Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:43:20 am

Author Topic: Family LCMs  (Read 2450 times)  Share 

mylinh-nguyen

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Family LCMs
« on: June 20, 2017, 11:28:08 pm »
I need help is there any cases and media for family when there is a relationship breakdown and the legal obligations and responsibilities of children
any help would be appreciated :)

GabeB

• Adventurer
Re: Family LCMs
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 02:24:55 pm »
Not sure if you'd still need help on this. But if you were to clarify what type of case you want I'd be happy to help

Lucysheppard99

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 06:41:34 pm »
+1
To find cases go to the austli website and type in the advanced search the area your looking for and then choose the family court of australia. It picks out relevant cases and you can read about each case.

bimberfairy

• Trendsetter
  • Dedicate the present to working on yourself
  • Respect: +36
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:10:39 pm »
+1
Not sure if this case'll help but in my notes, I added the case Campbell v. Campbell (1988) where the court ruled that upon the divorce of two parents, the father would have to pay child support payments for as long as the children of the marriage would still be in school. I was able to relate this to the children being entitled to education + the parent's legal obligation of having to allow them access to education. The only downside is that this case was set in Alabama, not Australia. There's more on the case at http://caselaw.findlaw.com/al-court-of-civil-appeals/1029589.html. Hopefully this helps (:
HSC 2017: Mathematics Extension | Mathematics Advanced | English Advanced | Biology | Legal Studies | Business Studies
2018: Bachelor of Commerce/Advanced Studies (Dalyell Scholars) @ USYD

"Everyone's fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

caitlinlddouglas

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 08:34:11 pm »
+1
Perhaps you could even talk about the sally faulkner case, and the difficulty of the breakdown of family relationships between nations. It highlights an issue of enforceablity with the Hague convention and also had heaps of media coverage- 60 Minutes was involved

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 12:03:50 am »
To find cases go to the austli website and type in the advanced search the area your looking for and then choose the family court of australia. It picks out relevant cases and you can read about each case.

Great tip Lucy, welcome to the forums! ;D

Perhaps you could even talk about the sally faulkner case, and the difficulty of the breakdown of family relationships between nations. It highlights an issue of enforceablity with the Hague convention and also had heaps of media coverage- 60 Minutes was involved

Not sure if this case'll help but in my notes, I added the case Campbell v. Campbell (1988) where the court ruled that upon the divorce of two parents, the father would have to pay child support payments for as long as the children of the marriage would still be in school. I was able to relate this to the children being entitled to education + the parent's legal obligation of having to allow them access to education. The only downside is that this case was set in Alabama, not Australia. There's more on the case at http://caselaw.findlaw.com/al-court-of-civil-appeals/1029589.html. Hopefully this helps (:

So helpful, thanks to you both, you are awesome ;D

mylinh-nguyen

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 02:03:25 pm »
oh ok thanks heaps!!

thanks

Ahh yeah thanksss
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:04:46 pm by jamonwindeyer »