Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:10:59 am

Author Topic: Unsure which exams to do for chemistry revision - need advice!!!  (Read 825 times)  Share 

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Unsure which exams to do for chemistry revision - need advice!!!
« on: September 24, 2020, 05:47:49 pm »
+2
Hi everyone, I just need some advice on what exams I should do for chemistry.

I want to save the 2016-2019 (NHT incl) VCAA exams for a bit later on, closer to the exams. I know that VCAA is the best resource for doing exam revision, but I have done SO many checkpoints questions/past exam questions through the year - and especially some of the trickier VCAA ones, I actually can recalll the answers to them when I see them. I tried doing the 2013 VCAA paper today, and I had pretty much done most of the questions before/they aren't on the study design. This left very few questions left.

Am I better off going through the entire papers again so I can 'add that exam to the list of exams I've done,' or just choose the questions I know I haven't seen before?

Also, how worth it is it going through much older VCAA chemistry exams? Has there been a lot of changes since then?

I have access to many company exams, but I do know that they're not the adequate preparation.
I feel lost and stuck and I'm unsure how to revise.

I very much regret doing so many exam questions before my SACs. :(

Would love some advice :)

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
Re: Unsure which exams to do for chemistry revision - need advice!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 06:22:18 pm »
+4
I’ve hand picked some singular unit 3 and 4 exams from 2008-2010 but since you remember the questions I not sure if it’s worth doing it. Maybe at least try the full length ones from 2013 onwards but if that’s too much maybe try ONE NHT one now?

Also company exams are also okay to test knowledge, like my school made us do neap which I’m not a fan of bc of the out of scope questions but they have a lot of really basic accessible questions. Also I love insight but I don’t think I’ll get to do many other companies but there’s also STAV, TSSM etc

Only do company exams from this SD so you get more from them (the only content you have to cross out is what they’ve removed this year not that + stuff from other study designs leaving you with hardly anything on the exasm.

You could also do like the 2002 exams as worksheet? My school has vcaa questions by topic and some of these are before 2010 (I’m not sure how far checkpoints goes back). I can send these to you if you want  :D :D
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 07:00:38 pm »
Thanks so much for this El! I think that is what I'll do - finish off the old VCAA questions by purely doin questions I haven't seen before :)

I'll probably only do the company exams from 2020 (and 2019 if needed)

Thank you  :D

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 07:21:57 pm »
+4
You could try the website Dynamic Science which splits previous VCAA exams into specific topics and they've got questions from before 2010
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 10:19:07 pm »
+1
You could try the website Dynamic Science which splits previous VCAA exams into specific topics and they've got questions from before 2010

Yeah I forgot about this!!!! It’s really good! I’m so sad I found it just before the very last sac
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝