Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:15:43 am

Author Topic: ThunderDragon's VCE Journey  (Read 13264 times)

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Re: ThunderDragon's VCE Journey
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 11:27:25 pm »
+5
Update 1 26/04/2020

This isn't going to be a stereotypical update just cause I haven't done much in terms of work because of procrastination, stress, anxiety, and loneliness (thanks a lot corona) so I'm just gonna update you guys on what I hope to achieve by next week. I plan to do the major updates each Monday.

English:
I don't really have much planned out for English for this week. I need to finish my Rear Window Questions which are due tomorrow night but besides that, I'm probs just gonna do the assigned work that our school will give us tomorrow and nothing more.

Methods:
As much as I hate this subject, I actually need to start getting a grip on it and doing work. I'm roughly 6 chapters behind and probs not even going to crack a 25 at this point. I plan to complete Chapter 1 Functions and Relations and Chapter and Chapter 2 Geometry and Matrices from the Cambridge Textbook even though we use Quest just cause I heard it's better. Might also do a bit of Trig cause doing that with my tutor and it's not as bad as the rest of the topics.

Chemistry
Been procrastinating a lot with this subject so I need to get a handle on this subject as well. Aiming to do all the Chapter exercises and reviews for Redox, Galvanic and Fuel Cells by the end of the week and also create notes for these topics. My motivation for this subject has fallen down a lot after my first Sac but I'm still gonna try espesh since I don't know how Sacs would be weighted due to Corona.

Biology
Actually doing decently in this subject. Been watching some Edrolo and going through the content with my tutor makes things so much easier. Aiming to finish watching Edrolo for Cellular Respiration, complete notes for Energy transformation in cells, complete questions from the Heinemann textbook for Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration cause Nelson book is trash and if I have time, maybe do some Biozone. Still have high hopes for this subject cause haven't had any Sacs yet.

Psychology
I should study more for this subject espesh if I want to do really well for this subject. Having slight difficulty with Operant Conditioning for some reason so I need to review that a bit. Probs just going to complete the work that our school sets us which is a couple of learning activities from the textbook but also probs going to watch some Edrolo videos for Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning and Observational Learning.

UCAT
Have done very little practice so far kinda getting stressed since its only around 2 and 3 weeks away for me. Aiming to finish watching all the Medify videos and complete all the Medify modules this week so I can get a grip on the strategies behind it first. Also aiming to push in some practice questions as well.

In terms of extra-curricular, aim to work out for at least 60 minutes a day (actually kinda been doing that these last few weeks one fo the few things I've had routine for) and spend 30 minutes practicing Clarinet.

Hoping to get out of this cycle of sitting around and doing no work.  I'll probs update you guys on Friday about how I've been going and maybe do these what I plan to do updates on Mondays. I hope everyone has been doing okay during online schooling.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2020, 06:55:07 am »
+1
Hi ThunderDragon,

Cool journal by the way!
This isn't going to be a stereotypical update just cause I haven't done much in terms of work because of procrastination, stress, anxiety, and loneliness (thanks a lot corona) so I'm just gonna update you guys on what I hope to achieve by next week. I plan to do the major updates each Monday.
Yeah it really sucks, but we'll all get through it eventually. All the best with productivity! It's so hard sometimes, but planning out what you want to achieve throughout the week will help, good luck!

Biology
Actually doing decently in this subject. Been watching some Edrolo and going through the content with my tutor makes things so much easier. Aiming to finish watching Edrolo for Cellular Respiration, complete notes for Energy transformation in cells, complete questions from the Heinemann textbook for Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration cause Nelson book is trash and if I have time, maybe do some Biozone. Still have high hopes for this subject cause haven't had any Sacs yet.
Yes! If there is one subject you should love it's definitely biology because it is 100% the best subject! Edrolo is really good with explaining concepts so I would encourage you to keep at it. Good luck for your first SAC!

In terms of extra-curricular, aim to work out for at least 60 minutes a day (actually kinda been doing that these last few weeks one fo the few things I've had routine for) and spend 30 minutes practicing Clarinet.

Hoping to get out of this cycle of sitting around and doing no work.  I'll probs update you guys on Friday about how I've been going and maybe do these what I plan to do updates on Mondays. I hope everyone has been doing okay during online schooling.
This is so GOOD, I wish I had the motivation to work out for an hour each day, I hardly manage 30 minutes. You've inspired me and I'll try to do better this week.
Looking forward to the next update  8)
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2020, 02:18:07 pm »
+3
Are we the same person? The methods sac is so soon and I’m also doubting whether I can get a 25. I have 3 weeks to get everything we’ve done so far together. But don’t give up! The fact that you’ve acknowledged there’s work to be done is a step in the right direction! I’m assuming you haven’t had a sac yet....don’t count yourself out!

My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2020, 04:59:29 pm »
+1
Hi ThunderDragon,

Cool journal by the way!Yeah it really sucks, but we'll all get through it eventually. All the best with productivity! It's so hard sometimes, but planning out what you want to achieve throughout the week will help, good luck!
Yes! If there is one subject you should love it's definitely biology because it is 100% the best subject! Edrolo is really good with explaining concepts so I would encourage you to keep at it. Good luck for your first SAC!
This is so GOOD, I wish I had the motivation to work out for an hour each day, I hardly manage 30 minutes. You've inspired me and I'll try to do better this week.
Looking forward to the next update  8)
Haha yeah Edrolo is pre good resource.
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2020, 05:00:56 pm »
Are we the same person? The methods sac is so soon and I’m also doubting whether I can get a 25. I have 3 weeks to get everything we’ve done so far together. But don’t give up! The fact that you’ve acknowledged there’s work to be done is a step in the right direction! I’m assuming you haven’t had a sac yet....don’t count yourself out!
Yo good luck on your methods Sac. Yeah we just got our Sac project this week for methods but I have no idea whether it contributes to our study score or not.
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 10:43:53 pm »
+7
Mid - Week Update

Kinda bored so why not update you guys on what I've been up to so far and plans for the rest of the week. One new study technique update I made is that I'm trying out the Pomodoro technique with a slight twist. I plan to complete 4 25 minute and 5-minute rest study blocks before being followed by a long 30-minute break and then repeating the cycle. Tried it today but got disrupted by a few things. Gonna experiment with this for the rest of this week and see if it is productive for me or nah.

English
I haven't done an awful lot however I did manage to finish my part of Chapter 9 Rear Window Questions since we have an English Call tomorrow and I want to be prepared just in case I get called by my English teacher. Besides that, haven't really done much and not really planning to do anything else for English this week.

Methods
Kinda disappointed in myself but haven't done much except look at the SAC project questions that they gave us this week. Not sure whether this will even contribute to our study score or not cause teacher's been kinda vague about it. I guess the aim is to finish this Sac before the due date of next Monday and also do questions from Chapter 1 of the Cambridge textbook.

Chemistry
Managed to finish Chapter 4 tho left a few of the last questions of the Chapter review blank. Planning to complete the Galvanic Chapter exercises, review, Fuel Cells chapter and have a watch of Electrolysis Edrolo vids for the rest of this week. Still behind but aiming to catch up by the end of this week.

Biology
Finished watching Cellular Respiration Edrolo so far. Planning to start doing textbook questions and completing Biozone for Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration. Currently where I need to be so not too fussed on time.

Psychology
Completed half of my Psych homework so far. Need to finish the remaining bit of my homework which is on Observational Learning. Planning to also watch some Edrolo vids on Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning and Observational Learning. 

UCAT
Haven't done anything at all so far this week and kinda stressing out since my UCAT is only 2 and a half months away. Need to grind this for the rest of this week.
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2020, 05:26:49 pm »
+5
Not really an official update but pretty pissed with the 'revised' study design changes.

English:
I don't know how I feel about this new update. Haven't got either my two Sacs I've done for English so no idea whether the increase in weighting is a good thing or bad thing for Unit 3. Probs bad but we'll see. Kinda glad Oral is gone tho.

Methods:
Glad Statistics and lot of Probability is gone.

Chemistry:
Super mad about the new increased weighting of Unit 3. That just means my shit first Chem SAC contributes more than it used to. Also mad they removed a lot of Food Chem. Only good thing is the removal of some things like Mass Spec.

Biology:
Like Chem kinda mad with the new increased weighting of Unit 3. Haven't done any SACs so not awfully mad but still. Removal of lots of evolution stuff is kinda good.

Psychology:
Like Chem also very mad because of the increased weighting of Unit 3. While my SAC wasn't bad at all, it just makes getting a 45+ slightly harder. The removal of half of Mental Health really triggers me though cause that actually looked interesting.

Not sure how VCAA thinks this is gonna cause less stress but I guess nothing can be done about it. How is everyone else finding the revised study design changes?
2019 - Geography [41]

SmartWorker

• Forum Obsessive
  • Wake determined. Sleep Satisfied.
  • Respect: +79
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2020, 06:59:18 pm »
+1
Not really an official update but pretty pissed with the 'revised' study design changes.

English:
I don't know how I feel about this new update. Haven't got either my two Sacs I've done for English so no idea whether the increase in weighting is a good thing or bad thing for Unit 3. Probs bad but we'll see. Kinda glad Oral is gone tho.

Methods:
Glad Statistics and lot of Probability is gone.

Chemistry:
Super mad about the new increased weighting of Unit 3. That just means my shit first Chem SAC contributes more than it used to. Also mad they removed a lot of Food Chem. Only good thing is the removal of some things like Mass Spec.

Biology:
Like Chem kinda mad with the new increased weighting of Unit 3. Haven't done any SACs so not awfully mad but still. Removal of lots of evolution stuff is kinda good.

Psychology:
Like Chem also very mad because of the increased weighting of Unit 3. While my SAC wasn't bad at all, it just makes getting a 45+ slightly harder. The removal of half of Mental Health really triggers me though cause that actually looked interesting.

Not sure how VCAA thinks this is gonna cause less stress but I guess nothing can be done about it. How is everyone else finding the revised study design changes?

WHATTTT I just saw the revised study designs how come no one told me :P
Advice to smash Biology ¾:

2021 VCE - 99.35

Tutoring Bio, Chem, English, Methods 1/2 & 3/4 for 2022. DM if interested

Want some advice for VCE? 👇

https://youtu.be/zq0xsaE9GJ4

Coolgalbornin03Lo

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +132
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2020, 07:24:47 pm »
+3
Quote from: ThunderDragon link=topic=190870.

[b

Methods I don’t care cause that was a shit show anyway.

Psych I’m a bit bummed cause I like the subject but my first meh sac is now worth more but the last good sac I did t now worth 2.5% instead of 2% lol.

Chem- so mad because those two bad SACs I did are now worth 10% not 8% and my plan to make a comeback in unit 4 is useless bc unit 4= unit 3.

Bio- I did great in unit 3 sac at school so it’s worth more yay. But the sac I did on Monday which I think I failed is also worth more :(

I never really liked the idea of English oral and am glad no more science experiment sacs!!!!! For all the sciences

Too much detail lol
My avatar sums up life.
“I’m free to be the greatest one alive” ~ Sia
╔══════════════════════════════╗
2020: English | Methods | Biology | Chemistry |              Psychology | ATAR: 0
╚══════════════════════════════╝

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2020, 08:45:45 pm »
WHATTTT I just saw the revised study designs how come no one told me :P
Lol I just saw people post about it on Facebook and decided to check the sad news.
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2020, 08:48:58 pm »
Methods I don’t care cause that was a shit show anyway.

Psych I’m a bit bummed cause I like the subject but my first meh sac is now worth more but the last good sac I did t now worth 2.5% instead of 2% lol.

Chem- so mad because those two bad SACs I did are now worth 10% not 8% and my plan to make a comeback in unit 4 is useless bc unit 4= unit 3.

Bio- I did great in unit 3 sac at school so it’s worth more yay. But the sac I did on Monday which I think I failed is also worth more :(

I never really liked the idea of English oral and am glad no more science experiment sacs!!!!! For all the sciences

Too much detail lol
Yeah I think a lot of ppl are mad about Chem. Guess we just have to deal with this crap that VCAA decided to throw on us.
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2020, 09:06:51 pm »
+2
Week 4 Update

English
Finished my part of the group questions for Chapter 9 Rear Window. Not really an achievement since it was 3 questions and took 30 minutes.
Planning to just complete whatever work my teacher has set cause we've only been on Rear Window for a week or so.

Methods
Didn't really do much except I've pretty much finished our SAC Project thing which is due tomorrow afternoon so that's a + sign. I don't even know if it counts to our study score or not but regardless, don't really care too much.
Planning to complete a couple of worksheets that my tutor gave me on Trigonometry and also going to do some ones we did on Linear because I suck. Also planning to watch 15 minutes of Methods Edrolo each day from the start of the course and slowly catch up.

Chemistry
Completed Chapter 4 Redox exercises and completed Exercise 5.1 and partway through 5.2 in Galvanic Cells. I am behind but doesn't matter too much cause no Sacs for Chem until we get back to school.
Planning to finish Chapter 5 Galvanic Cells, create notes on Redox and Galvanic, watch VolkScience videos for Fuel Cells, Electrolysis and Faraday's Law and complete Exercise 6.1 as well as Chapter 9 exercises. Like Methods, also planning to watch 15 minutes of Chemistry Edrolo each day from Redox and slowly catch up as well.

Biology
Finished Edrolo videos for Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration and completed some Photosynthesis questions from Checkpoints. Surprisingly this is my favorite subject at the moment.
Planning to make notes for Photosynthesis/Cellular Respiration, complete Biozone for Photosynthesis/Cellular Respiration, complete Energy transformations questions and chapter review from the Heinemann Textbook(additional textbook cause Nelson textbook sucks shit), watch Cellular signals on Edrolo, complete Cellular signals questions and chapter review from the Heinemann textbook as well as work our teacher has assigned us. Finding some similarities with Psych atm.

Psychology
Complete all the Learning activities that my teacher has assigned and we are now done with Learning.
Planning to watch Edrolo videos for Learning cause unsure of a few concepts, complete Workbook activities for Learning Activity, complete activities 1 - 4 from 'The Psych Book' and also make notes on Learning.

UCAT
Done about an hour of UCAT this whole week so kinda failed at it.
Planning to finish watching the SJT Video and complete all the Medify modules and start practising some questions properly.

That's all for this upcoming week. Will probs update mid week sometime.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:08:31 pm by ThunderDragon »
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 08:37:26 pm »
+4
Week 5 Update

It's been another week and here's an update on things have gone the last week and plans for this upcoming week. Productive wise, haven't done much because I started watching this Netflix Kdrama ''Crash Landing On You'' and like many Netflix shows, you get addicted and binge-watched the show in 3 days (30 hours). Highly recommend the show but probs not a good idea to start watching Netflix shows during VCE tho.

English
Completed most of the chapters that our school assigned us for Rear Window although I've got about 2 or so more Chapter questions to complete before it's due tomorrow night.

For this week, I am aiming to complete 1 essay prompt that our teacher has provided us on Rear Window. Also aiming to complete a Language Analysis practice essay that my tutor has provided.

Methods
Our first formative SAC has been submitted. I would say I'm rather alright with how I felt I did although the last section was a bit dodgy and I feel as though my curve was a bit off. The teacher says this will either contribute nothing or very little to SAC 1 so not really worried on how well I do. As long as I didn't fail, then I'm all good.

For this week, I am aiming to complete some worksheets on Trigonometry as well as go back on some things about Linear and Basic Functions.

Chemistry
I can't exactly remember what I have done for Chem this week but I did some things that helped me understand Redox and Galvanic Cells a bit more.

For this week, I am aiming to complete textbook Chapter Review questions for Redox, Galvanic, and Fuel Cells as well as some exercises that I forgot to complete for Galvanic Cells. Also aiming to watch all the VolkScience videos on Electrolysis and Faraday's Law as well as complete the textbook exercises for Electrolysis. My tutor also gave me a whole bunch of worksheets from Redox to Electrolysis which I need to complete :(

Biology
Haven't actually done a lot for Bio. Had to complete the Chapter 4 Chapter Review questions but pretty much rushed through them because the questions were pretty crap and I wanted to continue watching my Kdrama.

For this week, I am aiming to complete textbook questions and Chapter Review for Energy transformations in Cells from the Heinemann Textbook (another textbook) as well as Biozone for Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration. Also planning to watch Edrolo videos for Cellular Signals and Intro to Antigens, Heinemann Cellular Signal questions and bizone for Cellular Signals.

Psychology
Besides completing the set learning activities from our teacher, haven't done much either.

For this week, I am aiming to create notes for Learning, complete workbook activities for Learning and some activities from 'The Psych Book' based on Learning. Also aiming to watch all the Memory videos on Edrolo.

UCAT
Still mad that I haven't done anything new for this. Hoping to start finishing the tips and tricks and start practicing.

Hopefully I won't be distracted by Netflix this time and can get some work done. Also waiting for the school update tmr by Dan Andrews cause heard speculations that schools back in 2 weeks.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 08:38:59 pm by ThunderDragon »
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 05:38:05 pm »
+8
Update

Hey everyone, it's been about a month since I updated mainly due to stress, going back to school, and feeling tired in general. Here's an update on what's happened so far.

English:
I still haven't gotten back my Argument Analysis and Creative SAC back yet so I have no idea how well I'm doing and whether I will end up getting a 20 in English or a 50 or somewhere in between. I have a Rear Window Text Response SAC in a couple of weeks which I should probs start studying and writing essays for soon. I'm just gonna pretend that I failed the first two sacs as a way to boost up my motivation on preparing for this next English SAC.

Methods:
Still hate this subject with passion. We completed 2 Formative SACS and I think I did alright although I don't think they count or count much towards my study score so I'm not really concerned about what I will get. Our official SAC for Unit 3 is in the 2nd or 3rd week of Term 3 so it's still a long way off however I'm still about half a year behind so either way, i'm stuffed.

Chemistry:
I got my first Chem SAC back a few days ago and was pretty disappointed with my Chem marks. I got 65% even though the average was around 80%. Having serious doubts about doing decently or well in this subject but I guess since the next Chem SAC is next term, I still have time and a chance to pull things around.

Biology:
Somehow this subject has become my favorite subject. My first Bio SAC is in about 1.5 weeks on Antigens, Cellular Signals and Immunity and slightly nervous but I shall start cramming for the SAC about a week before the SAC.

Psychology:
Super stressed about this subject. I just received my first Psych SAC mark and got 90% (45/50) but I felt really disappointed because the average was around 86% and I kinda wanted to be well above the average. This has caused me to become really stresed about the next Psych Sac (in a few days time) as I am aiming for 100%. This subject is decently easy in content however our cohort for Psych is extremely competitive (pre much everyone is really good) and losing a few dumb marks means you could easily fall below the median.

UCAT:
My UCAT is exactly 6 weeks away and I feel so stuffed about it. I need to do more practice and mocks.

Update on New Study Score Goals:
English: Raw 41 - 45 (Most likely will change when I receive my first 2 Sac marks back in about a week or two)
Methods: Raw 25 - 29 (Almost given up at this point)
Chemistry: Raw 40 - 44 (This one is definetly going to be a hard goal for me)
Biology: Raw 48 - 50 (Still possible but could change after my first SAC)
Psychology: Raw 48 - 50 (Still possible but I need to make sure I don't lose any more dumb marks on the next few Sacs)
UCAT: 90 Percentile + (This is just a pain)
2019 - Geography [41]

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2020, 10:00:45 pm »
+5
Mini - Update

This isn't a proper update but just got a few things I wanted to update you guys on and release from my chest.

First thing is, I got my first Psych SAC back on Nervous System and Stress and I got 45/50. It's alright since it's slightly above median but also slightly disappointed that I didn't get higher. Just completed my Learning and Memory SAC a few days ago and have been worrying about it since. Really aimed for Full Marks but knowing Psych and the amount of dumb mistakes everyone makes in this subject, I don't think I got 100%.

I have my Bio SAC on Antigens, Cellular Signals and Immunity. Kinda worried cause ideally I want to lose as little marks as possible since it's my first Bio SAC and I want to have a good start. Anyone have any tips on how to study for a Bio SAC? It's in around 5 - 6 days and my plan so far is doing posters, Checkpoints, ATARNotes Topic Tests and a Prac SAC. I don't know if I should do the Heinemann Bio questions or whether that's just a waste of time.

In terms of UCAT Practice, I wish I had more resilience to do more. I've only done about 2000 questions so far and my UCAT is in about 5 weeks. I'm averaging like 600 in everything except VR which I'm averaging around 650 - 700. Very much worried about this. I hate Abstract Reasoning and Decision Making so much.
2019 - Geography [41]