We need all the help we can get

2. What movie do you most passionately hate? Provide justification. (Mandatory)
Gremlins and Ghostbusters

memez
How could you??  :'(
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »
1. What year level are you in right now, and what are your subjects? (Mandatory)
I am currently in year 9

Gremlins and Ghostbusters

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Fast legs

4. Who do you want to be as a person, what do you want to achieve? (Optional)
Happiness, success and a stable life with everything mostly positive

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Shit happens

Great to have you here! :D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

DogBlackTheBlackDog

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2018, 02:13:25 pm »
+7
Year 11 and doing the following 1/2s:
English, general maths, food tech, global empires (revs), chemistry.
I'm also doing 2 unit 3/4 subjects:
Ancient History, Auslan

Divergent. The books were bad enough.
I also kinda hated Goblet of Fire (4th Harry Potter film). Why? One word: 'calmly'. (I hope some of you understand what I'm talking about.)
As you can tell by my username I'm actually a huge Harry Potter fan.

3. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice? (Mandatory).
Self destruction.

Discover the meaning of life? Idk.

Mod edit: removed inappropriate aspect of post
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:24:39 pm by K888 »
2018 - Ancient History [36], Auslan [28]
2019 - English [37], Further [45], Food Studies [41], Chemistry [32], Physical Education [40]

2020 - Bachelor of Nutrition Science (scholars program) @ Monash

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2018, 02:33:15 pm »
+1
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

AR1472

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #469 on: June 17, 2018, 04:43:57 pm »
+4
Currently I'm in Year 10, studying Maths Methods 1/2 and Bio Unit 1 (my school doesn't offer Unit 2 for Year 10 students). I'm still tossing up between the subjects I'll do in Year 12. Apart from VCE subjects, I'm doing English Language (just finished my English elective), IT, Sport/Health, and I just finished my history elective.

Well I surprisingly don't like watching many movies, especially in theatres. Unless it's a movie that catches my attention super quick, I kinda get impatient 10 minutes in. So I can't really think of a movie I hate  ;D

I feel like a lot of weapons have downsides to them... How about a gun with an infinite amount of bullets?  ;D

I want to be happy  :D

5. If you had to summarise your life in a paragraph, what would you say? (Optional).
Very eventful. But right now it's full of studying!

prickles

• Forum Obsessive
  • Goals are just dreams with deadlines
  • Respect: +268
« Reply #470 on: June 17, 2018, 04:47:15 pm »
+3
Currently I'm in Year 10, studying Maths Methods 1/2 and Bio Unit 1 (my school doesn't offer Unit 2 for Year 10 students). I'm still tossing up between the subjects I'll do in Year 12. Apart from VCE subjects, I'm doing English Language (just finished my English elective), IT, Sport/Health, and I just finished my history elective.

Well I surprisingly don't like watching many movies, especially in theatres. Unless it's a movie that catches my attention super quick, I kinda get impatient 10 minutes in. So I can't really think of a movie I hate  ;D

I feel like a lot of weapons have downsides to them... How about a gun with an infinite amount of bullets?  ;D

I want to be happy  :D

1. Great to have you here! I'm sure you'll find something that suits you and your future  :)
2. It sounds like your most hated movie is...every movie?  ;D ;D Flip the question, any movies you really like?
3. What if it gets jammed?
4. Sounds short and sweet  ;D and achievable
5. All the very best with everything!

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #471 on: June 17, 2018, 04:54:32 pm »
+1
Not to discourage, but it gets worse from here. :'(

Welcome to the forums and ATB.
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

AR1472

• Forum Regular
« Reply #472 on: June 17, 2018, 05:01:33 pm »
+1
1. Great to have you here! I'm sure you'll find something that suits you and your future  :)
2. It sounds like your most hated movie is...every movie?  ;D ;D Flip the question, any movies you really like?
3. What if it gets jammed?
4. Sounds short and sweet  ;D and achievable
5. All the very best with everything!
1. Thank you so much!!
2. Haha it does come off that way  ;D Well when I was younger I did love the Jurassic Park series, so I'd probably say that the very first movie is my fav
3. Ahh I didn't think of that.. I think I saw some other users mention a double edged sword, so maybe something similar to that. Although that would mean I'd have to get quite close to the zombies  :-\
4.  ;D 
5. Again thanks so much!!  :D :D

AR1472

• Forum Regular
« Reply #473 on: June 17, 2018, 05:05:20 pm »
+2
Not to discourage, but it gets worse from here. :'(

Welcome to the forums and ATB.

I already feel so stressed doing methods and bio and not even 3/4.. i really have to improve my time management!!

and ty!

BrittyG

• Forum Regular
  • Work hard and be rewarded
  • Respect: +50
« Reply #474 on: June 23, 2018, 10:18:59 pm »
+7
I didn't do this when I first joined!! I'm still getting to know atar notes properly and I've been a member since last year so here are my answers...

Year 12
English Standard
General Math
Business Studies
PDHPE
Biology
Studies of Religion I

Frozen: Too much hype and too many people belting out the lyrics off key and annoying the crap out of me

Definitely a chainsaw

I want to spread positivity and brighten up peoples days. I'm generally outgoing and like to make a fool out of myself. In terms of what I want to achieve... I'm aiming for an ATAR of 80, getting into ACU's CAP Program and getting into Physiotherapy at ACU, but I'll settle for any Uni, to be honest.

It alllllllll started when my mum and dad ... JK. A casual chick living a double life as a city girl by weekday and westie by the weekend. Living a life with 2 brothers born on the same day as me (1-year difference) (brothers are twins) and causing a bunch of mischeif with them.
HSC 2018
Biology || Business Studies || English Standard || Genral Math || PDHPE || Studies of Religion I

Nexica

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #475 on: June 29, 2018, 07:33:03 pm »
+3
Year 10.
I'd have to say the emoji movie. The humor makes me cringe. Ugh.
An invisibility cloak. If that's not allowed, an AK47
Not sure about my future yet. Aiming for an ATAR of above 85.
A paragraph? I don't even need a paragraph. I can summarize it in one word: CONFUSION
lol

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #476 on: June 29, 2018, 07:35:39 pm »
Year 10.
I'd have to say the emoji movie. The humor makes me cringe. Ugh.
An invisibility cloak. If that's not allowed, an AK47
Not sure about my future yet. Aiming for an ATAR of above 85.
A paragraph? I don't even need a paragraph. I can summarize it in one word: CONFUSION
An invisibility cloak is definitely allowed! ;D

Welcome to the forum! ^_^
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
  • Never let your memories be greater than your dream
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #477 on: July 02, 2018, 07:07:05 pm »
+3
I'm in year 12 at Sydney Secondary College Blackwattle Bay Campus, and I'm studying Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Advanced English, and Extension 1 Maths.
Ahhh, I'm gonna say Star Wars The Last Jedi, now don't get me wrong I enjoyed it kinda, but there were just so many different issues that I really struggle to look past. In particular Rose's character stuck out like a sore thumb.
I'm gonna have to say a spiked baseball bat. I mean what else?
Woah, all I really wanna do is leave a lasting legacy on the people around me. Besides exploring the unknown that space has to offer (Huge fan of Cosmology and Astrophysics). I really just want to improve the livelihood of society as a whole and work towards building a integrated, fair and informed society.
Hmmm, what to say? So far my life has really just been me plodding along and not really experiencing life in the moment, but now that I'm in my final year of schooling, it's really coming down on me, and I've only now started to be the voice of my story and not an echo (totally stolen line, but had to chuck it in). As everything, socially, academically, and more has really started to take off.
Hsc: Advanced English || Maths Extension 1 || Mathematics || Economics || Chemistry || Physics

secretweapon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #478 on: July 02, 2018, 07:09:07 pm »
+1
I'm in year 12 at Sydney Secondary College Blackwattle Bay Campus, and I'm studying Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Advanced English, and Extension 1 Maths.
Ahhh, I'm gonna say Star Wars The Last Jedi, now don't get me wrong I enjoyed it kinda, but there were just so many different issues that I really struggle to look past. In particular Rose's character stuck out like a sore thumb.
I'm gonna have to say a spiked baseball bat. I mean what else?
Woah, all I really wanna do is leave a lasting legacy on the people around me. Besides exploring the unknown that space has to offer (Huge fan of Cosmology and Astrophysics). I really just want to improve the livelihood of society as a whole and work towards building a integrated, fair and informed society.
Hmmm, what to say? So far my life has really just been me plodding along and not really experiencing life in the moment, but now that I'm in my final year of schooling, it's really coming down on me, and I've only now started to be the voice of my story and not an echo (totally stolen line, but had to chuck it in). As everything, socially, academically, and more has really started to take off.
Welcome to the forums Fergus6748 ;D

Fergus6748

• Trendsetter
  • Never let your memories be greater than your dream
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #479 on: July 02, 2018, 07:15:33 pm »
+1
Welcome to the forums Fergus6748 ;D
Cheers. I've technically been posting on other topics before this, but thanks all the same
Hsc: Advanced English || Maths Extension 1 || Mathematics || Economics || Chemistry || Physics